Had to laugh

Hi all,

Today I received in the post from the NHS a certificate to say...

"Congratulations you are now a non smoker"

Ha, I felt that it was a sort of dismissal in as much as - we've cured you of this evil habit now off you go. If only it was that easy. I must say I definately do not feel like a non smoker, only a smoker who is currently choosing not to smoke.

Even after 3 months (and a bit) there are times that I feel the need to smoke, not as often as it used to be but it is still there and I have to remind myself that I am not missing out on a treat or a pleasure.

Regards to all and a merry (smoke free) xmas.

Bernie

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Woooo Hoooo, great going

How nice to be a non smoker again!! Officially!

Best wishes

Nic

• It's official, I trust now you will never even think about smoking - ever again.

The NHS said so, and since they know everything there is to know about quitting then it must be right!

[/sarcasm]

• I am so jealous I made my own, with a little help from a template I found

• nice one bernie, its nice to be smoke free,have a nice xmas,,and keep the faith tony

• I am so jealous I made my own, with a little help from a template I found

I want one of them "stificates" when i get to one year!!!!!!!!

• awwww snot fair, i wanna stificate.....

Just wait 'til i'm back in front of my work pc......

:D

• dum de dum de do....

• show off:D:D

• show off:D:D

Bizarrely, quitting smoking for a year ranks very highly on my all-time-achievements list. I know it's pathetic but that's the way it is I guess.

I'll get yours ready Tony :D:D

• 'elo, whats all this back slapping and hi-fives going on ere?

• Bizarrely, quitting smoking for a year ranks very highly on my all-time-achievements list. I know it's pathetic but that's the way it is I guess.

Not pathetic in the least you are right to feel proud and I will feel very proud myself when that day comes, also.

• Not pathetic in the least you are right to feel proud and I will feel very proud myself when that day comes, also.

Your sarcasm detector broken today, Nic? :p

You may also like...