Back pain worse because of refferd pain? - Pain Concern

Pain Concern
26,036 members โ€ข 8,876 posts

Back pain worse because of refferd pain?

Hi

Just looking for some advice or suggestions please.

Iv had neck pain and deferred pain in the muscle on my shoulder has a result from it.

The past few months iv been getting really bad back pain especially the lower back. It goes up to my shoulder blades and feels like a hot sharp belt on the lower back. It's gone a few times and Dr has given me naproxen for it...

I don't know what else to do about.it as feel like in constantly there complaining!

Thanks in advance.

Kat.

129 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Hello, has your doctor suggested Tramulief, I've been going through the simular problems that you have, Also have you had MRI scan bec it would help find the cause of the problem, take care ๐Ÿ™‚

2 likes

Thank you for your reply. No just same painkillers all the time. I will make another app and see what they say. They don't do scans would be a physiotherapist to put me forward for oneโ˜น๏ธ thank you though.

You take care aswell. What showed up in your scan? X

1 like

Are you sure you want to know coz I don't want to scare you, it could turn out your problem is totally different from mine x

2 likes

Aw bless yes please. Tbh my back has never been the same since having my baby. Before I had him (8yrs ago) I had no aches and pains.

It's only this year since iv fluffed up my neck that it's got worse down there. Only share if your happy too no worries if not x

1 like

No problem, I suffer from having a worn down spinal disc putting pressure on my siatik nerve and slow leak of spinal fluid, it's just I didn't want you to start panicking, stress is not good for people in pain as you know, so I would definitely recommend that you demand to have more help from your doctor so that you can some kind resolution on why your in so much pain ๐Ÿ˜ข

1 like

Aw that's terrible for you ๐Ÿ˜“ was it caused by anything particular if you don't mind me asking? I will do I just suffer with confidence when asking for specific things ๐Ÿ˜” I will try my hardest though I have a phone call appointment for some results coming up I could talk about it then. X

1 like

No, my condition is mystery as I'm only 35 an it's usually a condition that would affect someone who may be a bit older (wear and tear) but it's caused other problems aswell, and yeah it does mess with your head so if you need to talk your always welcome to look me up I just hope I haven't said anything to make you panic like I said we're all different x

2 likes

Aw thank you, yes feeling pretty miserable today as it's completely gone and so painful. I'm only just coming up 31 so young like you. I couldn't get a same day appt, they wanted to send me somewhere that wasn't feesable to get to! Have do far taken naproxen and tramodol and using hot water bottles. I try the pyisgological approach that my physio said but how can you ignore pain?! How do you carry on day by day if you don't mind me asking. I'm running out of steam. X

1 like

Hey, sorry took long to reply, throw positive thinking approach it's a load of ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ I just go day by day today I feel how your feeling by the sounds of it, you can't ignore pain that is a load of ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ yo have to do what works best for you but don't push people away coz you'll perhaps need them and like I said you can come on here chat to me or there is loads of people on here ๐Ÿ˜

2 likes

No worries X I feel helpless and worthless tbh. My closest sister to me has seen me once. That's life though isn't it. Thank you so much and the same to you. I no I am miserable atm but here for you and anyone else. X

2 likes

Hey kat, listen I have been to hell and back with my health issues so if any time you wanna talk I'm here, it's so frustrating when people say they know how you feel and they haven't got a clue, chronic pain can be a lonely world, so I'm here if you need x

2 likes

Thank you so much ๐Ÿงก my son has gone swimming and spending the day with his dad (were not together) have taken painkillers and tried a bath. Am pleased he's out. I live on top floor of flats with no lift so stuck until the pain has eased to a copable level. Hope your Saturday goes ok. X

1 like

Ur welcome, I was jus thinking about you can't get an appointment from doctors, I don't where you are, but what I usually do is fone first thing when ur surgery opens cos sometimes they do open slots anyway try to have a good day keep messaging me if you like, it's better to talk to someone who knows what you're talking about xx๐Ÿ˜œ

1 like

I'm in Yorkshire, back pain falls under same day care but when I rang on the Friday they wanted me to go to other side of the city which I couldn't physically do it so she said ring Tuesday morning for 8:00 slots. Which I will do straight away. What else do you do when your fighting with the pain. Takes ages to get comfy on sofa and I get a bit bored. Spend alot of time thinking which isn't good atm lol. X

1 like

Snap!!!! I'm in Yorkshire too!! I think you should change doctors they sound a bit shit, when I'm fighting pain sometimes I find stuff to preocupie myself, when it's really bad you jus have to ride it till it passes. About the sofa I bought a batwing cushion (I'm not kidding) and it can make you a bit more comfortable xx

