No Smoking Day
2,564 members31,303 posts

34 weeks!

Can hardly believe it!

I love that a cigarette isn't the first thing I want when I get up or the last thing before going to bed. I love that when the weather is awful I don't have to go out because I must get my packet of cigs. I love that my clothes don't smell. I love that I don't smell. I love that my hair smells clean and fresh. I love that I don't have to rush back from work so I can light up. I love that when I give a little cough, it is just that, without that smokers crackle that always gives away a smoker.

Do I still miss that heady feeling of the first drag after a long gap - I was about to say yes I do - but, you know what, no I don't think I do. Do I miss that chunk of cash going out of my account each month - a resounding No.

So, hard as it has been - and I'm certainly not complacent - it has been worth it. I'll continue the fight.

Stick with it, everyone. Please believe me (and I know it's difficult) when I say it does get easier. If you are struggling to get through hour by hour, you won't always feel that way. I promise.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

That's great Chickweed and just what I'm aiming for.

You've proved it can be done and the benefits speak for themselves.

Keep going and don't look back.

Well done. x

Well done Chickweed and thank you for a very encouraging post for us behind you, keep going strong:)

You may also like...