Weigh in - Monday Mass Movers for Monday 23rd October 2017

Weigh in - Monday Mass Movers for Monday 23rd October 2017

Welcome to Mondays Weigh In! Please do not reply to this post until Monday 23rd October.

Pineapple27 here, co-ordinating the weigh-in post for today. I host the Monday Weigh In thread on a fortnightly basis.

Whatever your results are on the scales today, please do share them with us if you would like to.

I was in Athens for a week last week (the photo was the view from our room),visiting my sister in law and her little family - husband and our niece (1.5 years and nephew 4.5 years). We stayed in a hotel that does a rather excellent breakfast - cooked egg, sausage and bacon, pastries, home made cakes, spanakopita, fresh fruit, yogurts, bread, biscuits..... you name it, it is there - even soup and Greek salad!

Needless to say I returned home 4.4lbs heavier! However, I am pleased to report that I got straight back on track on our return last Thursday and that has already disappeared plus a little more! I am having to be ultra strict for the next 6 weeks as we go away again in December for 2 weeks.... and then comes Christmas! Let's call it forward planing....

Talking of forward planning - we are starting off the process of making our Christmas cake next week.... any one else thinking it's about the right time? It's a tried and tested many times Mary Berry recipe.

Anyway, over to you! How’s your week been?

Whatever your results today, please be assured that we are here to support you on your journey, and if you’ve fallen by the way side, we are here to offer a hand to help you back up, dust you down and get you back track. If you’ve had a loss this week, we all want to celebrate with you!

With that in mind, we ask that everyone respond to at least one other member, ideally the person directly ahead of you on the thread. This is a bare minimum, though and we'd love to see everyone, with their pom poms, cheering as many people as they wish, on as many days as they like! Nobody complains about a bit of praise!

It would make things so much easier for us, if you could state your weight today, how much weight you've lost/gained/ maintained this week and your goals/plans for the week ahead. Other than that, feel free to share any details of your week that you like. This is how you report today's weight: Last week I weighed ????, this week I weigh ????, that's a loss/gain/maintain of ???? (add a few words about your week and your aim for the following week)

Welcome all Newbies: If you're joining this weigh-in group for the first time today – WELCOME!! Please introduce yourself and share your starting weight and your initial weight loss goals. Setting yourself mini-goals, leading to your ultimate weight loss goal, is particularly helpful. You could also make a note of your body measurements this might help you in the future if you find yourself getting despondent about your progress. Sometimes loss shows as inches rather than pounds or kilograms. Keep that tape measure handy!

If you’ve not already seen it, then take a moment to read the ‘Welcome Newbie’ pack, which is a Pinned post (situated on the right hand side of the homepage, or scroll right down to the bottom, if you're using a mobile).

Please only use this thread if you're weighing in on Monday 23rd October 2017.

Here are last Mondays stats:

Monday 16th October 2017

Total number weighing in - 41

Total number of replies - 256

Average number of replies - 6.24

Total amount of weight lost - 41.14lbs / 18.66kgs

Total amount of weight gained - 2.06lbs / 0.93kgs

Total number who maintained - 3

Newbies/Restarts - 3

Average weight lost - 1.02lbs / 0.46kgs

Number of members who did not disclose their weight - 1

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

269 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for hosting Pineapple, the picture of your hotel pool looks lovely! Well done for already knocking the gain on the head too :)

I've already made my Christmas cake and it's been fed once now. I'm hoping it will be totally tipsy by Christmas. I use an old family recipe :)

Good luck all you Monday weighers, I'm sure Pineapple will be tagging me like mad for all the weight loss badges you'll be earning tomorrow :)

• I'll do my best!

But driving back home from Exeter tomorrow... delivered my Mum here ready for her to get a coach transfer tomorrow morning to Penzance to sail to the Scilly Isles.

Was supposed to be a flight, but flights have been cancelled because of predicted bad weather. It looks a little like the weather is not too bad now that we are here.

She has to get to the airport for 5:45 AM! So it's a very early morning for us. We are staying in a hotel here tonight, will drop her off and then hopefully come back to the hotel for another couple of hours kip before setting off home.

• Oh my gosh, what a carry on! It would be just like it if the weather was perfect and the flights had been cancelled for nothing!

How long will the drive to the airport take you? :o

• We have only got to drive six minutes down the road to Exeter airport. We are staying at a Premier Inn very nearby. So hopefully 20 minutes will be enough! If we'd needed to drive down from Reading (where we live) it's at least 2 1/2 hours. That's why we decided to come down this afternoon.

• Yikes!! That's a long drive! No wonder you decided to stop over! :o

• Oh yummy!

• Hi,

I am sugarcult, I am introducing myself to you as a newbee so you need to know about me well I'm 53 I'm disabled I lost all of my left leg 12 1/2 years ago I also had an open book fracture of the pelvis, de-gloved my l buttock and fractured my r femur. I also have internal damage because I damaged the nerves at the base of my spine which has left me in a lot of pain but this is controlled by painkillers and I also suffer with phantom pain which again is very painful controlled by painkillers. I cant get out much at the moment I have a prosthetic leg but unfortunately I have put weight on over the last 2 - 3 yrs because of all the wear and rear on my only leg I developed arthritis in my knee and hip but because I had me femur pinned they could not fit the new hip so I had an operation to remove the pin in my femur, that took 4 hours it has been in nearly 10 years. That gave the green light to have my hip done that went brilliantly well healed fab. Then I had the date for my knee the surgeon said that I only had arthritis on the back of the kneecap he said that if he did it then he would put a new knee in so they did not have to go back later in life if my own knee failed. So I went ahead with this UNFORTUNATELY the tendons around my knee needed lengthening and shortening so the operation went well but it left me with a lot of pain, eventually got over it but the knee was not straight enough for me so I underwent some private physio which was a success so now everything is working very well my knee is straight and is very good and the hip don't even know I had an operation on it its that good.

I have a personal trainer I do spa boxing twice a week high impact 45 mins twice a week I have got a rowing machine, good one and an exercise bike that has been modified so I can push the pedals with my hands to get a good workout, I cant get out at the moment I am having modifications done to my prosthetic leg so that I can wear it again and get out again, I'm married no children and all my family have moved away except my Aunt, who I love so much and a friend nearby.

I had a look at the diet last week working out what to eat etc weighing things my starting weight was 15 1/2 stone I lost 1/2 a stone last week so starting at 15 stone, I dont know how much I want to loose If I can get down to 13 stone that would be a good start and go from their really.

Any advice would be greatly received as you are the professional at this.

sugarcult

• Good morning sugarcult and welcome to Mondays. What a fantastic weight loss to get you started!

You sound like you're well accustomed to taking on a challenge and getting through it, so I'll look forward to seeing lots more successes for you.

Thank you for sharing your story. Your weight loss is certainly going to make things easier for you, and you're already off to a great start!

• Good morning, sounds like you have already fought some pretty tough battles with great determination. Half a stone is amazing even for a first week. Good luck next week, I am sure you can do this.

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, sugar. I would say that having dealt with so many challenges and triumphed, weight loss will be the next on your list. :)

Well done for having already lost half a stone, you're off to a flying start! It doesn't look as if you need any advice at all, as you seem to be doing brilliantly! :)

Keep up the great work! Onwards and downwards! :)

• Hi moreless,

I do need help and advice because sometime I give up, I might not be able to do the challenges but I can do them on the rower and the hand pedal bike, my Auntie has just been today for lunch it was a healthy one we had ham and cheese salad those pancake thingys cant think what they are called and fresh yoghurt made with semi skimmed milk and some tinned oranges it was delicious and for dinner bangers and mash, I just need help with the counting calories bit so I can get that right. When I get my leg back from the hospital then I can do a walking challenge, it will be about a month or so. The biggest problem I have is the medication helps me to forget and it is bad now I find it quite sad sometimes.

onward and get on now

sugar

xxxxxxx

• Good morning Sugarcult. I agree with the other replies. You have faced so many tough challenges already. Is the name you have chosen a hint to one of the things you need to cut down on? 😂 you’ve already made a great start and will soon be in the swing of things. Are you using the my fitness pal app to log all your food and drink? I find it helps keep me on the straight and narrow 😆

• Hi Mission 17

No I wanted a name with a difference shall I give you a clue, this name is the name of a band who, wrote a song with my name as a title, the rest is up to you, no I don't have sugar in anything I use fluffy sugar instead and sweeteners in my tea. I'm no good with these app things I use a good old computer I would not know what to do with these app things sorry. I'm a bit thick with those things.