1 like

Brilliant ๐Ÿ˜ do you ask at a different surgery to register there instead? Will they ask why? Ah great I will have a look on eBay and suchlike,try anything. Iv just started decoupage so keeping busy looking on Pinterest lol. X

1 like

You can change doctors at any time and you don't have to give a reason, I know you used to be do it online but I'm not sure if you can still do it that way

1 like

No you have to ask office people to do it and still me armed with various id lol. Still in pain and feeling quite miffed of now. Haven't taken any naproxen or tramadol today as I think iv been hammering it too much?! God this is crap I can't do any washing or cleaning at least. X

1 like

I. D bit I knew of, but I thought you could do it online soz, if need to take the meds take em, ain't no shame being in pain, I used to be the same, but I needed them so had to be done, your not taking them for the sake of it so if you need en take em xx

1 like

You could do at first but now they've made it so difficult to actually do it online you have to go into the reception ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I will do if it gets too much. Have a meeting at my son's school tomorrow so will have to try and wash my hair and look presentable lol. X

1 like

That's people committing I. D fraud, arseholes, ๐Ÿ˜‚

I managed to get a call back but Dr said just self refer to physio so that's another few months untill I see someone ๐Ÿ™„ went to pick up my son's trousers and found walking painful. I don't think they get it at all. X

Have you got a walking stick ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello again can I jus ask if you have any family around or close friends for support if you don't want to answer that it's fine x

Nope. No my sister lives on other side of city and has her own health issues. My other one have fallen out with. I have a meeting at the school in a bit so have taken some painkillers and hopefully my son's gran will pick us up. I sound like a right misreable person! Thank you for your replies btw. X

I don't know what btw means, anyway your fine, you can always chat with me, my back's been bad for a while now so I know how you're feeling to an extent, and don't you just wish you could choose your family ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Btw means btw. Do you have good support? Yes I do. I have 3 sisters and talk to one! Things haven't been great I had break down a few years ago and some people don't let you forget! Thank you same to you, do you have little ones aswell? I really wanted to wear comfy leggings today but thought best not for a meeting ๐Ÿคงiv compromised and worn jeggings instead. Slightly uncomfortable. X

Yeah I've got support from a few, shame on those who won't move on you were unwell, joggers are the best way forward ๐Ÿ˜

Hi Kat, jus seeing how your doing, did the meeting at the school go ok x

1 like

Yeah sorry it was a tough evening but the meeting went great thank you so much. Just resting my back untill school pick up. How are you getting on? X

1 like

I don't feel to good, my neck stiff like you wouldn't believe this is part of my life so I jus have to put and shut up xx

1 like

Sorry I was gonna say glad to hear that you're meeting went well x

1 like

โค๏ธ I no it's one thing after another isn't it ๐Ÿ˜“ deep heat roll on can take the edge of a tiny bit. Are you resting it. Xxx

Yeah I'm propped up o on my bed, it jus feels like the stiffness in my neck is not easing up, I've got a bit of stiffness in my neck coz my back but this is on a next level!!

Is any area round your neck swollen or feels like it is on the shoulder? (Shoulders). I completely understand the pain and having both back and neck is just a whole new misreable way of life ๐Ÿ˜ž have you Netflix. X

Part of my neck is swollen and it's a crunching sensation when I tilt my head back, it's fucking miserable living like this sorry for swearing x

Aw yes sounds very familiar! I got myself in to some right states about the pain X don't be sorry for swearing! Swear away. Am here too for a chat I no watching TV is even shite when the pain levels are unbearable. Xxx

I've got a load of box sets but even that's shite I'm gonna lean to knit or summat ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

I tried it and it's good just forgotten it again. Do you read books iv found the Amazon Kindle handy. Pin alot of hopeful makes on Pinterest aswell lol. Xxx

1 like

I do read now and again but I get bored easily so I'm working my way through greys anatomy at the mo and I love it (I know I'm sad) xx

1 like

Yeah I have multiple books on the go but do love it when you get sucked in by a good un lol I've never actually read them are they as good as the hype claimed? Last good read was Elizabeth is missing. X

1 like

No I'm watching the series, but if u like a good read look out for little girls lost it will have you on the edge of your seat I'm not a big reader I finished it within 3 days I was hooked xx

1 like

Ooh thank you will have a look. How's your neck? Do you watch Bake off? X

1 like

My neck still feels stiff, you know what I used to love baking but I've never seen bake off xx

1 like

๐Ÿคง me too! Saved money making own puddings! Oh my gosh you will love it! It's always got people with different abilities so can be a good watch. X

