Pernicious Anaemia Society


Hi I wonder if someone can help I was diagnosed with PA 5 years ago as my mum also has the condition and have been advised this is hereditary but my doctor has sent me a letter today to say that my injections need to be reviewed I also take folic acid I don't know where to turn as this has happened before with the same GP and I had to fight to get my b12 injections!!

3 Replies

First go and see your GP, worry when you need to, it could just be a blood test he is after.



If you have been diagnosed with pa lifelong injections are needed even if your b12 improves

See link to nhs guidlines


thank you this is very helpfull


You may also like...