Sugarcult

xxxxxxx

• It seems that you have a great attitude!!! You sound like a very strong person. I'm sure you can do what you set your mind to. I also use my fitness pal, plus I write EVERYTHING down, even the ugly. Never goes to lie to oneself, does it. Onwards and downwards!!

• Hi sugarcult and welcome! I love that you say we are all professional at this :) but I guess those of us who have managed to lose weight have learned what we need to do! However, in my own experience, one never stops learning and even professionals still make the odd mistakes!

There are many of us on this Forum who have additional barriers to losing our weight - whether it's age, the side-effects of medication, thyroid problems, disability, illness.... it just means that we will have to put in that little more effort to counting calories and keeping an eye on portion sizes as we are likely to need less calories because of our inability to burn additional calories through huge amount of exercise....

It sounds as though you have come through a LOT - and still sound determined to make the most of your life, however limited your physical abilities have become! That attitude will stand you in good stead...

I have a disability that I was born with (shortening of all four limbs as a result of the drug Thalidomide my mum took when pregnant with me). As a result my mobility is minimal - and was further reduced following a serious head on car crash in 2002 when I broke my ankle. I went on to have ny ankle joint fused and am still in constant pain with it.

I started my weight loss journey at 14 stone - 5 and a half years ago. I am just 4ft 9" tall and so was classed clinically obese.

I was 49 years old and had been trying to lose weight all of my life since the age of 9. My disability makes exercise difficult (I am very sedentary and use a wheelchair outside of the house).

The one thing that I realised very early on in my journey was that I was just eating FAR TOO MUCH! I was a short, middle aged, sedentary female and I was eating the same as 5ft 9" active man (my now husband!). No wonder I was piling on the weight!

I started my journey at the end of February 2012, and managed to lose 4.5 stone in 2 and a half years through calorie counting and logging/weighing all of my food.

I cannot stress enough how important this part of the weight loss journey is - beng able to recognise just how much we are eating and address that. It is not about cutting out any foods but about being able to make informed choices about the foods we eat Also about learning how to behave differently around food. Just because food is in front of us does not mean to say that we have to eat it! Being able to exercise control and moderate intake is paramount.

I re-gained some of the weight I lost, then lost it again and have now managed to more or less maintain for the past 6 months at around 10 stone. Still considered "over weight".

Ideally I would love to drop another stone to 9 stone and maintain there.

My weight loss journey has been long, but I am still learning new tips and tricks to help me along the way and what's more, still enjoying the challenge! I would say that my behaviour around food has changed massively - I have learned to respect food, to "break" it's control over me, and to be able to modify how I behave with food. Just because food is within sight doesn't mean I have to eat it! I don't see eating the way I do as meaning that I am missing out any more - in fact I am now able to enjoy my life and have regained the ability to do things that I struggled to do or even found impossible to do!

Here are a few of my past posts which I hope you will find helpful and inspiring. I won't try and tell you that my journey was easy - and you'll see that there were many blips along the way, but 5 years down the line, I feel about 20 years younger than I did when I was lugging around 4 stone more.

Please do pop back to the forums and share your journey with us - we are here for you, day and night and happy to share your success or support you when you need it.

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

• Thank for hosting Pineapple!

Oh gosh yes! We lived in Athens for a few months....and I fattened up! The food!!! Yummmm and those lovely beers haha!

My week has been very good. After nearly three weeks STUCK I finally dropped. Woohoo!

Starting weight: 80.2kg

Last week: 67.2kg

This week: 66.5kg

I have actually gone down to 66.1! But close to my monthly time...and it’s going up as usuall.

Really happy with an 700g loss!!

Good luck and onwards and downwards!!!!!

• That's a great loss Gobbolino! Well done sticking with it. You persevered and now have a result, which is good for all of us to see!

Monthly times pass. It will even out again. Knowing what to expect and sticking with it anyway shows you know what you're doing here.

Onwards and downwards! Have a great week!

• Congratulations that’s really amazing, it’s so tough to keep going when you stick.

• Woohoo, Gobbolino!! WTG you! :)

• Well done Gobbolino. It’s a great feeling when the scales finally move down! Have a great week.

• Excellent, you made it over the plateau!

• What a busy city! Love having family there and visiting, but the lack of wheelchair access and the way many people drive (eeeek!!!) - I'm glad I don't live there full time!

Well done on the loss - 700g.... that's 1.5lbs in old money - which is still an above average loss!

• I'm with you - so good to move after plateau. Best wishes for a continuation despite the monthly fluctuations.

• Good morning Gobbolino, fantastic weight lose. Wishing you a great week

• Good morning Pineapple27, thank you for hosting.

Weight last week. 11 stone7.4

This week 11 stone 7.4

Maintain

Bit disappointed that the not a slight weight lose, ate a few things I shouldn't eaten this week. Will definitely have to try harder this coming week. I am also premenstrual.

Wishing everyone well in their weight lose journey x

• Hi Honey10, remember the scales can go three ways! A maintain is still better than a gain, so well done.

Remember it's about the living better, not just what the scales say.

Looking forward to seeing your great loss next week!

• As traisee has said, Honey, a maintain is always better than a gain, especially when a few extras have passed your lips and totm :)

Nest week it will all be different! :)

• As they say....maintain better than gain! Definetly doesn't help being premenstrual. Nor the tid bits that you ate haha! Carry on! It's well worth it! x

• Good morning Pineapple27 and thank you for hosting. I hope coming back to windy UK wasn't too much of a disappointment for you! And well done losing all the weight you put on. I didn't know it could be done that quickly!

Hoping the roads are kind and quiet, and the Premier Inn even quieter!

• Hmm, it wasn't too bad - especially as we had a room about 3 doors away from main reception - so everyone staying had to walk past out bedroom door! But Sunday night, and mostly families with young children (half term holidays), so not a bad nights sleep.

I'm back home already! My Mum overslept - so we almost missed getting her on the coach! But then decided to set off home to get around Bristol before the traffic got too bad.... Left at 6am and just in the door! Enjoying a cup of tea!

• Good morning everyone, I was worried this week because I'm still having to catch up on a lot of work that I let slide when I was doing C25K with so much commitment. Now work deadlines are upon me and I've been so much more sedentary.

The thing about exercise is it's the way to feel like I've got some influence in this process. When I attempted weight loss before and didn't exercise, I felt weak because it was all about the deprivation, and waiting to see whether my body would respond. Now I exercise and I feel like I've done something for myself. Even if the scales don't go my way, I know I've taken positive steps toward my health, I can concentrate on those achievements, and the scales aren't as scary as they can be. (But I guess because of the exercise they don't need to be scary!)

So I need to get out more and get more exercise. With the children off school this week there's a bit more flexibility. And I managed a 20-minute jog yesterday. Here's to a more active week.

Still, the scales were kind. I won't think about what the result could have been.

Last week: 11st 12.4

This week: 11st 11.3

Total loss 2st 0.2!

Have a good week everyone

• Well done trainee! 👏

• Well done on your loss traisee 🙌 You are so right that this journey has to be about a mind set, one that works for you.

I’m glad to hear that you feel on top form when able to hit your personal exercise goals and hope you get the chance next week to fit this into your routine.

Here’s to a happier and healthier you 👍☺️

• Woohoo, traisee, that's brilliant news and my pom poms are getting their first airing of the day! WTG you! :)

• To exercise equals a better happier healthier life. Sometimes it's a pain...but when you finish it feels sooooo good! Well done on your loss!

• Well done traisee! Glad you’re getting to exercise this week. It can take quite a bit of juggling to fit it in but it’s so worth it!

• Well done x

• Well done Traisee, great result.

