Self treating B12 with injections from Germany

I downloaded the PDF check from the pernicious anaemia society website and scored 66. (

Have been suffering from the effects for years and after a couple of close relatives where diagnosed with PA I decided to look into it.

I bought some B12 (hydroxocobalamin) depots from a German company and have been injecting myself for about 2 weeks. Got the needles from was all fairly easy and then looked up injecting intra muscularly on youtube etc. I'm not squeamish so that definitely helps ;-)

I'm feeling dramatically better already, looking forward to more improvements and moving into the maintenance stage.

10 Replies

• Hi th3joker,

You are welcome and thanks for sharing your journey in recovering your health.

Sometimes Actions speak louder than Words

• My doctor commented some years back that my red blood cells where a strange shape and larger than normal but didn't look any further at it.

I didn't really feel like going to the doctors about it as they tend to try and put you on anti-depressants before actually running any tests nowadays.

• Suggest that you carry on with loading until you stop noticing the symptoms getting better ... and then do maintenance as you feel the symptoms coming back - don't go by arbitrary recommendations but listen to what your body is telling you

• Hi, just wondering where you get your b12 from. Can you give me the link? PM me if that's best. Good luck with it. :-)

• I get mine from 

• thank you :)

• Does anyone know if you can use those self injection pens for B12?

• oh I like the sound of that, sounds so much easier!

• I have all the info of where to buy b12 for injecting as well as the syringes and needles. but I still feel scared of injecting something that I have bought on line! I'm so glad that you are feeling better for them. :)

• I was a bit wary but they have made such a difference now that I'm 100% happy with the results.

I used these ones:

You may also like...