Parkinson's Movement
13,742 members12,279 posts

Mannitol update

Just to give an update. Mannitol is proving to be amazing for me still. After my initial day of huge improvememt I have plodded along feeling stronger and mentally sharper when 2 days ago I had a day of feeling very sharp mentally and the next day my body felt 'normal' again! My right hand is even more dexterous and my hands now wwork as a pair, r hand just automatically doing its thing and swing is automatic whereas just week ago i had to encourage movement. This big improvement is like last one following of day of improved mental ability.

Amazing stuff.

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Great news. I am also finding it incredibly helpful. Taking one heaped tsp a day. What dose are you on now?

1 like

I take 1 tablespoon a day in morning coffee

2 likes

Same

please tell me how long you hae been ussing for

Two months

I tablespoon a day in morning coffee

does it help with stiffness and tightness of the chest and back

I dont have those issues. But it helps with all my issues

Does it help tremor. Where do u purchase it

Dont have a tremor syncolein.com

Hasn’t helped with mine yet....but still taking it daily...

Thank you for sharing !

I hope you fill the CliniCrowd questionnaire monthly. It's important, really

1 like

Digestive issues with Mannitol? I'm tempted to try it but have a delicate digestive system so I've been reluctant.

I received my order today. It's like icing sugar! I don't think it would do any harm to digestion. Start slowly.

Started on teaspoon then upped dose- no digestive issues here- its a natural plant based sugar.

1 like

I’ve been taking a table spoon with my morning coffee for the last 4 months and all I have is an over abundance of gas. I guess it works for some......... best wishes to those having positive results’

1 like

New research shows it helps break down the clumping in our brains so beneficial that way too. Try syncolein.com supplier has antigas agent added

1 like

great news! it show that our bodies have the ability to heal. i have been taking mannitol also, and have noticed improvements. keep us updated.

1 like

What kind/brand are you using?

i dont know if your question was directed to me, but ive been getting it at bulksupplements.com

I get mine from syncolein.com- has anti-gas agent added.

I have been using this for 10 months now. Certainly keeps me regular. You still need to do exercise with this though and eat really well - which means no fast carbs which I find sooo difficult. Have recently started taking Vitamin B1, though not sure what dose of that I need. Not sure whether the latter is helping.

Symptom wise before I was having terrible sleep, constipation, orthostatic hypertension and also some tremors.

This certainly resolved constipation. Tremors disappeared. But recently feel that my legs aren't always working as they should - it's ok at weekends and after exercise, but in the office my left leg feels weird.

Anyway now winter's beginning to end should be able to start exercising properly and can continue to hold off progression.

One thing I am now doing is seriously considering giving up alcohol except occasionally at weekends after reading this:

market-ticker.org/post=233049

(to summarize any amount of alcohol disrupts sleep and the more you have the more days sleep are disrupted) Give the amount of sleep disruption inherent in Parkinson's anyway I don't feel I can risk adding alcohol to the mix as well.

Disclaimer - I haven't been diagnosed yet and don't want to be - in part because of denial. And in part because of increased insurance costs and having to declare this for any future job interviews etc.

2 likes

I read that more than one glass of wine interferes with Azilect and if i have more than one glass i get the most thumping of headaches. Think alcohol is a no-no with most medication.

Alcohol is a toxin ... kills not only your optimum medication potential but also your gut bacteria, too. Numerous reasons to avoid it.

Have some red wine in your cooking. The alcohol will evaporate leaving the goodies! ( but don’t cook too long or you might destroy them)

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...

Is Mannitol still working for you ?

Yes I find Mannitol brilliant at keeping me positive.

You may also like...