Have a good half term

• Lovely new badge! 🎉🎉🎉

• Love that positive attitute traisee !! Watch out with moreless and her pompoms - she can get a bit too excited when awarding her badges! :D :D

• Hi Pineapple27 thank you for hosting.

First off I am feeling quite proud of coming back here today. As I predicted my mother coming for the weekend completely de-railed my diet. My previous dieting pattern would have been to not weigh myself and fall off the diet for at least another week or two putting on weight all the way. I am determined to lose those bad habits so I am back on the wagon immediately and back here to admit I had a really bad three days.

Weight last week 12 stone 2.8 lb

Weight this week 12 stone 3.4 lb

Increase of 0.6 lb

My plan for this week is to get straight back on the diet. Lots of exercise and stay under 1400 calories every day. I want to be 11 stone for Christmas and I am determined that this is not a diet but a permanent dieting change and there will be bad days but they can’t be the end of the road.

Sorry for the long reply but writing it down seems to make it happen

• Good for you, Glamgran, that took courage, but is exactly the way to go! :)

You can do this! Onwards and downwards! :)

• That's a great attitude!!!!

• Not too bad Glamgran69! You’ll soon shift that now that you’re back on track.

• Well done, hope you had a lovely time with your mum.

• Glamgran69 - it's the only way to do it. Enjoy those social events, limit them to the day (and not the lead up to it and eating all the leftover goodies afterwards!) and then crack on!

I'm sure you'll get to your 11 stone goal for Christmas!

• Thank you it sounds so easy but has previously been so hard to do. I am determined

• The more you do this, the easier it becomes! It's easy to find excuses to over-indulge (not wanting to waste food, etc) but honestly, they are excuses and part of the journey is to accept that you'll need to keep on living your life and eating good food! Just to reduce.... amounts and how many times :D

• Hello Glamgran69. I went completely off the rails this weekend as well. A 1lb gain when I’ve been losing 1lb most weeks. My usual response to this would have been just what you’ve written in your post! Lesson learned for both of us......this is what I love about this forum.....knowing that we are not alone & to keep going. I’m aiming to be in the 11 stone something’s by Christmas. Have a good week 🌼

• I am so glad to not be alone. It makes you feel less of a failure when you are only human

• We’ve got to think we aren’t failures Glamgran69. Just never too old to learn! 🌼

• Good morning everyone and many thanks Pineapple for hosting. I had a disappointment last Monday when I hadn’t lost any weight but fortunately this morning looks better...

Last week 92kg

Today 90.8kg

• That’s a great loss!

Well done for having such a good week, wishing you lots of luck for next week also 😊

• Excellent!!!!

• Well done, Isomaha, that's a great loss! :)

• Great loss Isomaha!

• Well done Isomaha !! So what's your total loss during your 4 weeks if you don't mind me asking? Just want to ensure that you are up to date with your badge awards...!!! :D

• Thanks. I started at 95.4 kg and I am now 90.8kg, so I think it is 4.6kg.

• So... that means moreless will be along to swap that Week 4 Badge for a 7lb loss badge - well done!!!

• Oh, thank you ! 😀

• Fabulous news

• Hi all

I'm a newbie to Monday weigh ins. I'm looking to lose a minimum of 5 stone in total but like to tackle it in half a stone chunks.

I have tried many diets and don't seem to get anywhere.

So this week is my first week on be plan, I was ok during the week and didn't find any issues, but struggled over the weekend ( I don't really have a routine on the weekend, so generally find it harder to plan what food I'm going to eat).

My starting weight was 18 st 7.5 lb

I now weigh 18 st 3.5lb

A 4lb loss yay

So this week I've already meal planned and will be completing shopping tonight ( I find it great to shop on weigh day, as I'm more determined whether I have a loss or a gain, if I shop on any other day the husband has to come with to stop me buying stuff I shouldn't), I'm going to try and get more active at work by going for a walk at lunch time, I've changed department at work so I'm getting less steps a day so need to get them back up.

Hope everyone has a great weigh in this week.

• Well done on an amazing loss. Your attitude is perfect and I’m sure you will see great results :)

• What a fantastic weight loss 🙌 you should be so proud of yourself, well done 👍

It sounds like you’ve got the foundations nailed, love your tip about shopping on weigh in day! In all honesty I struggle with weekends also so if you have any tips for those further down the line please do share ☺️

• Carry on!!!! You can do this!!

• Fabulous loss, well done x

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Rebecca and well done for getting off to such a good start, with a 4lb loss! Go you! :)

Why not log onto the daily diary, for assistance with meal planning, especially at the weekends.

Keep up the great work! :)

• Weekends can be problematic... I try to keep some calories back for my weekend - also only eat two meals - brunch and dinner.

Your husband will soon be on board with buying healthy stuff once he sees your weight coming off!

Thankfully my husband is a real gem - he's had to kind of get used to it as my weight loss journey has taken over 5 years.... he still has his sweet "treats" but we store them out of sight in a special tin :-)

• Well done great start! Yes I struggle with weekends and need to be really focused. Walking at lunch times is a good idea. Good luck!

• Hello @Rebecca-F. That’s such a great start & planning your meals really works. Love your shopping on a Monday idea. Good luck for this next week ahead 🌼

• Arthur Stone...

On the scales today. 48yr old male. 6' 1" tall.

Weekly loss of 2.75 lbs

That's more than half a stone gone since first weigh-in on 27/9/17. 8.5lbs down 22lbs to target weight

My new nick name until further notice -

Arthur Stone

----------------------------------------------------------

Week 0 starting off at 205.5 lbs (14st 9.5lbs)

Week 1 - 205 lbs (14st 9lbs)

Week 2 - 200.75 lbs (14st 4.75lbs)

Week 3 - 199.75 lbs (14st 3.75lbs)

Week 4 - 197 lbs (14st 1lb)

Weekly Loss of 2.75 lbs

22 lbs to lose to reach target weight of 12st 7lbs.

Total weight lost so far 8.5lbs. — feeling happy.

• Truly motoring now 👍💪 I hope you feel proud of yourself and your achievement with your weight loss so far, you’ve done a great job.

Hopefully this will spur you on for next week! Good luck 😊

• You must be feeling happy!!!!!! Great job!!

• Well done Arthur 😂

• Yay Radford-Utd - well done! So moreless will be along shortly to award you your half a stone badge!!!

Took me a while to get the "Arthur Stone" reference, but it's still early and I have just driven 180 miles back in horrid road conditions from Exeter.... (can't believe the amount of traffic around Bristol at 7am!!)

• He already has it Pineapple, but it's hiding under his week 8 badge, It can be seen by hovering your mouse over the Week 8 :)

• Morning everyone. My first weigh in but second week of plan.

Week 1 started at 12st 1lb

Week 2 started at 11st 11lb - 4lb loss

Today I am 11st 9lb - 2lb loss

6lb so far. I am on track but only just by this morning so will have work hard next week. Looking forward to the half stone mark! Need to get a bit more excercise in this week but difficult with half-term and kiddies at home.

• Well done! You’re doing brilliantly - enjoy half term :)

• Amazing result, hopefully the weather is kind for half term and you can all spend time enjoying the great outdoors burning off any kiddie slips 😅🤗 Wishing you lots of luck for next week!

• You are doing very well!!! Keep it up!

• Well done, fabulous progress x

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Nikabi :)

You've started the way you mean to go on, with a great loss. Well done you! :)

• Woweee Nikabi - you'll definitely be getting your half a stone badge next week - just think of how good that will feel (and that good feeling will last much longer than any temptation that comes your way - take it from me!)

• Wow Nikabi you are in the 11’s already! Great work👍. Have another great week 🌼

• Good morning everyone.

Starting weight 14st 4lb

Last week I weighed 12st 7lb

This morning I weigh 12st 8lb

A gain of 1lb

This is my first gain since starting this new way of eating ......and it’s because I went back to my old way eating 😥. Totally out of control this weekend & this morning I feel dreadful. Is it possible to have a food hangover?

• Definitely food hangover! When it’s tough, take each day at a time. Remember why you are making changes, write them down and stick somewhere prominent to remain motivated. 1lb is nothing in the grand scale of things - look at what you have lost so far! Wow!

