3 Years!

I'm absolutely amazed..... it's 3 years today since I stopped smoking!

Which means I've paid off nearly 3 years of the interest free loan on my shiny new car (which still looks just as good!!), which was my incentive to give up..... I was smoking over 40 fags a day, so the money saved goes a long way to paying for my car.

I do still sometimes wonder what I'd feel like if I had a quick sneaky ciggie..... but the fear of starting again and going down that slippery slope keeps me in check.

Now all I have to do is shift the extra inches that appeared round my middle after I quit! That's my next challenge.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm absolutely amazed..... it's 3 years today since I stopped smoking!

Which means I've paid off nearly 3 years of the interest free loan on my shiny new car (which still looks just as good!!), which was my incentive to give up..... I was smoking over 40 fags a day, so the money saved goes a long way to paying for my car.

I do still sometimes wonder what I'd feel like if I had a quick sneaky ciggie..... but the fear of starting again and going down that slippery slope keeps me in check.

Now all I have to do is shift the extra inches that appeared round my middle after I quit! That's my next challenge.

Morning Shamlay

3 years ..... you are a star 3 years Wow hope i get to a third of that...quite a brilliant effort :)

• superb job on 3 years there!!! well done to you!!!

I know you've probably only mused on the idea of what one cig would be like, and you probably put a lid on the idea straight away, but read this anyway as it contains a summary posting of lots of posts from folk who 'had just one' and regretted it later...

ffn.yuku.com/topic/11388

Well done once again. 3 years is gr8!

• Congratulations Shamlay :D:D:D

Gaynor x

• I sound like a broken record, but I like reading these, please keep posting them. Once you hit a year thats it. No more places to post your landmarks so its great to see longer term posters sharing their quits! Well done!

• Great to hear you are doing so well, amazing. I like hearing from people who are ahead of me reminds me of the journey.

Jackie

• 3 years...wow

congratulations....

xx

• Congratulations on your 3 plus years:D

• 3 years!!! Fantastic achievement many congratulations.

• Three years thats just great. Big well done.xxxx

• Well done Shamlay ......3 years is BRILLIANT :)

Dont ever be tempted to try one now though its NOT worth it :eek: But you wont do that :D

Best wishes Trev

quit 28th april 09

3 months patches

8 months C.T

You may also like...