Champix and weight

Hi all

I am collecting my champix tomorow and plan to start taking them on Saturday. This will be my 2nd attempt at giving up. I stopped in June this year for approx 10wks using patches, inhalater, gum and sweets!!

During the first couple of weeks I lost weight then it pilled on!

I am just wondering if any champix users out there would share their experiences of weight loss/gain/stability?

Thank you!

x x

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Nix - been on champix now for 4 weeks, been stopped for 3 weeks. Have put on a little weight I think but thats only down to the stopping smoking and not the champix. Not heard of anyone else on here with weight problems on champix. Whats a little bit of extra weight compared to the benefits of stopping smoking. Good luck with your quit. You have come to the right place.

• Hi Nix

can report no weight change at all using Champix :) - hope it's the same for you.;)

Best of luck with your quit and welcome to the forum of course!:)

• I'm on Zyban not too different from Champix ...

No weight gain here.

I must admit that I'm really into some serious between meals nibbling too, to counter this I've taken to doing a little more exercise just that extra little bit of walking each day. I'm working on the theory (not Darwin's) that the extra calories will burn off with the extra exercises

• Hi Nix

can report no weight change at all using Champix :) - hope it's the same for you

Best of luck with your quit and welcome to the forum of course!:)

See Boudee told ya my lack of weight gain could be down to the champix!!:rolleyes:

• Thanks all, figure giving up the cigs is more important at the mo. I can tackle the weight after!

Started Champix today! :)

x x x

• hi

hi

i was on champix and put on a few pound, but that was down to substituting food for fags!!!

anyway welcome to the forum, good luck and let us know how u get on , take care xxxx

• Thanks all, figure giving up the cigs is more important at the mo. I can tackle the weight after!

Started Champix today!

x x x

hiya nix!! & welcome:) if the champix works for you like it did for me then you'll do this no problem!!

i did put some weight on! but i had been dieting before i stopped smoking, then after that i did tend to eat alot more:o (the champix was origionally for weight loss but they found that they worked for smoking:)i only did 6 weeks on the champix then did'nt take anymore after that cos i didn't feel the need to take them(not looked back since!!and i don't want to smoke at all now!!believe me! with the last couple of days i've had, i would have been smoking away!!:eek:)

i have gone back to my doctor and she's let me go back on the xenical(for weightloss) i lost 2 stones on them before!! managed about half a stone in the last 3 weeks, so i'm not too worried now!(eventhough i could do with losing a few stone!! but medical issues don't help me either!) i know that when the time is right and i'm fully commited to dieting i can lose weight no probs

anyway good luck and best wishes!! you'll get all the support you need from us all on here! we're a good crowd!

bye for now. poskit.x

You may also like...