Good news for a change: Been and seen my... - NRAS

NRAS

31,613 members38,378 posts

Good news for a change

Jackadoodle profile image
Jackadoodle

Been and seen my rheumatologist consultant today, after over 2 years on Methotexrate 20mg Alondronic acid and other medications for rheumatoid arthritis the progress made enables me to to reduce Methotexrate from 20mg to 10mg and alandronic acid not to take any more. Next visit in 6 months so will see how I get on.

So sometimes there is light at the end of the tunnel and a bit of progress for a change as I know we all suffer to one degree and another, for someone just starting on MTX it gives hope.

13 Replies

Fabulous!!!!

Good news👍

Awesome! A great time of year for feeling better. Great to see some are benefiting from MTX.

Great stuff 👍

Great news! Really happy for you x Rie

Great news! 😁

Thanks for sharing the good news - hope indeed!

Ali

That is good news! It's what we're all aiming for so pleased you can share it. Just one thing though, don't be too disappointed if you can't come off all your meds. Some have thought that they can only to have to restart their meds, albeit at low dose, to remain in medically induced remission. That said it's better than dodging flares isn't it?! 🙂

That good news indeed,well done.xxx

FAB enjoy this. Agree with nomoreheels, dont get down if things dont quite go to plan, but it has to be tried I would say though.

Great new!! This is what we are looking for. I was about the same, my rheumy started to reduce mtx after about 2 years from 20 mg to 15 mg, then slowly I am on 7.5 mg now.

We are all different. Below are my own experience to share.

healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

Amy

Hi there! This is great news, do you mind me asking how old you are?

Thrilled for you x

J

You may also like...