Have you changed?

Not sure where to post this so please do move if appropriate.

Do you feel a different person since you have become a non smoker? Do you feel different in terms of who you are?

I am asking as a friend I had not seen since quitting made a comment to me today. He told me I was more relaxed and less argumentative and seemed more energetic. All positive I must say.

I do feel I have changed too. I am not sure if I like the new "me" though - I admit liking the rebel smoker in me a bit...

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Cat

Funny you should say that im having a bit of a struggle of late and was thinking this morning I just want to feel like my old self again. xxxx

• Cat

Funny you should say that im having a bit of a struggle of late and was thinking this morning I just want to feel like my old self again. xxxx

Same here - other half says I'm more aggressive, but that could be because of him.:rolleyes:

• Yea agree Mine said Im a moody B. But hes the one sneaking fags. But to be fare really feel low so maybe I am moody. HEHE xxxx

• Yea agree Mine said Im a moody B. But hes the one sneaking fags. But to be fare really feel low so maybe I am moody. HEHE xxxx

Oh I am glad it is not only me feeling like this, thought I was going bonkers!!!:eek:

• i dont think ive changed , maybe more energy :) for the nicer things in life!

• I have noticed that I am a helluva lot more emotional than ever before. I am quick to cry at stupid things (ads) (old people getting off the bus) and am generally a happier person, once I got past that hurdle of the first few days. It was almost as if smoking / nicotine addiction had me emotionally 'dead'. Strange now when I think about it.

I think being a smoker makes you slightly 'harder', I don't know any smokers who fear dying, but who is gonna think about it all the time when you are slowly killing yourself?

I never thought I would say this but things are a lot brighter and I am a better peron for not smoking. I feel so sorry for smokers who don't think they can quit - i know it is possible. It doesn't mean I haven't had the odd pang in the past but no way do I ever want to smoke again. I enjoy not worrying about how long I will be in the hairdresser/doctor surgery/supermarket because I am champing at the bit to get outside and chug on a cancer stick. I love being a non-smoker and cannot get over the joy of being free!! This is almost better than having been a 'never smoker' because I know how good it is by comparison! :D:D:D

• If I have, I dont thinks it a big change. Certainly nothing has been pointed out to me, and I dont feel any different in any particular way.

The external changes, smelling better, more energy, sure, but mentally.. not really sure.

But thats just me tho'!

• This is such an interesting post, I feel different, I've got much more energy, don't know how I found the time to smoke before!!! I feel much more positive about the other things in my life as well, I used to get panic attacks but now if I feel one coming on I can talk myself out of it telling my self what a strong person that I am as after all, have given up smoking!!!! It Actually does work

!!!

As for moodiness, not quite sure if am more moody or not, definately more tearful, I do find myself crying at pathetic things on the tv, the other day it was home and away!!!!

I also miss that naughty side of me and don't want to turn into a miserable boring woman so thats why I still drink excessive amounts of red wine now and again and again and again.....

• This is such an interesting post, I feel different, I've got much more energy, don't know how I found the time to smoke before!!! I feel much more positive about the other things in my life as well, I used to get panic attacks but now if I feel one coming on I can talk myself out of it telling my self what a strong person that I am as after all, have given up smoking!!!! It Actually does work

!!!

As for moodiness, not quite sure if am more moody or not, definately more tearful, I do find myself crying at pathetic things on the tv, the other day it was home and away!!!!

I also miss that naughty side of me and don't want to turn into a miserable boring woman so thats why I still drink excessive amounts of red wine now and again and again and again.....

There is no such thing as an excessive amount of red wine Della :D

• Do I have your permission to get wasted tonight then? Going to a Hen Night (I know, tut tut on a school night as well)!!

• Course you do Della, tomorrow is Friday after all ;):D

• Do I have your permission to get wasted tonight then? Going to a Hen Night (I know, tut tut on a school night as well)!!

Oh God, have one for me! (and no smoking!)

You may also like...