• Thank you Nikabi. You are right with your advice.....I don’t think I’m thinking clearly🙄.

• Well you know what the cause was and you didn't enjoy the process. So remembering the food hangover might keep you more focused for this week. Best of luck.

• That’s one of the stupid things about it..... I didn’t enjoy the food I was wolfing down at all🤢. Back to my new way of living from today👍.

• Been there got the t-shirt 🤔

• Aww Muntjacky don’t be too hard on yourself every day is a new day and I’m sure this week you will be back on it with a renewed sense of determination 💪👍 here’s to a happier and healthier week 🙌

• Thank you xvanillaskyx. I am hard on myself but a lot of what I’ve learned these past few months is changing how I think about food. On the straight & narrow this week 👍🌼.

• Big hug, do you know what triggered your switch to old habits? Hope your able to get back track x

• Thanks Dizzykate😘. I’ve given it a lot of thought but I can’t think what set me off. It scared me to be out of control again & to be honest my confidence is still knocked now. But perhaps it’s taught me a lesson about getting too cocky with this new way of eating. It isn’t easy & I’ve got to work at it 👍. Thanks for the hug.... I really needed it!

• I think so!! The last time that I had a hamburger was so greasy (it seemed to me) and erghh that I couldn't eat my dinner that night! No more hamburgers for me! (it was at a restaurant, too!)

You've probably learnt something this weekend.

New start for Monday! You are doing an excellent job!

• Thanks Gobbolino. I think it’s taught me a lesson. I feel so sluggish.....in my mind as well as my body! Been back on the straight & narrow today at work. Someone bought in a packet of fancy biscuits which I handed around until they had all been eaten. No one noticed that I hadn’t had one & temptation was gone. Result👍

• You experimented with the old way and now know for certain that you prefer the new way. That knowledge is gold!

• Thanks diamondblock. Knowledge is power! I certainly don’t want to feel like that again🤢

• Hi Muntjacky - but you're here, you're weighed in... and you've identified what happened!

Yes, over-indulgence and too much rich / sweet food can make you feel pretty awful....

Onwards and upwards - you can do this!

• Thanks Pineapple27 .....you always inspire me 😘. It’s knocked my confidence but yes I’m still here & I won’t give up👍.

• It's definitely possible to have a food hangover, Jacky, but don't you worry, drink plenty and hop back on the wagon and you'll be just fine :)

• Thanks moreless. I can’t give up now after all my hard work 😬. I’ve spent the last 30 years after my daughters were born yo-yoing with my weight & thought I’d cracked it this time. It seemed so easy! Just goes to show I must not get too cocky. Back on track now🌼

• Good morning everyone! I’ve managed to lose the 1lb that had snuck back on last week...

Starting weight (1 Jan): 15st 10lb

Last week: 11st 5lb

Today: 11st 4lb

I’d love to see that number keep doing down - 1 more lb takes me to 4.5st lost so far. But am struggling at the moment - obviously the less you have to lose the slower it will be because the changes aren’t so drastic but I’m not very good at not seeing results so need to remember to be patient going forward and that it is a marathon not a sprint.

• Take your time or it’s easy to lose motivation. Remember to check those inches too! Sometimes the change isn’t on the scales. :-)

• Hmm. You've got a 4 stone badge. That doesn't look like Not seeing results. But I think I know what you mean. Yes it's harder to sustain losing weight. But it's still going the right way.

• I know how you feel, I have much more to loose than you and I wish it would go quicker but as my husband says to me 'you didn't put it on in a few months and you won't lose it in a few months' slow and steady wins the race x

• It's a marathon! It's taken me 3 weeks to see the scales go down!!

• 4 stone since January is tremendous! You'll soon have your 4.5 badge 😀

• Sigh.... abigettinghealthy - yep, know that feeling. I've been hovering between 4 and 4.5 stone loss. Ideally want to get to 5 stone and that will be my goal! But yes, every single calorie makes the difference when you get closer to goal weight, especially when one is a little "shortie" like me who doesn't move much!

Well done on that 1lb loss!

• Well done this week abigettinghealthy. Good luck with that pesky 1lb this coming week. What a goal for you & what a celebration we can have next week🎉!

• A gain of 1 lb this week. From 11st 6.75lbs to 11st 7.75lbs.

I think I know where it came from. So hopefully I'll be more focused for this week.

• Hi derrygeel

Goid luck in losing your gain this week. You sound very focused and looking at the weight you have lost already I'm sure you will.

• Good, if you know were it came from then you know what to correct. Keep it up! You don't have a 2 stone badge for nothing!!!!

• Welcome to the weigh in derrygeel - well done for writing it down :) and you know we are here for you! Onwards and downwards!

• Hello derrygeel. We’ve both had bad weeks but we can be back on track now. If you’re focused I will be as well. Good luck 🌼

• I will if you will. Ok?

• Yes! Most people on today’s weigh in seem to have maintained or lost weight except for.........? I’m not going to feel like this next week so I’m determined to have a better week! Good luck👍🌼

• Hi pineapple27

Well done for losing your holiday weight so quickly

Weight last week 11st 2.4

Weight this week 11st 2.4

So I have maintained this week but I have lost 1/2 inch from waist so am a little bit pleased.

Talking about xmas puddings I have a recipe that contains no fat if anyone is interested. It has to be made 1 week before xmas or frozen beforehand. I had this at local pensioners dinner I was helping at and it was delicious.

Good luck with weigh in.

• Well done on your maintain x

• I love it when the tape measure comes up smaller 🎉

• I've actually moved back to eating fat - but I am sure there will be takers for your xmas pud recipe! I'm pleased nobody has told me off for mentioning the "C" word, as I know some people resent that too early in the year!

Well done for the inches loss - which is just as important and will show!

• Good morning weighed today 11st 5lb last week 11st 5lb today - no gain a maintain This is what I want I want another maintain next week then in November I want to lose again ! I want to be in the 10 stone range by Xmas I don't care if its 10st 13lbs as long as the 10st appears on the scales I love this way Before I would panic for the weekly weighin at the slimming club starving myself and then giving up but this is becoming a new way of life from my shop to my daily meals Thank you - I hope you all have a good weighin

• Hi milliemay you have the same goal as me. I maintained as well this week and I want to see number 10 on the scales by xmas. Don't care if it's 1oz under 11 as long as it shows 10!!

• Same here too. Just seeing that 10st bit will be lovely, even if there is 13lbs with it! If I stay on track I will see it in 4-5 weeks.

• Sounds like a good plan! Well done on fighting the diet demons 👍

• Slowly and surely. Weight loss can never take too long. All the time we are losing or maintaining, we are learning new eating habits and getting used to a different way of "being"....

• Yes Milliemay1 that’s how I was with slimming clubs. Even taking “water” tablets just to show a loss at the meeting! Not sustainable. I’ve had a good week but then a terrible weekend so gained 1lb. Must try harder. Love your plan! My aim is to be in the 11 something’s by Christmas. 🌼

• Hello Muntjacky Xmas seems to be the date we are all aiming to be a certain weight Just thinking about my Xmas day outfit and pulled out a dress I optimistically bought last year but it was too tight Today it already looks better on so Im aiming to wear this - another reason for a good loss I can buy myself a new handbag with the money I save - yippee !

• 👜🤣😂🤣 👠?? 🌼

• What a great achievement Pineapple27 it’s inspiring to know that you can be so dedicated and disciplined with your weight loss, it’s no wonder you are doing so well - well done 🤗

I’m pleased that I have lost another 2lb this week. Last week I weighed 15st 9lbs this week I’m 15st 7lbs. I feel like I’m control of it this time and I’m going to succeed with my goals, no more excuses 😊💪😬

• Great loss! Have a good week 😀

• 2lbs! Wow! Are you due any badges? moreless does love an excuse to wave her pom poms, so let us know when you have reached 7lb / half a stone and shell be along with her supply of badges and her pom poms!

