My oncologist has again put off my surgery and now says he's not sure when we will be able to do it at all. He says unless we find a chemo that will take the ascites down, he will have a hard time during the surgery to get everything like he wants to. I have had 7 or 8 rounds of taxol/carboplatin which did nothing for the ascites, and not much for my CA125 levels (started at 9800 and now climbing back up to 3600 from 3300). I was finally switched to doxil this last visit, hopefully that will start to make a difference. I just wonder if anyone else had surgery despite the ascites or if it is standard to wait for the ascites to go away before surgery.