No Smoking Day
2,630 members31,352 posts

19 Day's Snoke Free

19 Day's Snoke Free

I couldn't be happier I have taken up running because I want to get healthy and I never could run because I smoked. Prior to me smoking I used to be a long distance Runner I always told my husband I wanted to run a marathon he laughed. Now I'm training for 5K this summer. Last week I could only run around the track 3 times today I ran around the track 5 times and listen deep breath and a walk in between I managed to run another five times around the track I am so happy right now and out of breath LOL but I did want to share that. I never thought that this would be possible for me but now I'm realizing anything is possible if you work hard and you put your mind to it!!!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

That's amazing well done!! Keep it up and you'll be running that marathon 🏃‍♀️ I'm running London marathon in April x

3 likes

Thabks for the encouragement

Amazing well done to you as well Atta1!!!

2 likes

Great perspective. Just keep at it and your endurance keeps increasing.

Good weekend to all.

2 likes

Sounds like you have great motivation and mindset. Keep up the great work and stay in touch.☺

2 likes

This IS multifull Lexree!!! I did a 10 min walk yesterday too lol. Am very proud of you!!! Will be following your progress. Wanted to start a support encourangement thread for others who want to start exercising/lose weight from quit too. Boom! There was your post. Really a great thing you are doing for you. Same time you are inspiring me...& others am sure!

1 like

I totally agree being 21 days smoke-free feels absolutely amazing I have to say that my exercising and running have helped me immensely. I'm at the part right now we're it's all willpower Mind Over Matter!! I'm so glad that I have this site and don't feel like I'm the only one that suffers from this terrible addiction-monster and that is fighting to be smoke-free

Congrats on the motivation to exercise! It really helps. I was hard core in the gym my first 4 months in my quit and it helped me more than I realize. I was so in shape, and my running was so easy. I wish I could get to the gym again, but I've been putting other things as priority. Lately I've been itching to just go run. There's a Color Run coming up in April and it's a 5k. I am going to sign up for it and see how well I do. I should probably train like you, but it's more fun than anything. They squirt paint on ya before you run and it just looks like a hoot. Either way, man, freedom from the smokes has so many awesome opportunities. I think it is awesome that you are wanting to run a marathon. I used to think people were nuts to want to just run for fun but then I quit smoking and finally understood how fun it is when you aren't grasping for breath a few minutes after running from the dreadful smokes.

Good luck!

2 likes

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement it means a lot. I was thinking about doing the 5K for walk or run to quit smoking but I don't think that is until the fall I wanted to do something a little sooner than that. So it looks like I might actually register for the Color Run I'm definitely going to look into it as of today I am 21 days smoke-free and I feel great still having the cravings a little on the moody side. But as for the withdrawals from smoking I'm so happy that is over and I'm starting to feel like a non-smoker. Best feeling in the world to know I don't smell like cigarettes, it didn't matter how much I wash my hands but they always smell like smoke today they don't. It will be nice when the weather gets a little nicer out so I will be able to run an exercise which I find really helps. Hope to see you at the finish line....

You may also like...