• 2 more pounds and it'll be a 1 stone badge, Pineapple and my pom poms are twitching like mad!! :D

• Next week hopefully 💪

• My pom poms will be ready! :)

• Morning,

My weight today is 15st 3 lb

So a loss of 1 lb,

10lb loss altogether

Talking if Christmas I'm lucky in that my mum always makes the cake and the pudding and is always yummy.

Good luck everyone x

• Well done! 🎉

• Awww, I wish someone made my cake! Getting husband onto it later today! He likes washing the cherries and zesting oranges!! (well, he's the one who most enjoys eating the final product!)

• Well done Dizzykate. You are doing so well. Hope you have a great week ahead 🌼

• Good morning and thanks for hosting Pineapple 27. Congratulations on shifting your holiday gain so quickly!

I seem a bit stuck just now so here goes

Last week I weighed 10st 13

This week I weigh 10st 13.2lbs so it’s a gain of 0.2lbs. Disappointing especially as I go on holiday to Tenerife tomorrow for 11 nights so I know already that I’ll be back in the 11st zone by the time I get back unfortunately.

I’m still going to the gym Mon-Fri for classes and workouts but I think my body is used to that now. I will get right back on it when I get back though. My goal for Christmas was 10st 7lbs which will be a bit of a challenge as I’m averaging about half a pound a week loss and I’ll need to double that at least. Any tips would be appreciated! Good luck this week everyone. See you in two weeks 😆

• Gym 5 days a week! Go you! Sounds like you are building muscle which may explain you maintaining (I am not going to class 0.2lb as a gain!). Good luck on holiday - you may surprise yourself. Lovely beach walks, fresh fruit, swimming... :-)

• Are you eating enough? Maybe with all the exercise you need to up your calories?

• I’d love if that was the answer but because I log everything in my Fitness Pal, it gives me a credit for my exercise. I’ve had a look at the stats though and it does seem that I’m eating less calories than I should. I average around 1500 per day so I’ll maybe have a look at that when I get back from my hols. Thanks for the tip.

• I use MFP but ignore what is says about exercise! I use the calculations in the NHS BMI tool, and aim towards the higher end of the suggested range. it might be worth trying that after your holiday. Have a brilliant time!

• I can’t seem to get that app to bring up the calories. It only lets me change my weight. I must be missing something .....

• I don't use the app, the desktop website gives you a calorie range according to your height, weight, age, gender and activity levels 👍

• I just checked, the mobile version works that way too. nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyw...

• I tried again and it just calculates my bmi - nothing about calories. I must try it on my pc when I get the time. Thanks for trying to help though.

• Oh! I am jealous! We are off to Tenerife on 5th December for 2 weeks. Enjoy the sunshine and warmth! Have you beed before?

Here are my top holiday tips!

Your holiday starts when you arrive at your destination! Not at the airport with a huge fry up / pint of beer! I only have drinks whilst waiting to board my flight.

Similarly it ends once you reach the UK on your homeward bound trip. Don't weigh as soon as you get home - leave it 24 hours as you'll be retaining fluid because of the flight....

Try to moderate the alcohol intake - have a glass of water every other drink, which will also help to hydrate you and make you feel fuller.

Ice cream or dessert each day - never both!

Try and get in some exercise - walking, swimming or just 30 minutes of stretches each day will make you feel more positive and determined and remind you of what you are trying to achieve!

If bread is routinely served with a meal - leave it!

Ask for your chips / potatoes to be changed for salad (restaurants are obliging - they want your custom!)

I try to stick to just 2 meals a day - late breakfast/brunch and dinner.

Don't snack in the evenings! You can more or less double your calorie consumption by snacking on crisps, nuts, chocolate.......

Take with you a photo of yourself in which you consider yourself to look HUGE and stick it somewhere in the room where you'll see it each and every day.... a reminder about why you are on this journey.

Each day remind yourself of the weight you've lost so far, and what an effort you've had to put in to achieve it. You don't want to undo all that hard work, so enjoy your holiday but try thinking of "damage limitation"!

• Great advice Pineapple 27! I will try my best, but there’s a group of 8 of us and I might be sabotaged! I will definitely try the two meals per day advice and try hard to limit the alcohol! Have a great week.

• Have a lovely holiday Mission17. Enjoy yourself🌼

• Morning all, have lost a small tub of Flora, other spreads are available, this week. Half a pound, so today's weight 11st.7lb,start weight 11st 11lb. Our daughter, husband, and our three year old grandson visiting for half term, so lots of walking, probably puddle jumping and other energetic pass times. I will be cooking so will be able to control the calories. Sober October is drawing to a close so I am carrying on

No 'vin' ber then I may have a little tipple during the festive month. Hopefully will have shed a few more pounds by then. Have a good week everyone x

• Love your post! Will it be Dec('rease the amount of alcohol I consume')ember too?

• Hi JanP53 and well done on the loss! Enjoy half term!

• Good morning, fantastic effort in terms of the gym work that you're doing regularly - enjoy your holiday, Tenerife is great at this time of the year and you'll come back revitalised! The key thing I find is to discipline myself to getting straight back into it when I get back from a holiday.

Last week I was 16'6

This week 16'3

Total loss of 6 lbs since I rebooted a fortnight ago 😀

Have a good week all

• Great loss! That's incredible. Well done Hightower8015 keep up the good work

• Wowee! That's an impressive loss! Keep up the excellent work!

• Woohoo, Hightower, another opportunity for my pom poms to get shaken, because that's a 2 stone badge! WTG you! :)

• Hi I'm StokerJill and it's my first time. I'm 5ft 4" and My starting weight is 17 stone 13lbs .

I tripped over whilst backpacking on holiday a couple of weeks ago and I've got a badly broken shoulder so cannot easily take my starting measurements. I'm guessing I'm clothes size 22-24 as my size 22 trousers are a bit snug. Life is pretty limited right now - I am obliged to sleep upright so don't actually get much quality shut eye. I can't wash or dress myself. I am unable to prepare food and also can't even cut up my own dinner- but this is a big advantage as it's slowing down my eating and also I only eat what I'm given - no sneaky snacking or tasting during cooking. Lack of exercise is an issue and I'm worried any fitness I had is slipping away - I love cycling and kayaking but no chance of either for at least 6 months. I can walk but I'm nervous of tripping over as my broken arm is in a semi straight jacket so I'm a bit wonky and unbalanced. I need to lose weight as this is the third time I've tumbled - and heavy people falling over sustain bad injuries and I only have one intact limb left.... time to take action. With my lack of exercise I'm aiming for a steady 1-2lb a week loss. It's going to be a long haul. I would like to go back and finish my holiday ... but probably with wheeeled suitcases in future!

• Go for it StokerJill you can do it! An adventurer like you could see this as a new adventure into discovering new tasty foods that help you journey to a new place with your health but I know that analogy sounds good and yet the journey can be hard at times and a real slog BUT with all you are coping with it might be good to focus on the recording and planning and coming on here. I think its amazing you are so quickly joining here and making some changes after your accident - true fighting spirit. Have fun I look forward to seeing how you get on. Have a super week.

• Ouchy ouch StokerJill and welcome to the Monday weigh-in!

Sounds like a really painful and debilitating injury!

You'll need to ensure you reduce your calories to take account of the reduced mobility / movement and also really look at the quality of what you are eating - good quality healthy food will promote the healing process!

Please take it from a 4ft 9" shortie who's disabled and sedentary that it's still perfectly possible to hardly move and still lose weight! I started at 14stone, size 24. Now 10 stone and size 16 and feeling so much better for getting rid of my excess packaging!

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Jill :)

Sorry to hear that you're really in the wars and I hope you heal quickly. I'm sure that by the time you're unstrapped, you'll be pounds lighter and ready and raring to go :)

• Thanks Pineapple27 for hosting and being so honest about your gain/loss. Awesome self-control straight after your holiday fun!

Last week I weighed 12stone 3lb, this week I weigh 12stone 1lb, that's a loss of 2lb.

I had a similar problem to the last 3 weeks with poor choices at the weekend and no recording. This weekend I slipped later! Had a full recording Friday whereas I have often slipped partway through the evening! Plus Saturday I did not record but was more careful than I have been with my choices.