1 like

Oh, I put so much weight on,but I have a love for baking so even I don't understand how I've never watched it xx

Me too for the wieght X it's only into the second episode this week so your not too far behind. How do you get your shopping etc if you don't mind me asking. I'm running low and have to get what I can manage today it's frustrating as I can't afford to do online shop all the time ๐Ÿ˜ž xxx

1 like

Hey, shopping wise I do myself with the help of my mum, we live together anyway. We both have a health problems so we help each other where we can, and we get taxis to drop us here and there xx

1 like

That's good you both can support each other ๐Ÿงก xxx

1 like

How is your neck pain today. X

1 like

Thanks, my neck pain is still quite bad, I was supposed to go to the doctors tomorrow but I don't like the doctor and I'd perhaps hurt myself more when I punch him ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Aw no ๐Ÿ™ can you change drs? It's not good feeling like that. Mind you most of them are just the same! I no it's difficult to go but you will need your neck checking out X Iv been better just usual pain and aches. Have been using lots of heat rub! Xx

Hi sorry about the long response, my phone only makes noise when it feels like it, anyway my usual doctor is away so the other one I'm supposed to I don't like him he's an absolute dick (sorry) he's about 12 an I don't think he can read, so I cancelled the appointment xx if your in bed sorry ๐Ÿคฌ

Aw no that's awful for you. Can you make another one for your usual Dr X don't be sorry mine doesn't make a noise just have to keep checking my email lol. Need to change my bin and take rubbish out wish me luck I don't take my back with it lol. How are you today? It's getting colder now ๐Ÿ‘€ xxx

1 like

Im going to make an appointment with my usual doctor when he gets back, good luck with the rubbish, I'm going out in a bit, wish me luck and for the general public coz they will need it!!! don't get in my Way ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฌ

Aw great. How's the neck today? Lol I got it into the bin yay ๐Ÿฅณ hope your outing went ok. X

1 like

How have you been feeling today xx

NY neck is no to bad today, a bit stiff but doing alright, glad you got your bin out, how are feeling today xx

Rubbish tbh. Alot of stress and sore. Get fed up with it. I'm sure I have another wasps nest in my attic to ๐Ÿคง๐Ÿ˜ž x

1 like

Hi, sorry its long replying I was at a friend's, are you OK xx

Don't be sorry! It's just the normal pain getting on top of me. Never ending isn't it. I think il have to ask about some stronger medication. My son is going through a tough time and it's quite stressful at time's it feels relentless. X

1 like

Good morning, how you feeling today, how's your son, if you think you need stronger medicine then you should look into it, when I first started taking stronger tablets it was a bit overwhelming at first but I needed them so I had to get over myself and start popping pills, they don't take the pain away completely but it can be manageable xx

1 like

Just tired today and usual pain. He's just not wanting to go to school and can be a bit stressful in the morning. It's Friday so he'll be more chilled out tonight. How's your neck getting on any let up with the stiffness? I will ask about medication on my phone call appointment. X

1 like

Yep, neck is still stiff an i keep shooting pains, but I'm doing OK thanks, when you speak to your doctor don't let em give you any bullshit your in pain an it's you living with it, I hope things improve with your boy xx

Thank you so much X that sounds terrible for you ๐Ÿ˜“ xxc

1 like

Your welcome, did you speak to your doctor today xx

No it's not until the 16th sep ๐Ÿ˜ž x

1 like

That's not good, before you have that appointment write down what a list of all your problems, side effects, and how it's effecting you, and discus medication so then you won't forget anything and remember don't take no bullshit ๐Ÿ˜ญ xx

1 like

Thank you will write it down today so I don't forget. Thank you so much for your advice. X

1 like

No problem xx

Hey, hope you're well, haven't spoken for a few days, how are you doing, is everything alright with your son xx

1 like

Hiya, still stressful and still sore. On one finger the top is numb. Don't no wether that's to do with the nerves? Hope your ok? Had heater on full blast today ๐Ÿ˜‚ bit chilly here. Xxx

I'm not bad thanks, I'm still having problems with my neck I re-made my appointment with the doctors, can you believe I cancelled the appointment because I don't like him and now the new one is with the same doctor who I was having a rant about, the one that can't read!!! That could only happen to me xx

Oh my gosh ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ are you going to go to it though? Your neck definitely needs checking out now ๐Ÿ˜ฐ is your mum going with you might be better if she's there if it helps you to feel stronger through the appt? Xxx

1 like

Im definitely going to that appointment, I've had enough of my neck,oh that little fool don't bother me I jus don't like his attitude xx

