No Smoking Day
2,564 members31,303 posts

Hey guys, non-smoking since Nov '13!

And the best of luck to any considering quitting!

Apparently I don't snore so much now (says the wife) and it's certainly a relief to breath easily and not cough up "stuff" every morning!

I felt a hell of a lot better after just one month (YMMV ofc!) and now I'm ready to enjoy the summer...

One down-side though, I can now smell and taste things, not actually a great thing in London :(

A small price to pay for better health!

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Love these kind of posts, so inspiring.

Well done, I,m sure you have had ups and downs, but you must feel great, I am in your shadow.

Just great:)

And the best of luck to any considering quitting!

Apparently I don't snore so much now (says the wife) and it's certainly a relief to breath easily and not cough up "stuff" every morning!

I felt a hell of a lot better after just one month (YMMV ofc!) and now I'm ready to enjoy the summer...

One down-side though, I can now smell and taste things, not actually a great thing in London :(

A small price to pay for better health!

That's fab, well done you!!

Lol, and you reminded me of Dave Allen talking about quitting with the smells thing

haha! Yeah, nice when they put on his old TV shows recently :)

Hi POS,

Many congratulations on your quit and a big welcome from me to the forum. :)

We have a 'November quitters group' you could join if you feel so inclined (they let me in even though I didn't quit until early December :D). Go to Quick Links and click on Social Groups if you want to know more.

Yes, sometimes recovering your sense of smell ain't all it's cracked up to be is it? ;)

You may also like...