Feel I have perhaps escaped or had an anomaly at the scales but after 3 weeks staying the same I am encouraged by this loss to get going again. I will go on here to find a new way to record in case that gives me the boost I need to stay accurate and honest. Been writing in a little book, maybe I need to try an app.

I'll see if there's a topic post to look at about his.

• There are lots of free apps for you to log your food and some even better ones that you pay for. I used (still do) a website (www.weightlossresources.co.uk) to lose my weight. I pay £85 a year to be a member, but that's a small price for keeping me on the straight and narrow and there is a lot of useful information and tools available to you as well as a very comprehensive database. It's a website that changed my life for sure! You can try it free for 24 hours.

Otherwise myfitnesspal is a free app that others have told me about.

• Thank you. I remember you mentioned it when I first started so I must have a look although I confess with a full refurbishment job starting on the house in a week I will have less access to a PC - does it work well on a phone as I really need something with an app?

• Well done RachDawson. You are doing so well👍. So close to the 11 something’s now. You must be doing this the right way 🌼

• Thank you. I need to remember that and keep going. Resolve has been flagging! So I appreciate your comment thank you

• Good morning!

Two weeks ago (missed last week): 11st 9, waist 39"

This week: 11st 7.5, waist 38.5"

I'm really feeling it now. My wedding ring was sliding around my finger at work yesterday, and I'm going to have to ask about getting some new work trousers, or at least get a safety pin on my current ones!

• Morning diamondblock.

Congratulations. What a way to start a Monday morning off with a positive change on the scales, and more importantly how your clothes feel. 😀

• Wowweee, way to go - best see if you can get those trousers sorted - we don't want any accidents!

• Once again, tremendous stories of courage and determination. Welcome, Sugarcult, your story is particularly impressive! I hope you receive all the support and encouragement you need and deserve from this group. You will, I'm sure.

I am still grounded by my hip bursitis - not driving and not walking - which makes about seven weeks I suppose since August 25th when it flared. And my weight has remained at 12st 13lb. I'm pleased about this -considering what all this lack of activity could have meant - but I am deeply frustrated at no weight loss, especially as the NHS weight checker is still describing me as 'obese'. Here's to the future anyway!

• Ouch, I can empathise - I also have bursitis and congenitally deformed hips (no ball or socket joint, hips held in place by muscle alone!) Have you tried acupuncture? It really helps me.

Are you logging your food? If you are unable to exercise, it's critical to do this (although tedious I know!) I am still logging each and every day after 5 years....!!!

• Thank you for this, Pineapple. My daughter who is doing all the cooking at the moment is logging my food for me. Which is great.

And I am hopeful it will be better soon. I go to an osteopath who is doing wonders. (He thinks it began with a trapped nerve in my back so we are working through a particularly painful phase at the moment.)

Sorry about your problems. I never realised how painful these things can be. You are inspirationally courageous.

• I'm being investigated for the source of the problem. Had MRI scans of lower back and hips and will be getting the results on 1st November.....

I'm not taking pain killers at the moment - the pain is bearable.

• Hi, sounds like you have had a difficult time and doing amazing maintaining. Keep up that positivity and hope it all improves for you soon.

• Lizzie, you last weighed in a fortnight ago and said you were changing to Kgs, giving your weight as 83kg, which is 13st 0.6lbs. Now, have you managed to change your scales again, so that they're weighing in stones, or have you done a conversion, in which case, how much do you weigh in kgs? :)

• Golly, I hadn't realised. How clever of you to be able to Find that figure. i weighed 82kgs this morning. So I've lost 1 kg over a fortnight. I'm heartened. We have actually changed our scales so I should be able to report in stones and pounds when I organise them. Thank you!

• You're fine logging your weight in kgs, the problems occur when we keep switching from one to the other :)

Nothing's ever as bad as you first think, but sometimes it needs another pair of eyes to see it :)

• Good Morning everyone,

Start weight 11st 5.5

Last week 10st11

This week 10st 9.25

A loss of 1.75lb

Happy with this result.

Well done on everyone posting a possitive approach to Christmas and other high calorie events, just shows us if we mentaly prepare ourselves our results are reached much sooner. Good luck everyone.

Sorry if this is a repete I don't know where my other post went?

• So I think you are due a 7lb loss badge Kaza67 ??? Woweeee!

moreless will be along with her box of badges and her pom pom waving shortly! Enjoy and keep up the hard work!

• Woohoo, Kaza, WTG you! You should have given me a prod with a pointy stick, for not awarding you a badge sooner! My pom poms are in overdrive! :)

• Thanks for the badge, I will wear it with pride.

• Good morning pineapple27

Hope you had a fantastic holiday.

Start weight 16st 9lbs

Last week: 16st 9.5lbs

This week: 16st 9lbs.

So another loss of half a pound this week.

I’m happy to be slowly losing. As the shop says, every little helps.

Good luck everyone and here is to a good week ahead 😊

• Our-nats - well done on the half a pound loss...! Keep up the excellent work!

• Last week 232

This week 231.6 pounds.

Loss 0.4

I am so happy for this small weight loss because this is a loss since in a couple of weeks. So here to many more.

• Wadestreet - every loss however small is still a loss - well done and you sound very positive!

• Well done and a great attitude it all adds up!

• Yaaaaaaay!! Go you! :)

• Hi

Last week 13stone 6.5lbs , this week 13 stone 3.5 lbs so pleased with 3lb loss!

I am also pleased that I have managed to go to the gym 4 times this week. I am only at 50% out put due to back (long term issue). However, I have managed to do back exercises and some on the exercise bike which I am really pleased about. I was tested when out for pizza express with friends but made some good choices. I am away one night this week with husband with 3 course meal so will need to be very good rest of week! So this week I hope to continue moving more and continue to focus on healthy eating and eating less.

Hope you all have a good week.

• Well done Vickster you are right on track

I cope with eating out by just having coffee at breakfast and a lettuce based salad at lunch and then using my calories for eating out making careful low calorie choices from the menu, choosing a starter rather than dessert and limiting wine to one glass of best quality and plenty of water. I avoid the nibbles and bread and olives

Enjoy your night out tonight

Best wishes

• Yep, that pretty much sounds like my daily routine pcrw :D rather restricted, but it's the only way!

• Great job 🙂 Have a fantastic week.

• You are such a great role model Pineapple. Enjoying a holiday but able to get straight back on track

Well this week I weigh 63.8 kg and I think I weighed 64.8 kg last week , but it might have been 65 kg,

Any way I am delighted as my BMI now in the official healthy range

Can I graduate to the Maintainers club as I face the new challenge of making sure I stay this way!

Total lost since starting diet is 17.2 kg as starting weight 81 kg

I am now the same weight as I was in my early thirties .

• Well done you! BMI in healthy and back to your weight as a 30 year old. Fantastic job 🎉🎉 x

• You were actually 65.5kg last week, pcrw, so that's a 1.7kg/3.74lb loss!!! Holy moley! :o

The maintainer's club is just the place for you and they'd love to have you! :)

My pom poms are beside themselves with excitement!! :)

• Yay amazing! Congratulations!

• Wow, 2.74lb loss and graduated to maintainer! I'm glad you've got to your goal weight - we don't want you disappearing entirely!

Thanks for your compliments!!! :-)

• Good Morning Pineapple, pool looks great, glad you had a good time with your family and are back at it. I dont do Christmas cake anymore because its only myself and my husband who like it and I know who will end up eating it all! However we will have homemade Christmas pudding, Christmas log, mince pies and a special Christmas roulade 😆

Now for the results! Good Morning everyone and I hope the scales have been kind. Last week I weighed 13 stone 12.75 pounds, this week I weigh 13 stone 11.25 pounds a loss of 1.5 pounds. Not feeling well at the moment, have a stinking head cold, so not managing to eat all my calories, but most of them. I,m afraid I,m going to be short and sweet this week and go and cuddle up on the sofa with honey and lemon and vick vapour rub 😥

Hope everyone has a good week x

• Sorry that you're not feeling great today, Rosie and I hope the honey and lemon and Vick's does the trick.

