Information about Pernicious Anaemia and B12 deficiency from the Pernicious Anaemia Society

What is Pernicious Anaemia? pernicious-anaemia-society....

What’s the Difference between Vitamin B12 Deficiency and Pernicious Anaemia? pernicious-anaemia-society....

Symptoms: pernicious-anaemia-society....

Diagnosis: pernicious-anaemia-society....

Treatment: pernicious-anaemia-society....

FAQ: pernicious-anaemia-society....

Pernicious Anaemia Society Library: pernicious-anaemia-society....

BSH Guidelines : pernicious-anaemia-society....

folate disorders onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi...

Last edited by

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great easy to see read-out.. Thanks 😃

• Welcome :) Loads more to read on the first two sites of course, just thought I'd give a sample.

• Wow! I'd not seen that final document on how pills, lozenges, etc., aren't a replacement for parenteral administration. Plus the bit -

The stories about problems with methylation are also heavily exaggerated by tablet sellers

• It's from the Dutch B12 research institute (and soon also treatment center, 1st of it's kind) The founders are coming to the conference in December. They have some other interesting articles, but no translation..yet.

• Cool. Roll on December!

• Agree :)

• I can't believe you are going without me lol... Seriously let's hope we can have a summer one! We could probably all do with the Vit D :p

• Thanks for this super explanation! I am being tested for this following blood results taken after diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome that showed low B12 at 176.........will follow this until it is ruled out. Have to phone for results in a fortnight.

• Just to note that carpal tunnel syndrome seems occur more often in those with thyroid issues - possibly worth checking out that direction as well as B12. (And thyroid and B12 issues go hand in hand all too often.)

• Thanks, first round of blood tests ruled out thyroid and rheuamatoid arthritis (thankfully) but found B12 deficiency, probably easiest out of the three to deal with!

You may also like...