Day 11 is here

So last night was probably the toughest time so far. Went to the pub, had a few beers, then a curry, with much more beer. Found the cravings were really strong, no doubt due to the association of drinking/smoking.

Proud to say I came through it, although fully admit at some points I could quite easily have folded (very thankful for the smoking ban now! ;) )

So now I've managed my first pub visit, plus getting a tad drunk and not smoked, I know I can do it and it's not something to be avoided/scared of. I do think that it's important to stay on my guard though and not assume that as I've done it once then I've got it cracked!

Have a good weekend all. Almost at week 3 already!!! :D

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done did you find you drank more?, I drink much quicker now

• Well done delboy, I've slipped up a couple of times going to the pub on previous quits...and gone back to smoking full steam ahead. It's not easy but as you've proven it's possible. I find the trick is not to get absolutely trounced...as you have your wits about you....to be honest I can't get completely bladdered anymore as I have the most horrible hangover that last a few days where it did used to last a couple of hours the next morning. I am indeed a lightweight now. Congrats....this trigger will get easier and easier to deal with the more times you go out. Well, it has for me.

Keep on trucking.

Lisa x

• yeeeeehhhhhhhhh

well done Dellboy...I've had to avoid copious amounts of alcohol as I'm scared I'll topple off the wagon n shove a fag in my gob :eek:

• Yes well done - I personally am going to have to wait a while before I can risk any drinking as it is always the cause of me breaking my quits.

• Well done, but...

Glad that you survived, but I would also add my word of caution at this stage of your quit. You are still potentially quite vulnerable to following that well-trodden path!

Well done on getting this far though.

• Thanks for the messages people.

In answer to one of the questions, yes I noticed I was necking the pints far quicker than I used to. Which in turn led to me having a beast of a headache this morning!

Still plan to lay off the booze for the majority of the time, just to try and ease the process.

• Thanks for the messages people.

In answer to one of the questions, yes I noticed I was necking the pints far quicker than I used to. Which in turn led to me having a beast of a headache this morning!

Still plan to lay off the booze for the majority of the time, just to try and ease the process.

nice one......it's a bloody annoyance I felt like I was being punished twice...NO ALCOHOL and NO FAGS lol but it was the only way as the association was too strong :) If you read on this forum alcohol has been the downfall of many a quit :eek:

Michelle

• If it's any help before I went down the pub, I drank a few bevvies a few nights at home. I then didn't have two smoking triggers coming at me together....i.e. 1). being down the pub 2). drinking. I dealt with the drinking association at home and then only had to deal with the being in a pub atmosphere when I went out.

Lisa x

• Wow dellboy weldone :D that's a serious challange, i can imagine just how hard it must have been but to come through it is brilliant :D good job! xxx

• :) Well done dellboy. Keep on track.

Jacqui

Quit Date: 10.2.12

Fab Febbers

You may also like...