Keep that guard up!

Just read Noreens post about suddenly smoking after 6 months, and had to say, I had one of those "bolt from the blue" cravings on Monday!

I've been going through a house buying process (never the least stressful!!), and had a meeting with the surveyor to go over some last minute worries.

As it turned out all was fine, I suddenly thought "Great stuff! The house is finally in the bag.. Now get back to town, buy a lunch and have a smoke to celebrate!"

Was shocking that I really had to fight this out of nowhere!

Thankfully it didn't last long, and I went for a run to clear the head after.. But just serves as a warning that it's still there!!

Good luck all!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Couldn't agree with you more, even after 8 months I still think 'I will just do this and then have a coffee and smoke':( Can't really say that I actually miss smoking but it does catch me off guard sometimes and I forget for a moment that I don't smoke anymore :D

• Phew - glad I'm not the only one having the wierd craves. I had quite a bad weekend of them - and without any particular triggers to set them off. Just sitting watching Jubilee stuff on TV and wham - crave upon crave upon crave crashing over me - not very pleasant at all. I feel strangely pleased to be back at work today...no craving so far today thank goodness!:D

• Interesting, I am coming up to 9 months in a few days and last weekend with the sun shining and the BBQ in full flow I had my first thought of smoking, I would not call in a craving, more like a memory of previous years. My mind was saying "wouldnt a smoke be nice right now".

I guess it is just the first time I have been a non-smoker in the summer sun, it has certainly put my guard up, especially with a holiday coming up at the end of June.

I hope everyone is well and staying strong.

Mark

• i had a shocker the other day after EIGHTEEN months not a craving but i picked up a pen and without even thinking about it i was holding it like a cigarette put it to my mouth and sucked it at that point i made myself jump that i had done this subconsciously and dropped the pen in shock i could not believe it had happened so naturally after all this time

always be on your guard i believe we are never non smokers we are ex- smokers/addicts and NOPE is the way to go

boo

• So glad its not just me..but I will see you all when I get to the penthouse

• i had a shocker the other day after EIGHTEEN months not a craving but i picked up a pen and without even thinking about it i was holding it like a cigarette put it to my mouth and sucked it at that point i made myself jump that i had done this subconsciously and dropped the pen in shock i could not believe it had happened so naturally after all this time

always be on your guard i believe we are never non smokers we are ex- smokers/addicts and NOPE is the way to go

boo

I do that sometimes!!!!!!

I mean hold a pen like a ciggy. It wasn't me who noticed it but my lass.

You may also like...