That's a great loss though, it seems you're in a hurry for another badge! :)

• Oh dear.... sorry about the head cold. We both bought something back from Athens - both nephew and niece were poorly whilst we were there. I'm slowly getting better, but husbands started last night - and he's refusing to take paracetamol (which is how I managed to ward mine off quickly - didn't want the cough!)

• Good morning all, and thanks for hosting pineapple 27. Haven’t been posting much in the last few days as we are currently in Wells next the sea with limited and irregular internet!

However, scales tell me that today I am 8 st 9.2lbs - which means I think that l have lost the extra bit that I managed to put on last week - sorry pineapple I don’t have my spreadsheet on my iPad!!

Anyway, our holiday photo isn’t as nice as yours - although it’s a lovely caravan and we try to use it as often as we can. Lots of lovely walks though so I am getting in my 10000 steps.

Good luck everyone - hope the scales are kind to you all.

• I hope you're enjoying your holiday Russet, it sounds smashing to me :)

You were 8st 9.7lbs last week, which means you've lost 0.5lbs. Well done you :)

• A holiday is a holiday though! I am sure your caravan is cosy and warm and glad that you are enjoying some nice walks!

• And getting the cat off the caravan roof!!! She is far too old - 15 and a half - to go mountaineering!

• Enjoy your holiday break Russet.

I'm just home from down south.

See you soon on the group forum.

George 56

• Thank you! We have restricted WiFi access on the park and the usual Norfolk ‘drop outs’ so I try not to go online too often. Back home on Thursday so normal service resumed soon! We love it here though so small price to pay! Hope you are well and still on track.

• My mission is to lose between 6 to 8 lb............doesn't sound a lot, but to me, it's like carrying a large bag of potatoes around all day. The extra weight is affecting my walking, which I must do as I had DVT last year. I am 5ft 4 and a half and retired. In the last 10 years, I have gained 1 stone in weight. Giving up HRT last year I believe it is what has caused the weight gain. I started to try to lose weight last week and have lost 2 lbs..............it has not been easy.

• Oh my word!!! You found us!! Woohoo, tansy-ann!!! WTG you! :)

You're doing brilliantly! It's not a race, slow and steady is the way to go :)

I am surprised that you were on HRT until you were 74 though, why was that?

• Hi Moreless I am back home.

Going out soon for a 3pm. Appointment.

All good and I will get back to you later.

George

• Well done! I always think of half a stone as a new born baby! I was carrying around 9 of them and I'm only 4ft 9"!

• Hi 5 tansyann8. I'm just home from a holiday break.

My walking around was ok, but painful.

The main factor is the extra weight I have put on. 1st.+.

I'm going to get back on track.

I'm going to wish you success for losing a few pounds, well done you in advance 😇.

You are in good hands.

Welcome onboard. George 56

• Good afternoon Pineapple 🍍, I have just Weighed myself after a nice shower.

Today's weight is. 31st.2.75lbs.

Last weight recorded. 31.st. 5.50.lbs.

On the 9th. October.

A loss achieved. 3.25.lbs.

I'm going to make my short term goal.

Lose 2.75.lbs.

Long term goal is to lose. 1st.

A lot of good advice on holiday, regards legs and knees.

Thanks Pineapple 🍍 for hosting today.

Good luck to everyone who is on the group forum today.

I would like to wish Cat33 a special well done for the Weight loss achieved.

Great news that you are back on track.

Me too.

Kind regards George 56

• Wow! Well done George56 ! I still haven't had my shower today! Yes, smaller short-term goals can sometimes seem more realistic than the far off "goal weight"

Keep up the excellent work! Loving the little pineapple pictures - I'm not on my ipad... so they won't work for me at present :-(

• Thanks Pineapple 🍍 looking forward to more weight loss.

I was really struggling with my walking.

Crunchie knees.com😂

Hopefully you are doing well today and enjoying the sunshine 😎 today.

George 56 🤗

• Woohoo, George!! Your holiday has certainly agreed with you!! What was different??

I'm over the moon for you! :)

I'm delighted that you got lots of good advice too! :)

Welcome home! :)

• Morning everyone, 2lb gain today so back up to 13.02lb . I have had a bad cold this week, which being asthmatic, means no exercise. it just seems like one step forward two steps back sometimes. I 've probably been comfort feeding my cold as well so it wasn't a total surprise.

• Hi blacksunflower - The colds have been doing the rounds (we both have them). I know what you mean about comfort foods - but depending on what those are, they won't aid your recovery... :(

By the way... asthma runs in my family (my Mum and both sisters have it...) and I got my first attack in about 1990.... during a hot summer - quite a bad attack triggered by an electrical storm.

The great news is that..... my asthma has completely vanished with losing weight. I appreciate that this won't be the case for everyone, it depends on the allergens that trigger the attack...

Get well soon - in the meantime, nice home made soup? Tonights dinner for me is home made cauliflower cheese (278 cals) sprinkled with crispy bacon slices (29 cals), mashed swede and carrot with added butter (94 cals) and stir-fried leeks, cabbage and peas (51 cals)!

with

• Hi Pineapple27, thanks for your reply, your dinner sounds lovely, I will take your advice and make some homemade soup. The comfort food was mostly in the form of wholemeal bread with vitalite and a little jam. I am hoping for a loss next week. many thanks.

• Stayed the same 🙁

• Hi debth - was that expected or are you a bit disappointed? Let's try and help you identify what you might be able to tweak to achieve a loss next week? :)

• Only third week i only eat 1200-1800 nhs app says 2100-2700 . I’m moderately active about 10000 steps a day do a boot camp class too try keep moving only thing not moving is needle on scales sadly

• I think you need to eat more calories! Eat those 2100 - 2700 PLUS half at least of your exercise calories!

Promise you, although it's scary, it will work!

You're not eating the calories your body needs to function. I eat 1200 calories, and I am 4ft 9", sedentary, 55 years old and only a stone away from my goal.

EAT MORE!!! :D :D

• I’m 6 st away 49 and fed up

• I started my weight loss when I was 49. 6 stone can seem like a huge mountain. Why not break it into smaller chunks? Try for a stone initially? You can't make it happen quickly, it just doesn't work like that.... promise you! Make it too difficult and you'll fall by the wayside as it's too much like hard work!

Do you enjoy cooking? When I started on my journey I found lots of new recipes to try out.... that was the first stage..... it took me 2.5 years to lose 4.5 stone, which is on average half a pound a week... (although there were bigger losses, some stay the sames and many gains too!)

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, debth, I'm glad you found us. Pineapple27 is absolutely right, you're not eating anywhere near enough and you're hindering your weight loss. Have a look at this, for further explanation

I'm 60 and have lost 7 stone, so it is possible, but you have to do it properly. Starving yourself isn't the way to go.

I can see from your DD entries, that you're eating low fat too. By putting the fat back in, you'll increase your calories, feel more sated and steer clear of the low fat foods, that often have hidden sugars.

We need your starting weight for the stats too, please :)

You can do this and we can help! :)

• Thanks my starting weight was 18st 12 lost 2lb first week then had two weeks of staying put. I’m going eat more this week that is my aim

• Thanks Debth, that's great.

Good luck! Just by adding full fat milk, yoghurt, butter, cream and olive oil, your calories will increase, with no extra bulk :)

• No weight loss this week. On the positive side I have not gained weight.

My dieting over the past 3 decades has usually ended the same way, when I hit the 3 week barrier. I know that only I can alter this situation, so I will double my efforts next week and try to reach 17st.

My wife is getting impatient as I promised her a nice meal out when I reach 17 st.. She will be looking over my shoulder this week to ensure I get back on track.

• Dalgain - why do you stop at 3 weeks? Do you eat the same sorts of foods (get bored of the food), do you feel you're missing out on treats (when everyone else is having them).

Do you log the food you eat?

Forgive these nosey questions - but I know that the reason I've succeeded this time is because I have embraced rather than fought against the changes :-) and many of the changes I have made are now embedded!

• Good luck Dalgain. Keep your eyes on the prize 👀

• Why not join the Daily Diary, Dalgaith, so that we can see what you're eating and maybe help to tweak your menu plans?

