Done 17.5 Days

Hey all,

Just thought I would post on here today as its been a couple of days and its been manic. Its kinda of wierd - I feel this real need to let you all know how I am doing (I wouldn't wanting you thinking I had failed). Well, still going strong and its still getting easier and easier - was just saying to my teamie that I am down to perhaps one or two urges per day - but their intensity is not anywhere near the early days.

Question for the day: Do you smell smoke even if it is not present? Every now and then I get a whiff even tho I am nowhere near a smoker? Is my brain trying to trick me! :-)

Chris - Free and Healing for Seventeen Days, 13 Hours and 32 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 19 Hours, by avoiding the use of 527 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £152.92.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey all,

Just thought I would post on here today as its been a couple of days and its been manic. Its kinda of wierd - I feel this real need to let you all know how I am doing (I wouldn't wanting you thinking I had failed). Well, still going strong and its still getting easier and easier - was just saying to my teamie that I am down to perhaps one or two urges per day - but their intensity is not anywhere near the early days.

Question for the day: Do you smell smoke even if it is not present? Every now and then I get a whiff even tho I am nowhere near a smoker? Is my brain trying to trick me! :-)

Chris - Free and Healing for Seventeen Days, 13 Hours and 32 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 19 Hours, by avoiding the use of 527 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £152.92.

Yes i still get the odd whiff of fag smoke.

I think our sense of smell is heightened and we are able to smell more easily (similar to taste etc... these senses are linked).

I even get the odd whiff from passing cars if there are people smoking in them and the window is down. !!!!

• I too smell smoke wafting towards me from a distance;

Never noticed before that sometimes when I'm in the house I can smell my neighbour is smoking outside.

You may also like...