My Ovacome
10,752 members13,072 posts

Steph, Juliet's Daughter here - Bad news :(

Steph, Juliet's Daughter here - Bad news :(

Hi all,

This is Steph, Juliet's daughter. I am so sorry to say that my Mam lost her long battle with Ovarian Cancer yesterday. She had spent 3 weeks in hospital, going downhill very quickly. She fell asleep at 5am on 26th December, and didn't wake up again. She took her last breath yesterday afternoon, 27th December, surrounded by myself, my brother, her partner Tom, close brothers and their wives, my aunt and my cousin, and 2 of her closest lifelong friends.

She was much loved, and was a wonderful, funny, loyal, warm person. This photo of her was taken just 5 weeks ago, and sums up all that she was.

I can't express to you all how much this support group meant to her. She found such great support from all the friendships she made in this group.

Her funeral will be held in Dublin on Saturday morning, details are as follows. rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=340667...

51 Replies
oldestnewest

So sorry to hear this, Steph. Best wishes to you and all Juliet's family and friends.

Bless your beautiful mammy. May she sleep peacefully in the most wonderful country in the world.

Kryssy xxxxxx

2 likes

I'm so sorry and send my condolences to you and your family. Thank you for letting us know. May this lovely lady rest in peace xxx

1 like

Love to you and the family. So sad to hear this.

Love Maureen

Thank you so much for thinking of us when your loss is so raw. May Juliet rest peacefully and you all find comfort that her suffering from this horrid disease is over. She was an inspiration to us all. Jo 🌻🌺🌼🌹🌸

1 like

My condolences to you and your family ❤️❤️❤️

I’m so sorry to read this sending you love and condolences. Juliet will be so missed by us all

LA xx

1 like

What a beautiful photo of your Mom! She exudes warmth & verve. I am so sorry for your loss.

Valerie

So sorry for your loss xxx

So sad to read this. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. it's a great photo of her.

Best wishes to you and all her family.

Helen

I’m so, so sorry to hear this, Steph. My thoughts are with you and your family xxx

So sad to read this, Steph - I never met your mum but we shared a lot on Facebook Messenger - it was a privilege to accompany her through these difficult weeks and see what wonderful spirit she had even near to the end. She was always encouraging and interested in others. It's hard to see that my messages have now gone quiet, but I'm not going to delete them! I will always remember her advice to enjoy a glass of red when you can! My condolences to all your family. Christine x

2 likes

I am very sorry to hear this news. Your mum was a lovely member of this group and offered much input. Sad sad news. Xxx

2 likes

So sorry to hear this sad news . You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers . Your mum was an inspiration and will be missed by many .

Love Kim x 💜

1 like

So sorry to read of your loss , your mum was such an amazing person and my family's condolences are with you at this awful time .

2 likes

Oh Steph, I'm so sorry to read that your lovely Mam has passed away. What a sad time for you. You must miss her so much. It's nice to read that she had so many friends and family around her when she died. I'm sending my love and sympathy to you all, Solange xx

2 likes

So sorry xo

2 likes

Steph, I am so very sorry and send my deepest condolences to you and all your Mam's loved ones.

1 like

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you all.may your memories of your lovely mum keep your strong.xx

1 like

Sad, sad news. 💕💕

1 like

Very sad to read this news this morning

Much love to you all

Judy xx

1 like

Sorry to hear this. May she rest in eternal peace.

1 like

Another teal sister has got her wings. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

1 like

I wish you and all those who feel the loss of your mam many kind wishes of condolence. It is awful to lose a mother and I hope in time memories of her in life will be a comfort to you.

All the very best, Netti xx

2 likes

So sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time .xxx

1 like

Such a brave and courageous lady, she will be missed . Sending love and hugs at this very sad time. Xx

1 like

So very very sad. Sleep tight lovely lady.

Heartfelt condolences to all the family.

Xxxxx

1 like

Dear Steph

So very sad and sorry to read this news. Sending you love at this terrible time, your Mam will be very much missed, she was a lovely and kind person. Sophia xxx

1 like

So so sorry to hear about the loss of your lovely mam. She will R.I.P. no pain, no suffering.

Sincere condolences to you Steph and family and friends. xxx

1 like

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family xx

1 like

So sorry to read this.... sending love to Juliet’s family and friends xx

1 like

May you’re beautiful mam rest in peace and fly high with the angels. Xx

1 like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you come to terms with the loss of your beloved Mum. May she rest in peace. Xx

1 like

So sorry for your loss Pam x

1 like

Hi Steph. So very saddened by this news..... Sending love and best wishes to family and friends. God Bless xx Kathy - Rest in Peace Juliet, you will be sorely missed xx

2 likes

So very sorry to hear your sad news, what a dreadful Christmas you must have all had. With deepest sympathy, Jo xx

1 like

So sorry to read your sad news Steph. You are in my thoughts and I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow...

1 like

So sorry to hear your news. You are in my thoughts and prayers, may your dear Mum rest in peace. X

1 like

So very sorry for your loss, love to you and all your family. Thank you for letting us know ❤️ xx Jane

1 like

Ah Steph. My heart goes out to you losing your lovely Mam. I'm sure it will have helped your Mam's last days knowing she was surrounded by such love. Praying for strength and peace for all who loved her. Xx

1 like

So sorry on your sad news. Prayers and thoughts with you and your family xx

1 like

Sending my sincerest sympathy to you and your family, Steph. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Judyved

1 like

Steph - so very to see this. Deepest condolences to you and all who loved her.

1 like

So sad to hear of Juliets passing

Condolences and love to all her family and friends

She will be greatly missed x

1 like

Really sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family xx

1 like

I am so sorry to hear this news! It is so very sad! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Kim xx

1 like

I am so sorry to read this but am also grateful that this forum was helpful to your mum and that she was also able to help us all in return, Sending my very best wishes.

1 like

🙏🙏🙏🙏😢😢😢😢

1 like

So sorry for your loss, May she rest in peace.

1 like

Dear Steph I am so sorry for your loss. I didn’t know Juliet but remember her posts, a lovely lady who fought this cruel disease to the end. That is a beautiful photo you put up. It must have been a great comfort to her to have such a loving, supportive family & friends around her. With love

Madeline.

1 like

I am so sorry to read this. May your Mum be at peace at last. God bless xxx

1 like

You may also like...