Where Can I buy vitamin B12 injection... - Pernicious Anaemi...

Pernicious Anaemia Society
21,592 members15,106 posts

Where Can I buy vitamin B12 injections from?

Lizzieloo96
Lizzieloo96

I have been diagnosed with b12 defiency but one every three months just isn’t enough and I feel too tired by the end of the 2nd month! Where can you buy them from in the UK?

27 Replies
oldestnewest
Foggyme
FoggymeAdministrator

Hi Lizzieloo96

Links to all items that you'll need:

Hydroxocobalamin 1mg in 1 ml x 100 (boxes of 10 ampoules also available)

versandapo.de/en/8614/38623...

This has been on special offer and last time I looked, it was out of stock - so here's another supplier, just in case (I've bought from both):

mycare.de/en/online-kaufen/...

Other supplies (syringes, needles, sharps disposal box, alcohol skin wipes):

medisave.co.uk/b-d-2ml-plas... (2ml syringes better than 1ml - easier to draw up B12 and easier to handle than thinner 1ml syringes)

medisave.co.uk/b-d-microlan... Green needles for drawing up)

medisave.co.uk/b-d-microlan... (Blue needles for injecting)

medisave.co.uk/sharpsguard-... (Sharps Bin for disposal of ampoules, needles and syringes)

medisave.co.uk/medisave-pro... (Alcohol injection swabs)

Good luck

👍

P.s. third attempt at posting so sorry for multiple reply messages that you will have received (links were broken so I had to fix, and fix, and fix...re-post, re-post, re-post- suspect HU 'glitch' 😉).

Lizzieloo96
Lizzieloo96
in reply to Foggyme

Thank you so much!!

DarlingBri
DarlingBri
in reply to Foggyme

Hi Froggyme. Thank you for the info; I've just ordered from MyCare and Medisave. How long do your B12 orders from Germany usually take?

Cheers!

Foggyme
FoggymeAdministrator
in reply to DarlingBri

Hi DarlingBri. Whenever I've ordered, it's always arrived in about five days, sometimes sooner.

Good luck with the SI 👍

DarlingBri
DarlingBri
in reply to Foggyme

Delighted it's an option and really appreciate the clear directions.

Luna1978
Luna1978
in reply to Foggyme

This is so helpful Thanku. I’ve just ordered. How do I work out how much to take each time? Thanks!

Foggyme
FoggymeAdministrator
in reply to Luna1978

The usual dose is 1mg of B12 per injection. 👍

Luna1978
Luna1978
in reply to Foggyme

Sorry, how often? Do you know how much we get in our 10weekly injection from doctors? Thankyou for replying!

Foggyme
FoggymeAdministrator
in reply to Luna1978

GP injections contain 1mg B12.

Frequency of injections can be different for each individual (the NHS one size fits all regime doesn't fit very many people!). The idea is to try and work out what is right for you.

Try doing another injection when your symptoms return (I'm assuming that they return before your usual ten weeks and that's why you want to self inject). The idea is to time injections so that you have them before symptoms return - you will be able to work this out now you have control of how often you have the B12.

If you have neurolgical symptoms guidelines state that injections should be given every other day until your symtpoms stop improving. For some this happens quite quickly, for others it may take many months. If you follow this regime, once you think that you symtpoms have gone or a not improving any further, reduce the frequency slowly (say every three days, then every four, then weekly...and so on, until you hit the point where you’re able to time your injections so that you have them before symptoms return.

Unfortunately, no hard and fast rules here because we’re all different and different frequencies of injections suit each individual.

Good luck 👍

Luna1978
Luna1978
in reply to Foggyme

Thanku so much. So I’m basically having 1mg every 10 weeks atm. Every few weeks would be better for me going forward. Thanku for all your help. It really is great x

Foggyme
FoggymeAdministrator
in reply to Luna1978

No problem. Good luck

Luna1978
Luna1978
in reply to Foggyme

Sorry one more question, I’ve placed an order from the German company. Are they intramuscular or subcutaneous injections as it says both on the box (but in German) and I thought you inject differently depending? X thanks Ahain.

Foggyme
FoggymeAdministrator
in reply to Luna1978

Can be used for either so it’s up to you. Suggest you stick with IM if that’s what you’re used to.

Luna1978
Luna1978
in reply to Foggyme

Brilliant thanks.

I buy from Vesandapo,too, arrives within 5 days. You can buy a pack of 10 syringes/10 blue needles/10 green needles & 10 swabs very cheaply ( under £5) from Amazon. Youll need a sharps box too from Medisave or lots on EBay.

Ah that’s great thank you!

You can buy sublingual (under the tongue) B12 in high dose (5000mg) over the counter. Take it daily and it will work. I don't think you can get the shots without a script. Remember to hold it under the tongue for a minute before you swallow.

Hi there is a great auto-injector on the market from a company called Union Medico in Copenhagen. It is the only one that does IM injections or Sub-Cut. I swear by mine, couldn't do my injection without it, I'm very needle phobic. Here's the link: unionmedico.com/product/sup...

Hi thanks for suggesting suppliers of B12.

Like previous members Ive have these administered from my GP, but they’re not frequent enough at once in 3 months.

I’m trying to order from the first link and the stock is available, just wondering if you know how to translate the page in English? I don’t understand the detail on the page.

Thank you in advance

Hi Lizzieloo96 I know you posted this a couple of years back, but I wondered how you got on? I'm just embarking on this journey and having seen some B12 injections through a private clinic at £200 for 10 ampoules, I'm wondering where the "DIY kit" from all the helpful sources mentioned above, is a better route to go? I feel a bit nervous doing that without some sort of clinical input or monitoring.

Anyone have any thoughts? :)

Oops *whether, not where!

I also have it, but I had to fight my corner as they tried me on 3 monthly. I now have it every month. Don't let them tell you... you know your own body. Insist on blood tests and if you're low then it will tell you.

You may also like...