No Smoking Day
3,035 members31,626 posts

HELP, HELP!

Dear Friends,

Yesterday it was my 3rd month without smoking. THREE MONTHS! Fantastic, no?

BUT it seems that I am back in the first days: the cravings for smoking are worse than ever, I even bought cinnamon sticks to pretend that I have a cigarette in my hand. Truly HORRIBLE.

I say to myself that I should feel proud, but I don't feel anything, except the craving to smoke. I can't concentrate -- nothing. It is, as I said, as if I am in day 2...

Can someone please help me? Please....?

Thank you and all the best,

ana luisa

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey anaamaral - what you are experiencing is perfectly normal and known as 'the blahs' or 'the Icky 3's' - see pinned post below (have a look through other pinned posts there as some helpful ones there)

healthunlocked.com/nosmokin...***the-icky-threes***

You are doing great and I promise, things will get better, wishing you strength :)

Thank you, Roisin01. I do hope it doesn't last long, as I am so tempted to give up... I'll try not to, I can't.

Yes this is very normal. I call it the terrible 3’s. I had them at 3, 6,and 9 months and I get so mad too. It’s like why???? They will pass. Don’t let it win. It’s not worth it. Better days are ahead:)

1 like

Thank you, KathieO!

Nonono! Once you get over this hump you will be amazed at how much easier it gets!!!!

1 like

Welcome to our community Squeela112 - how long have you stopped smoking? Maybe create an introductory post and share your story if you wish :)

Thank you, Squeela112! I resisted!

How is things now anaamaral ?

A little better, thank you, Roisin! I did it, I survived those horrible cravings!

I am not able to write yet, but I feel confident that it will come. And I feel proud for having resisted!

Many thanks many!

ana

1 like

Ah, good to read Ana :)

3 months now anaamaral - you should be so proud of yourself :)

Thank you, Roisin01!!!

1 like

100 days today anaamaral - congrats :)

You may also like...