1 like

Good really pleased you are,when is your appt ๐Ÿ’ชits awful when they have a stinky attitude, shouldn't be a Dr if they can't be compassionate with people. Xxx

1 like

He's not even the worst doctor, there is another one an she's one of the worst bitch you will ever come across xx

That's terrible but I no what you mean I try and avoid certain drs lol. How are you feeling today? I no the anxiety of seeing the Dr will be high for you too. Xxx

1 like

I'm not that bothered about him, when I re-made my appointment I was first made an appointment with someone else I had to fone back cos I realised it was the bitch from hell, I would be glad to give her a punch and so would a lot of others ๐Ÿ˜‚, I do feel a bit shittey today but I'll be alright thanks, how are you feeling today xx

Aw I'm not surprised with pain and then having to try and get a good Dr ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ I'm ok thanks my sis brought me a loed of shopping which was very kind of her. Managed to do a clothes wash too. Just sat watching bake off with my hot water bottle lol

Xxx

1 like

Hey u, sorry I've been a bit sometimish with my replies my neck has flared back up and it's really throbbing to think I was going to cancel my appointment cos I thought I was getting better, that was really nice of your sister bringing some shopping sometimes family can surprise you in funny little ways xx

1 like

Don't ever be sorry!I no.how pain can take over and it's just impossible to do things. When is your app is it this week? Have you got some of that heat roll on? Xxx

1 like

My appointment is on Friday, for some reason I don't don't agree with heat rub or even the cold one, it jus makes my skin itch on some next level don't need to go through that right now I'm in pain from the neck down, I am starting to get a bit worried now, my neck doesn't feel right ๐Ÿ˜ข

Aw no I no it's quite intense. I wonder if it's the nerves? Have you used a hot water bottle on it I no it's a bit awkward. Is it just getting worse with the stiffness. If you wanted I have a tens machine that I don't use I can send it to you. I completely understand if you don't want to give out your address though but the offer is there. I don't wether you can do them collect and click things actually might be an idea. Hope your ok today? Well as ok as you can be. Xxx

1 like

You are so kind, it's like when I move my neck in certain positions it's like the muscle contracting and it hurts like a bitch my body goes into freeze motion and all of my body goes stiff and with my back pain as well, I think would like a tens machine again, I'm going to get back to you on that, anyway enough about me, how are you feeling today xx

That's awful for you. Your muscles are going into a spasm I no to well that it bloody hurts especially your head etc. Have you got enough pain killers. Yeah think about it honestly not a problem X I'm ok same old lol trying to take things a bit slow don't want to put my back out again. The only thing isn't it you think you have endured the worst and it always comes back. Xxx

1 like

Hi hope the dr's appointment goes ok for you today. Xxx

1 like

Thanks, I'll be setting off in a bit xx

1 like

Stay strong โ™ฅ๏ธ xxx

1 like

I'll be fine, I've had a coffee, a fag an a spliff, so I'm good to go!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ Xx

1 like

Your more organized than me this morning lol X xxx

1 like

I'm back, the appointment went well and I'm gunna start physio again soon xx

1 like

That's fab did Dr say what he thought was causing the pain for you?Do you have to self refer to the physio xxx

1 like

I'm not to sure if he even knows, but he was chatting about my muscles are tense and need to be relaxed, when he was examnaming me it hurt like a bitch!! at one point I nearly hit him, and he did everything for me booked my physio appointment job lot ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™‚๏ธ xx

1 like

It's hard to relax when your pain X hopefully physio will have more luck in helping ease the pain might send your for a scan. Aw brilliant hopefully it won't be a long wait for you. Iv not got an appt till November! Xxx

1 like

My doctor's surgery has now got physio on site so why appointment is in 2 weeks, so at least I don't have to trapes across to the other side of the city ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ in your case though I would look into putting your name forward incase of any cancellations but I know it's only a very few places that do that xx

1 like

That's really good it's on site so much more accessible for you. That's a good idea thank you will look into it on Monday. How are you feeling now? Xxx

1 like

I'm a bit sore coz he gave me a full examination touching me here and there but I'm used to it now so what can yer do xx

1 like

Sorry my head is all over the place today how have you been feeling today xx

Aw I can only imagine ๐Ÿ˜” sending you virtual hug. Not that it will make a difference!Don't apologize either please I'm ok just usual pain. Are you able to go for a deep tissue massage? I no it sounds crazy but to get the blood circulation going etc. I don't know whether it be contradiction with your health though. Xxx

