Shoulder, woulda coulda.: Hi all, It's... - Pain Concern

Pain Concern

31,374 members10,227 posts

Shoulder, woulda coulda.

Alip123456 profile image
Alip123456

Hi all,

It's probably been queried here many times ... Every so often my left shoulder/collar bone/ neck ache (tip of shoulder moreso) it's usually find in the morning but come evening I can't raise my arm sidewards and slight movements can bring sharp pain. Paracetamol is keeping it bearable for the most part but I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me what it could be (I'm reluctant to go go). Many thanks in advance.

Ali

4 Replies

I had a shoulder inpingement and could not lift my arm outwards past nine o'clock

Min-Pain profile image
Min-Pain in reply to Min-Pain

Sorry and could only move it forward the same without horrible shooting pains.

I had 3 steroid injections in a year and was told could have no more and had to have an operation to mend it. I'm gllad i did as its been brand new since.

Could be impingement, might be ligaments etc. Might be worth looking at Shoulder Doc site as it's good at describing various conditions: shoulderdoc.co.uk

Talk to your GP about it if it's starting to be too regular for you?

I am suffering greatly at the moment with shoulder, neck and clavicle pain. Partly due to osteoarthritis in my cervical spine and partly due to a hypermobile clavicle.

I am in the process of getting investigated for this. I suggest, you too, should visit the doctor and start the ball rolling. I went for about a year with mini flare ups that were uncomfortable but resolved quickly. Now I have been 2 weeks unable to sit upright without neck support and with pain that nothing touches.

Get it investigated -yes?

Good luck

Dee

You may also like...