I'm with Pineapple27 here, we need more information, to be able to help.

• Hi there. I haven't posted in the Monday group for a few weeks. I think I was last 11st. This week I am 10st 12lbs. So done 2lbs I think. For the last two weeks I have been following the blood sugar diet and have been on 800 calories per day. I did think I'd get a better weight loss for the first week so a little disappointed but the foods good so I'll keep going for the 8 weeks.at very least it will keep my weight down pre Christmas.

On the plus side my waistline is down 2.5 inches and my body fat down which is my main aim.

Good luck k everyone.

• I'm back to the BSD since my return from Athens - hence the weight already vanishing. When I did it last year, I lost 6lbs in the first week... and looking like it will be something like that again (but I have just come back from a holiday - so some of that weight may not be "proper" weight).

I love how the BSD makes me feel - much more energy! I love the challenge of trying to get the most nutritious meals for my 800 cals. I only eat two meals a day and don't snack in between.

Are you drinking a lot of water? That may help?

• I weighed myself on Sunday morning and at that point was down 3lbs but was back up a lb today. I had the cauliflower cheese from the bsd cook book last night which was lovely but felt a bit bloated after. I do quite well with water but I think you're right I probably didn't have enough yesterday. Good luck with your ow n weigh in. X

• Drink more water and you'll see a "whoosh"!

• You were 11st the last time you weighed in, on the 11th September, Nomorexcuses, which give you an average weekly loss of 0.33lbs :)

• For the first 3 weeks I logged all my food on MFP. I used a fitbit blaze to record my activity. Using the info from both sites I filled in the NHS weight loss log sheets diligently for the first 3 1/2 weeks. On the fourth week I seemed to be so busy that I did not set aside the time required to do this and the result was that my diet suffered.

I have refocused from today and I determined to get back on track.

I haven't been missing any foods greatly.

It might not be a scientific diet but all I do is cut out the 3 B's. Bread, biscuits and booze. Works well when I stick to it.

Only other changes I make is to supplement biscuits with fruit and swapping to wholemeal foods such as pasta .

I try to give myself at least 1600 kcals per day.

• That sounds like a good plan! Do you ever feel hungry?

Yes, keeping a record is vital - I still do it, even after 5 years. If I don't, I don't lose weight!

• Can I just say before posting to this thread is turned off what a fab bunch of people you are! There are lots of really supportive and helpful posts here, really touching!

See you all again in a fortnight!

• Evening Pineapple

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Like I said Week 1 was a non--event, but have knuckled down in Week 2 using My Fitness Pal which helps a hell of a lot! So managed to lose one pound, which I'm happy with, slow and steady.

Have also incorporated walking every day if I can, usually 25 minutes at speed, so I'm breathless, also tried a YouTube tutorial this morning on beginners yoga which I enjoyed, trying to strengthen my core to help with occasional niggling lower back pain, we'll see how it goes.

Good luck for everyone embarking on Week 3.

• Well done Redkelly62 you found it! If you are having trouble finding things read your Newbie Club intro again (if you click on your name (highlighted in blue) you can see all your posts and replies)

Failing that, the daily weigh-in is always fairly high up the newsfeed 😊

Very well done on your weight loss, especially after a bit of a blip 😊 successful losers still have these blips but just get back on the wagon

Good luck for next week!

Anna

• We'll be needing your starting weight for the stats, Redkelly.

• Last week (which was my first week) I was 12 stone 10, this week I am 12 stone 7, that's a loss of 3 lb - yay!! I found this group when I started, but couldn't find it last week; let's hope I get better at that ...

• That’s fabulous news Xante

If you are having trouble navigating the forum, see my reply to Redkelly62 above 😊

It is a very busy forum with a lot of features, but we have so many members we need to have a system! 😊

Have a good week!

Anna

• Thanks Pineapple for pointing me in the right direction.

Week 1 was a non-event for me, but I have knucked down in Week 2 and managed to loose 1lb so happy with that, slowly slowly.

Have also started walking most days for 25 minutes till I'm breathless, hope this helps with the weight loss and fitness, well it can't do any harm, onwards and upwards, here's to a better Week 3.

• Well done, with the weight lose

• Brilliant loss and well done on the walking too!

• You'll always find the daily weigh in under the "OLD weigh-ins" thread... save this link somewhere safe!

• We still need a start weight Redkelly.

• Hi! This is my 1st weigh in. 11 stone 11lbs and 5ft 3inches so I need to shift the excess weight.

• Hello and welcome ninka63 😊. Well done on taking that first, most important step 😊

Have a good week, please just ask if you have any questions

Anna

• As a fellow shorties (and I'm just 4ft 9"!) those extra pounds make a huge difference to us, as we have so little storage space! But I managed to get from 14 stone to 9 1/2 stone - so it's possible!

• Hi, Pineapple27 thank you for hosting this week's weigh in.

Last week I was a returner and weighed in at 12st 7lb and today I am 12st 4 lb giving me a loss of 3lb. I am happy with the loss as I am starting to get to grips with my"grazing habit".

• Wowwweeee Bighi that's brilliant!

• Last week 298.0 lbs

This week 294.2 lbs

This week's loss: 3.8 lbs

Total loss: 16.8lbs (first stone down - just a few more to go!)

• Oh wow, wow wow! moreless - your pom poms are needed here and a badge please?

• Amazing loss and a massive well done on losing your first stone 🙌👌 Looks like you have found your will power 😊 here’s to a fab week next week also 🍀

• Fabulous and an inspiration for us all.

• Woohoo, needwillpower!! WTG you! Pom poms are beside themselves! :)

• Ok first week in and if I am honest there was a few days where I overloaded with calories due to mood and receiving some bad news but I stepped onto the scales anyway and am pleased to sayI have lost 5 lb that's amazing. I am so happy, looking forward to week 2. My goal is simple sticking to 1400 for 7 days and exercising more instead of comfort eating for stress. Thank you all for the support this week. I wish you all a fabulous week ahead.

• Wow Claresusan - that's a brilliant result! Good luck for next week. Keep up the good work!

• Hi, I don't weigh but measure my waist each Monday morning. My goal 11 weeks ago was to lose 8" but to date have only managed 4"- still it's a lot better than none. Am going to do the 12-week NHS plan again as soon as this week is over and have cooked several of the menus linked to it, the prawn jambalaya was favourite.

We agree our daily main meals for a week and shop to meet them, lunches tend to be homemade soup, tinned sardines, omelette, crackers with hummus and or thin slices of cheese, salad in pitta bread as these are generally available and easy to prepare. Our dinners to next Monday are: gammon and pineapple with salad ~400, plus chips for the men; duck breast, boiled potatoes, peas and gravy ~500; chicken and lemon risotto with green salad ~500; lasagne, peas ~500; omelette with smoked mackerel and salad ~750; roast pork, Apple sauce, roast potatoes, greens, Apple Crumble, custard ~1000; cold pork, salad, Apple sauce and salad ~ 500.

My downfall was having more than one glass of wine, now I rarely drink and can just about stop myself from drinking more than one, and if I don't like it, then it either goes back into the bottle or down the sink. Really miss sugar. Loved jam on toast for breakfast but haven't had any since I started.

Good luck everyone. I love reading through the forum in the evening before going out to feed my horses and check that they are okay - but really I am out there stargazing.

Bye,

• 4 inches in 11 weeks is amazing well done

• Why not log your menus on the Daily Diary, overweightrider?

• Opp's forgot to add as newbie. Start weight was 17 st 9lb lost 5lb new weight 17st 4lb.

• Awesome loss there. Well done indeed!

• Better late than never! Lots of work today so posting late.

Weight last week 78.2

Weight this week 76.3

Loss 1.9kg

Happy with loss this week but unhappy that I haven't had a chance to properly participate today in the weigh in and cheer people on. So well done all and good luck for next week.

• You're just in the nick of time, Annafrances :)

Fantastic loss and you can do double cheering next week :)

• Thanks Pineapple27 for hosting today's weigh in and supporting everyone. :)

This weigh in is now closed.

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...