Got the monkey off me back, day 2!

Ok I survived 1st January smoke free. Had a roller coaster of emotions! First I'd cry because I will never light up again, next minute I was happy that I wouldn't have to light up again!

I had the day off work yesterday (being a public holiday) so I got through the day a little bit better. I kept myself occupied by going for a long walk, watching a movie, played Wii Sports with my partner. it wad good to spend time and get my mind off smoking!

I work in a very stressful environment so going to work would have been the worst thing! ...,today i have to work! :eek:

I have some NRT mints just in case if times get tough and lots of wrigleys chewing gum.

I already can't wait til this day ends so I can go on my long walk tonight!!

6 Replies

• well done thrillhouse

long walks got me through at the start and you know even now two years down the line if i get a situation of high stress that would normally have made me smoke then i go for a long walk as way of coping so i think i changed my mindset to use walking as my coping mechanism

stay strong

• also the title of your thread made me laugh because my kids play and jump on my back and i pretend they arnt on there and mess about and say to there dad 'is there a monkey on my back' and they are laughing there little heads off

• Hi Boo :)

I am really looking forward to getting to that point where you're at!

I've had a beaut brain wave. I've decided every time I would normally buy a packet of cigarettes I transfer the money into a saver account! Time to watch it grow!

I've had 2 NRT mints today... They've helped the cravings subside slightly. I don't have a stress ball at work but I do find myself ripping apart blu-tac :P

• It's been 44 hours. Had the worst shakes! Had some NRT mint. Only taken 3 mints today, I'll probably end up squeezing one more in though!

My sense of smell suddenly came back. I could smell the food really strong as I'd walk past restaurants. Sitting on the train ride home, some old guy was sitting 12 feet away. I could smell the banana he was eating! I could also smell the seat so had to move the smell was too strong!

So I'd thought I'd be cheeky and take my taste buds out for a spin. Stuck a piece of wrigleys gum in my mouth... HOLY HELL!! The taste was so strong my tongue was a little sore!

All these new smells and tastes I'm feeling like a dog :P:p

• 48 hours, 3 Lozenges, no cigarettes, walked 12 kms total .

I've been a jerk to everyone. For some reason I'm not making any apologies for it either.

• You're doing great Thrill

Just keep taking baby steps and you'll be weeks down the line before you even know it!! :)

Exercise is a perfect antidote.

(I know when I'm cycling smoking could not be further from my mind....and it's great :D)

Really hope you are enjoying your walks

Stay strong and keep going

Take care

You may also like...