I can't help it's, jus out of habit, mum's always saying if she had a pound for ever time I say that word she would be in the Caribbean lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't think that would be good for me but I'm still going to ask I'll try anything if it keeps me more comfy, I forgot to ask did you get those results that you were waiting for, if you've already told me(guess what word I'm thinking next) my tablets turn my head into mush so I have issue with my memory xx

1 like

Lol I think we could make a nice fortune ๐Ÿ˜‚ yeah even a light one maybe but no harm in asking X I hope it does give you some relief. Lol I'm getting a phonecall Mon to discuss the results. He said no damage to the spine so must be nerves then. Are you resting up today? Xxx

1 like

Yeah I'll be resting up today, everywhere the doctor touched or pressed is sore, but yeah last night it came to me that recently you were waiting for test results, I was gonna see if was gunna be on somewhere on our chats seemed a very long process xx hope it goes well for you on Mon, are you OK today xx

1 like

Aw bless you thanks me too I will let you know. Yeah just tired and the usual now popped out for a few bits earlier. Have had a few power cuts too! Not my Netflix going off. Watching the most cheesiest thing ever but want to find out what happens lol. Xxx

1 like

I have jus come back from town, I feel like bobar, power cuts at the weekend what's that about!!

1 like

Who's bobar lol X I no thankfully have had no more. Am pleased you got out. Xxx

1 like

I think it's spelt bobbar as in poo! I was in town again yesterday and when I got back I had a drink now I do feel crap, how are you feeling today is your son OK xx

1 like

Ah I see lol. Was it a good drink though sometimes we need it! I'm ok today thanks just been doing the washing etc. He's good thanks not keen on doing his homework though the monkey. Xxx

1 like

Yeah it was a good skinfull, now I jus feel messed up ๐Ÿ˜ญ

1 like

Aw ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿคง get a nice hot bath if you can and get snuggled up with feel good food X lol he just gives me that look of 'yeah right' IL save it for the week night. Xxx

1 like

He sounds fun!!! Yeah I've had dinner now I'm ready veg out in front of the TV and wait for the day to end xx

1 like

Yeah he's my little teapot โค๏ธ me too I am feeling zonked. Hope you sleep well and feel better in the morning. Xxx

Xx

Tell little man I'm part of the homework ๐Ÿ‘ฎ police and will have to come round and arrest him ๐Ÿ˜‚ xx

Hi

Hope you are able to be referred. I have different issues with my back cos of all my conditions. Anyway, I was diagnosed with spondylitis a few years ago but pain had been getting worse and down leg, I do have sciatica. I had an MRI scan which diagnosed degeneration of the facet joint. The consultant referred me to pain management who said they would refer me to another consultant who would hopefully give me injections. I've got other things going on but I think that's enough for now!! Please take care . Love and hugs Lynne xxxx

2 likes

Aw thank you for reply, it sounds like you spent alot of time in pain though to get the injections ๐Ÿฅบ so sorry for your pain I no each day can be different. I have a heated blanket I use (yes nuts atm but helps lol) I'm tired of the constant battle with it. Take care xxx

1 like

Thank you. My hubby bought me an electric back massager from Argos , it really does help. Love and hugs Lynne xxxx

1 like

Iv invested in alot of different things to help tbh I think the drs need to look more into it. Can't keep having this ruining my life now. X

1 like

Yes, I know what you mean. Take care Lynne

1 like

Hi there, if this pain is not going away he needs urgently seeing into , not just give tablets that are not helping , if it is nerve pain pregabilin or gabberpentin are helpful , but it needs sorting your GP should help you not just give tablets and think it's going away, good luck and I for one know what pain is.

1 like

Thank you X I just think they think if they throw tabs then that's it. Mostly they work but when it's gone that's me out of action for days and it's not good with a Child. I will press for more action next week. Thank you X sorry for your pain that your in. X

Hi kat , becaerful of naproxen if you have trouble with your stomach or bowels because I used it then short while after I had problems with my bowels and ended up ulcerative colitis x

1 like

Thank you I shall mention this to my Dr I new taking it all the time wasn't good usually your given something to take along side it? Sorry to hear you ended up worse off! X

You haven't been sent for physio?

Not until November. Didn't need to examine me either just told me to keep popping pills and self refer. Unless I can't control my bowel movements etc they don't give a poop. X

November is a bit of a wait, I hope the pills are helping until then.

I used to have a lot of bother with my neck etc and stretching helped a lot.

Hopefully when you get to the physio they will sort you out.

1 like

I no, I do stretching it's my back that's the issue now. I hope so too. X

1 like

Are the pills helping at all?

1 like

They take the edge of but when my back goes no it's incredibly painful and have to just wether the storm through it. X

You may also like...