Am I on Day 3

Hi All,

I've been a lurker on this site for a while and used it alot on my last quit attempt and found it very motivational even though I never posted.

Well, that last attempt went about 3 months, I reached the point where I thought I'd cracked it and then something must've happened and the wheels fell off. So it's back to the start over a period of smoking again for just over a year.

Am I right in saying that I am on day 3 until I have stopped for 3 full days (as in, I'm in my 3rd day), or should I be in Day 2 and then move in to Day 3 when I have stopped for 3 days?

Sorry, I'm in the weird lack of concentration/spaced out phase.

Good luck everyone.

3 Replies

• Hi and welcome to the forum, well welcome back to the forum good to have you on board.

Many of us take several times to quit for good, the key I think is to educate yourself about nicotine, and the different stages of quitting. I would recommend you do loads of reading, some posts, some links, whatever helps you best.

Sounds to me like you are on day 3 and if you are doing Cold Turkey that means that at the end of today all the nicotine will be out of your body :D

Stay strong, read loads and post often.

• I think you are in day three, I spent the first couple of months trying to figure where in the quit table I was and it’s great to be in 6 months as I don’t have to try and work out where I am any more LOL

You will find that this site is the best thing to keep your quit on track one way or another, we are a great support system not just for people in the first few days but for each other as well, you can help me to keep quit just as much as I can help you, so stay with it and post regular to let us know how you are doing.

Your last quit was a practise run this is the real thing so good luck and may you have the strength to stay smoke free for life.

• Thank you both.

Got through the morning and now it's lunchtime, just trying to think of some things to take my mind off thinking about smoking, as I'd normally have a couple now.

May try a walk round the park.

You may also like...