quit since 1st nov

Still quit from nov 1st cant work out if thats 4 months or 5 , seem to have been in month 4 forever. been working my butt off recently doing an art diploma and was recently offered 2 uni places to do art degrees one at Camberwell the other more local at salford. if i choose Camberwell i hve to uproot myself and move to London exciting and terrifying at the same time... if i choose Salford i get to stay here safe ,secure... i cant decide what to do just yet any tips would be welcome.. I'm 56 years young and it just all feels wrong. I'm a bit old to play **** Wittington ... maybe.

mash x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Mash :)

So glad to see another fellow Nov Quitter doing so well. Huge congratulations on reaching your 5th month (by my calculation you're heading for 5 1/2 months I think) and for getting two offers of university places. What a splendid achievement!

As to which university you choose....I think if it was me I would make a pros & cons list for each of them and use that as a guide. Mind you, having said that, sometimes you just need to go with what your intuition is telling you and leap in with gay abandon. What I would say is that nothing can be as terrifying as quitting smoking was and if you can do that.....:)

• Congratulations

Hi Mash - congratulations on being offered places in 2 art courses - so exciting. :)

A big decision to decide which one to choose - it's so hard making choices like that. The "safer" option will of course be the cheaper one too, since you don't have to move, and that will bring with it a lot more freedom in that you won't have to worry as much about money.

Good luck with your decision

• Still quit from nov 1st cant work out if thats 4 months or 5 , seem to have been in month 4 forever. been working my butt off recently doing an art diploma and was recently offered 2 uni places to do art degrees one at Camberwell the other more local at salford. if i choose Camberwell i hve to uproot myself and move to London exciting and terrifying at the same time... if i choose Salford i get to stay here safe ,secure... i cant decide what to do just yet any tips would be welcome.. I'm 56 years young and it just all feels wrong. I'm a bit old to play **** Wittington ... maybe.

mash x

Amazing Mash well done, tips re what to do? Well I would say take a leap of faith, as u say you are 56 years YOUNG :), if u don't try you will always wonder and if it didn't work out u always have Salford to come back to.xx

• Thanks folks its a hard choice, a pro's and cons list is in the process. Whichever one i decide will be the right one ,and i still have an interview at Brighton ...... I say be careful what you wish for ,you might just get it:D

Mash x

You may also like...