Um... I'm new to this site, and I only joined because I need answers to this one question.
Let me start with what makes me think I have OCD :
1) When I am walking down the street, I feel like I have to touch every third lamp post. If I don't I feel really agitated, or I feel like I've let myself down. (( The hallways in my school are like big bricks and I have to touch every third brick, but only the ones level to my hip. ))
2) Another one about walking down the street, or even in the supermarket or at school, I have to walk on the cracks. That probably sounded weird, let me explain. If I put my foot down on the ground without it being on a line or a crack, I feel really anxious for no reason, and sometimes I feel like something bad will happen as a result of not stepping on that crack.
3) When I am writing, my capital letters must take up exactly half of the height of the line. So if I was using paper with 1 cm lines, my capital letters half to be 5 mm's tall. My small letters have to be 2-3 mm's. I sometimes measure my handwriting with a ruler to make sure it's exact. (( I get a lot of people staring at me because of 1, 2, and 3. ))
4) You may have noticed my typing. Most sites only show it in the preview, and when you submit your post, it's been changed. But I have to have a certain amount of spaces between the margin, and the start of my sentience, depending what it's purpose is. When I said "Um... I'm new to this site, and I only joined because I need answers to this one question. " and " Let me start with what makes me think I have OCD.", I had exactly 5 spaces between the margin and the sentience. At the start of each of my points, I have to have 10. Also I can only use double brackets (( Like this. )) .
5) I have to spell all words correctly, and use proper grammar, punctuation, no short hand typing. If I see someone use short hand in a text I will not reply as I am to scared of saying something that they will take the wrong way, even though I just want to tell them to write properly.
6) My room has to be in order, everything in place. But it's very hard for me to keep it this way as I share a room with my two younger sisters. I feel very ashamed of it (( And I can assure you I don't do it anymore!! )) but if I came home to a messy room, I would make my sister clean it, and shout nasty things at her. Now, when I still come home to a messy room everyday, I make them both get out while I clean it myself.
7) The volume on my TV or phone must be at exactly 15, 30, or 60. On my laptop, it must be 2, 5, 20, 50, 75, or 100. (( The brightness on my Laptop must be 5 if I'm in the dark, or 100 if I'm in the light. On my phone I must have it at exactly 0 or 100. ))
8) I heard people with OCD are likely to have a liking for lists. ... I love lists.
I think I could be bipolar because :
1) I will go through about two weeks of feeling depressed, lonely, etc. Then for about a week, I will be extremely happy, optimistic, but the slightest thing will bring my mood crashing down.
2) A lot of the time, I have really nasty thoughts about the people around me and I hate myself for it. I even think of murder plans... but I'm obviously to scared to carry them out.
3) I get a lot of bad mood swings, were I literally lock myself in my room and only come out for food or school. Then while I'm at school, I don't talk to anyone.
I'm not sure about : `
1) I try my hardest not to get involved in anything social, I've quit all my school clubs, I quit my Teak Won Do lessons, I don't go out with my friends anymore, and if someone talks to me, I ill answer in a super quiet voice, no matter who much I try to speak louder. Also, all my teachers think if they make me speak in front of the whole class it will help my confidence. It doesn't. I almost cry every time.
2) I'm always really scarred of leaving my house. I always either hide a sharpened pencil on the inside of my jacket, or make sure I'm wearing my steel caps boots. I have this believe that everyone around me are actually actors, or that they aren't who they say they are, or I'm the only one who isn't in on the plan.
3) I can sometimes feel a hand on my shoulder, and not always a gentle one. Most of the time it just rests there, other times it pushes me down, as if it's trying to push me to the ground.
4) I always feel like I'm being followed and watched. No matter where I am, if I'm alone in my bedroom, or locked in a bathroom stall at school, or in a changing room at the pool.
5) I believe that other people can read my mind. Even though I still believe that they are just clones, I kinda feel like I could be a test subject or something, and there monitoring my thoughts or something.
6) I think all people online are just robots or computers.
7) I don't believe in celebrities. I think they are just something the government uses to distracts us from something bigger.
So, can you tell me what you think??