Hello Day 2!

Morning all,

Work up in the night and the first thing on my mind was that I had not had a cigarette for over 24hrs. How sad is that!! I had my water bottle handy so took a glug of water and went back to sleep. Woke up without that heavy chest feeling this morning which was nice. Got a busy day - lots of travelling around so it's going to seem strange without being able to have a cig. Sure I'll survive. Good luck to everyone else on Day 2 today. WE CAN DO IT!!!! xx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, keep up the good work :)

• It's like the song

Making your mind up.

Great decision to quit, and huge congrats on your first 24 quit. Onwards and upwards.

• Morning all,

Work up in the night and the first thing on my mind was that I had not had a cigarette for over 24hrs. How sad is that!! I had my water bottle handy so took a glug of water and went back to sleep. Woke up without that heavy chest feeling this morning which was nice. Got a busy day - lots of travelling around so it's going to seem strange without being able to have a cig. Sure I'll survive. Good luck to everyone else on Day 2 today. WE CAN DO IT!!!! xx

Nope not sad at all, during the first week I think thinking about smoking and cigs is all consuming... It's on your mind 24 hours a day, good idea to keep busy, it helps keep your mind off of it ;)

• You are doing really well, I'm afraid thinking about it is something that goes away gradually, give it a couple of weeks and you'll suddenly realise that you've gone a whole hour without a single thought of a cig. Keep strong and keep taking those baby steps, trust me, you'll soon be ready to run ;)

• Just wanted to add my congratulations for making it through to Day Two Time. In fact, you're nearly at the end of Day Two so even more congratulations! Well done- you're doing great and should be very proud of yourself. :D

Don't think it is sad to be fixating on your quit at the moment. It's perfectly normal. :)

• Also wanted to say I thought of smoking morning day and night too:eek:

It's just a side effect I m afraid....not sad at all:)

It will pass gradually as time passes you will still think of them but not as often...:)

Keep writing down your reasons for quitting and how the horrible symptoms of smoking are getting better every day and your body is cleaning itself:)

You.ll get there in the end:)

You may also like...