My names Kristy, I'm 21year old and i was diagnosed with JIA at age 6 in my knees and hips, been in and out of remission since then. Usually my episodes only last 6 months or so, and I have no pain at all just noticeable swelling.. but this time has been very different, it's now affecting my right elbow. I'm unable to straighten my arm nor touch my shoulder, I can't hold an thing heavier 1kg in my right hand - I can't even shake my deodorant can!
I've been seeing my doctor and rheumatologist for the past 8 months, they attempted to treat me using
- meloxicam 15mg, but this unsuccessful
- Naproxen 1000mg, some pain relief but unsuccessful anti-inflammatory
- Sulfasalazine 500mg, worked every other time but not this time
- prednisolone 25mg, things started feeling better for about 2 weeks then it just stopped working
- cortisone guided injection on March 10th 2017 , after 1 week I had more mobility and the pain decreased significantly by week 4 pain came back and mobility was wore.
It has also been brought to my attention that I now have pain in my jaw, not sure if that's linked but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
I have another appointment with my rheumatologist comming up.
I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions on treatment?
Also what do you recommend I use for pain relief? I'm finding it quite difficult to reduced the pain, I'm barley sleeping because of it.
Thankyou to everyone how took the time to give this a read, I wish you all the very best!