B12 injections and weight loss?

Has anyone else noticed rapid weight loss with self injecting B12 ?

(I started with 1 a week for 10-12 weeks as it was very low and no help from GP, and now once every 2 weeks)

Not much of a diet change (as it wasn't that bad anyway, and no exercise added). Just with injecting B12. (A lot of change in weight).

I wasn't overweight so I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed.

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I was the opposite unfortunately, lost a stone in the 6 months prior to PA diagnosis but started gaining again once I got injections.

• Have you had your thyroid checked? There does appear to be some interaction between B12 and thyroid function.

• I wish! Unfortunately my weight has increased.

• I've lost some weight since si - about half a stone. I know it's because I'm not eating as much as before - my appetite has really waned. I have to force myself to eat, much of the time.

• I noticed the lack of appetite, but don't feel the need to eat, just eat because u have to and try to eat a good diet.

B12 is enough to give you 101 symptoms and hard to deal with, The last thing I want is a lack of something else.

• I lost about a stone before diagnosis and it's slowly creeping back on.

• I have lost 3 stone in three years since starting treatment

Mind you I needed to lose it I think it's because I have more energy now

Barb

• Could be the case. I was very Inactive due to low B12 and no energy before SI.

• Hi

Yes it's worth checking your thyroid but I agree( privately) - I had more energy - that and I stopped eating gluten.

How are you feeling and sorry to ask but how much is a lot?

Yes the Dr'S are useless but their hands are tied in the NHS. The RDA limits for most vitamins was set up in 1941. Just a tad behind Japan and other forward thinking countries!

• A lot ?

You mean weight ?

I lost about 10kg in last 6 months. To me it seems a lot.

• Sorry forgot.

I feel much more energetic and a lot of other symptoms have gone, some improved. My main symptom now is fatigue. I'm not taking any Iron, I think I was on the low side and that's causing it, also was low on D3.

• Hi

They both need to be optimal.

Vit d makes a massive difference- take it with K2 mk-2.

It's definitely worth the £99 blue horizon fee that will give you a reading on all thyroid and 11 vitamins- it is private and comes directly to you.

Yes that is a fair amount of weight loss- depends whether you can afford to lose it. Definitely needs monitoring- just need to ascertain reason as I have never heard of it being b12 and you certainly don't want that taken off you.

Daft question but how is your diet- good fats are your friend. Most of my clients have to alter eating habits.

If you need any help message me

• K2 is Potassium, what is K2 my-2 ?

What does it do, does work together with D3.

Is blue horizon a private blood test ?

• Thanks very much.

Clients ?, Can I ask what u do.

You may also like...