Vitamin D Results

Vitamin D Results

Hi,

I had my vitamin D level check 2 years ago, after experiencing pains and aches all over my body, and this sense of weakness in my bones. My vitamin D showed at 8 ng/ml. Which was very low, doctor prescribed me with high dosage of vitamin D and within a month i was feeling better.

2 years later i am experiencing the exact same aches & pains. So i got my vitamin D level check & the results show i have adequate vitamin D.. at 48 nmol/L. Which was quiet surprising, as i have not supplemented since then. What else could be causing general weakness around my muscles & bones :(

Thank you.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I don't think that is adequate for vit d. adequate just because you are a near enough 'adequate' its like a ft4 range of one extreme to the other. but somewhere in the middle is always adequate but at the lower end of range how can that be optimal- your scraping the barrel at that level, but that is just my opinion.

• Hello,

do you also suffer from cramp together with muscle weakness?

Magnesium is involved with over 300 metabolic processes in our bodies, leading to the mineral being called the ‘master mineral’. Its depletion can show very different symptoms in the body.

It seems to me it is worthwhile trying Magnesium oil. The absorption through the skin is much faster and efficient than taking tablets. Plus Magnesium oil is composed of Magnesium Chloride salts and they are much better absorbed. You can either buy the salts and dissolve it with distilled water (please follow a recipe bellow) or go to a health shop and buy a bottle of Magnesium oil spray. Its called oil but is not an oil, it is called like that due to its gooey or slippery feeling on skin, its simply salts dissolved in water. A bath is an alternative but will be more expensive and this need to be done regularly in the beginning.

I would use it on most of the body after shower, every day, for at least 2 weeks. Some people feel improvements immediately. Please avoid eyes and your private parts. to the face I usually spray on my hands and apply to forehead chin and cheeks. Please be aware that I will probably sting a little on the first times you apply but your body will get used to it.

Magnesium oil depletion is a big concern these days, please see a little more info:

"Deficiency of magnesium is widespread because many of us have lifestyle factors that actively deplete our magnesium levels such as lack of sleep, excess stress, or alcohol/caffeine/sugar consumption. On top of that, many natural sources of magnesium are becoming depleted (such as the soil due to over-farming and high pesticide use) and water filtration systems remove much of the naturally occurring magnesium in water.

The ocean is still a wonderful source of magnesium and trace minerals, but for those of us who don’t have daily access to a beach, transdermal magnesium oil can be the easiest and most effective way to increase magnesium levels." Wellness Mama

General info:

naturalsociety.com/16-magne...

info:

ancient-minerals.com/magnes...

Info+recipe to do at home: (I bought the Ancient Minerals and they are great!)

wellnessmama.com/5804/make-...

I have used it on me, recommend it to my patients and my mum as well. We both hear great feedback in general. It is impressive how many people I find with magnesium deficiency and don't know about it. Please give it a try, its not expensive and if it works you will definitely feel it!

Take care

J

• Could be arthritis

• I'm sorry you're feeling bad again. I can relate to the low Vitamin D levels. I dealt with it for many years, but now after years of taking Vitamin D, I have an issue with kidney stones. I often wonder why my body can't be normal! I wish you luck with your health. I'm wondering if you have had your thyroid checked?

• Besides the vitamin D bloods, did you get your vitamin B12 and any thyroid bloods done e1296 ?

vitamindcouncil.com

(for up to date safe doses and levels of vitamin D which will be different to those of NHS.)

If I went by NHS vitamin D blood levels I would still have vitamin D presenting pains and stiffness.

• Hi, my b12 level is 684 pmol/L. Thyroid results seem to be in the lower side of the normal range.

• Just worked out your vitamin D result on www.vitamindcouncil and my calculations make you deficient, but please double check it out yourself.

Did you feel back to normal when you were on enough vitamin D3 before ?

You also mention muscle weakness around muscles and bones and your Thyroid being low. Do you know your exact thyroid results ? Doctors often say your Thyroids are 'normal' when often people still have thyroid presenting symptoms and are far from 'normal'

Idea only- If you don't already know your thyroid results ask at your Doctors for a printout of any bloods done and their ranges and pop them up on Thyroid UK here on HU to check there isn't a thyroid problem.

You may also like...