8 months down

Finally the penthouse is in sight... When I posted the 7th month marker, somebody unknowingly let me know that I "only" had 5 more months to go :eek: Now, while that is true, it made me realize that 7 months not smoked is not much greater than 5 remaining to not smoke, and that in fact I still had a long way to go!!!

But now, 4 months to go is only half of the 8 already done, and 4 months is only a quarter of the total amount required to get to the penthouse... :p

I hate all these numbers and milestones, but I must admit it helps keep things in perspective. Besides, once I've reached the penthouse doors, I fully intend to settle down there forever.

Alex.

23 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Doh!!!

Sian (Levs) will no doubt point out that I've got my dates all mixed up again... It will only be 8 months this coming Friday... I was reading the American date format again and thinking the "7" was for the 7th day of the month. And yeah, I do know it's not April... I'm date-challenged, what can I say? :D

Alex.

• Im there with you :)

Congrats to you. Im same quit as you. My 8th month is in 2 days and am feeling quite chuffed with myself just wish I had done this years ago.

Keep up the good work and see you again on here in a months time :D then we will only have 3 more to go :eek:

• congrats alex!! so great to hear your quit time..you are 1 month ahead of me so please save me some room in the penthouse because i will be there!!:D

• Congrats Alex! I quit on the 8th of the 9th and often celebrated the month milestone a day early on the 7th getting easily confused on the dates LOL

• Hi Alex, 8 months is brilliant! hope your going to celebrate :cool:

• Smoke free and lovin' it

OK, so today IS the day... I checked and double-checked...

But do I really have to celebrate? Oh, alright then... If you REALLY insist! :D:D:D

• Fantastic Alex! Great news :) you must feel so proud of yourself (as you should!)!!!

• Congratulations, Alex. You have definitely earned my seal of approval. :D

Well done you are now achieving what you set out to do, staying quit.

I hope you havent lost your sense of humour LOL

• I hope you havent lost your sense of humour LOL

Nah, not at all. Now I've practically beaten the Nicodemon, I can start addressing my other addictions:

Anger

Rage

Hate

Guilt

Jealousy

Fear

Envy

Grief

Perfectionism

Rigid thinking

Worrying

Repetition

Fantasy

Gambling

Crime

The Internet

Exercise

Work

Alcohol

Drugs

Caffeine

Food

Relationships

Love

Sex

Codependency

Groups

Power

Violence

I've probably forgotten a few...

Oh yeah, dry humour. I must stop that one before anyone takes me seriously, again :eek:

Alex.

• :D:DCould be worse you could have lost your sense of humour completely which I am sure you havent, have you.

But that wouldnt make you smoke again, go on tell me it wouldnt ;)

I think I have laughed more since I quit smoking, or is it hysteria :eek:

• Thanks very much to timetostop, Karri, im a quitter, LissaE, kitkat72, SLB, Helsbelles, jamangie, and everyone else who has helped me keep my sanity while quitting over the last eight months (although some might say I never had any sanity to lose in the first place, but ya know what I mean! :D)

In return, I wish you ALL a wonderful and happy smoke-free life, wherever you are in your quit!

Alex.

p.s. Jamangie, I hate to say this but I think in your case it probably is hysteria, but I promise not to tell anyone.

• Alex a big well done on 8 months really brilliant!!!!

I love reading your posts you say it as it is and are to the point I like that.

You will definitely make it to the penthouse hope I will be behind you don't forget mine is a Bacardi and coke ice and lemon, oh and a window seat.

Here's to a smoke free life.;)

Maria. xx

• Alex a big well done on 8 months really brilliant!!!!

I love reading your posts you say it as it is and are to the point I like that.

You will definitely make it to the penthouse hope I will be behind you don't forget mine is a Bacardi and coke ice and lemon, oh and a window seat.

Here's to a smoke free life.;)

Maria. xx

Thanks very much, Maria! I'll be sure to save you and everyone else a good seat and nice drink :)

Alex.

• Congratulations Alex on reaching your 8th month.

You and i will soon be at that Penthouse bar. ;)

LOL

• Thanks very much, Jo!

Wow, I see you're at the nine months tomorrow... We'll have to celebrate that one too :D

Alex.

• Thanks very much, Jo!

Wow, I see you're at the nine months tomorrow... We'll have to celebrate that one too :D

Alex.

Hi Alex

Unfortunately my 9th month is not for another 2 weeks as my quit date was early on the 24th Oct. Thanks for the well wishes though it will soon be here and the next milestone i will be away on Holiday with my family. ;) xx

• Its OK joe we will celebrate for you want we Alex.

Betty Boop do you truly want a window seat :eek:

Just dont expect me to sit near you

• Oh my god what a veiw!:eek:

Maria.x

• LMAO so you still want a window seat r12.imgfast.net/users/1212/... like I said you will on your own and we dont issue parashutes either

• Ok Jam I will borrow my hubbie's parachute he's a hang glider pilot. lol

:D

• Doh!!!

Sian (Levs) will no doubt point out that I've got my dates all mixed up again... It will only be 8 months this coming Friday... I was reading the American date format again and thinking the "7" was for the 7th day of the month. And yeah, I do know it's not April... I'm date-challenged, what can I say? :D

Alex.

Look at you Jumping the gun again my friend lol x

Well I am late but my congrats are still heart felt. Truely Well Done to you. :D:D

Sian xx

• Thanks very much, Sian.

Alex.

You may also like...