New to this site and 13st 7lbs

I am so unhappy i don't like my weight which means i don't like myself. I don't like the way i look or who i am as a person. I joined the gym 12 months ago and have been going but not regular. what i do is go loads and then have a week where i don't go at all because I don't feel motivated to go. I'm 57 and worried about my health so i need to get healthy so i can hopefully see my grand children. So im going to be on here to give as much support as possible and hopefully get as much as possible from this forum,

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome !!! You have come to the right place. I have lost over 1 stone so far with the support of others. It's the only thing that has helped me do it this time. good luck!

• Hi suecoot and welcome to the forum. I expect one of the administrators will be along soon to welcome you properly, I think MissisB is on duty tonight.

Your post reads like many that have gone before you. You have made the fist step by joining the forum. We are a very friendly and supportive community who do not judge. Take some time to read through lots of the posts, see if there are any challenges that you might like to join that may help to motivate you. The more you get involved in the forum, the more support you will receive. Join a weigh in day for lots of support. We run one each day, today's is Feel Good Friday which you are welcome to come along to before 10pm this evening if you would like to.

Please remember, your weight does not define you. Wishing you good luck on your journey downwards :)

• Great decision to join this forum as there are plenty of people who have the same aim. You will find lots of info and support

Best wishes

• Hi and welcome suecoot :)

You have definitely come to the right place and have made the first biggest step by coming here and posting, well done!!!

You will receive alot of friendly advice and support here and i wish you well with your weight loss journey :)

• Welcome to the site you'll get plenty of friendly advice and encouragement on this site and good luck with your goals x

• Hi and welcome everyone here is so supportive and there's lots of advice to be given😊

Please don't dislike yourself weights just a part of us and yes it can make us unhappy but you are special, unique there's only one of you so do the best you can for yourself and together we can hopefully turn that around👍 I've felt so much better since being on here the support is priceless and as you loose each lb your feelings will change about yourself apart from feeling fitter with more energy.

Lots of advice given already so welcome again today's a new start to a happier you, many challenges to join in if you wish, good luck just shout out if you need help.💐

• Morning suecoot

Welcome to the weight loss forum.

Take a look at the Welcome Newbie post in the Pinned post section at the right hand side or at the bottom if your on a mobile. Have a look at the nhs 12 week plan, many members have had success following this plan. Use the BMI checker to work out your daily calorie allowance. Take your measurements at the start together with a photo so you can see the changes on the days the scales don't move.

Below the Pinned posts are the Topics where members share a range of weight related subjects.

Have a look at the Daily Diary which you can find on the Home page in Events. It is where all the members are sharing their daily plans on what they are eating and any exercise they are doing. This thread will give you some ideas on how to start.

We have daily weigh in's so why not come along and join us today. You can find the weigh ins on the Home page in the Events section on the right. Just click on the post in Events and record your start weight and any loss/gain or maintain for the week.

You may notice that members have a grey box next to their name, these are achievement badges. All new members have a "newbie" badge to begin with.

Please note if you are using the new HU app it does not have all the forums features on it, so we suggest you use the full website version.

To get the most of the forum be active, share tips, recipes and experiences. Read some of the posts they are very motivating.

Have a good first week.

Rose

• Hi suecoot ,

You will get great support and advice on here.

Remember this post and when you look back again see the difference.

I don't like my body ,who does ?

Gary

• First of all pick up chin and walk tall. You have to love yourself in order to makes within yourself. when you wake up stand in the mirror I love myself. It may sound foolish at first before you know it you will have other affirmations to be proud of. And do not wait a year to celebrate people's goals and encouragement for people who are having a bad day or week like I did. I was draining them dry. Now I help on line and do not think of food most times 85-90% of the time. Now I am giving what they gave me. And proud if I can help one person it's just thrilling to me. Just being positive great. Good luck on your journey. I have a feeling you are going to do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome💓

Is there any activity you enjoy?

Maybe a walking group?

• I do enjoy walking and once the children are back to school i will be doing more. i have also found Yoga which i really like and trying to find a weekly class locally.

• Many sports centres and communities have organized walks. You can exercise without realising it!!

Looking forward to the kids going back to school and college too... mine are 21, 20 and 17!!

Best wishes☺

• Don't get down hearted, each day is a new one. Keep to your target for this day and see what happens. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Welcome sue I'm also new and really find this forum the bees knees. I'm 50 and have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. This forum in the few days I've joined has made me believe that changes can be made and that the changes begin within. I was on holiday recently with my grandchildren and couldn't take part in any of their activities which saddens me and I'm determined that my holiday with them next year will be entirely different. When I think about overeating or overspending on food I think about this forum and what others would do in positions where I find myself in and it makes me think and behave differently. It's early days I know but knowing that there are others who have experienced or are experiencing the difficulties I've had with weight keeps me motivated to go on. Believe you'll be well Sue and u will, x

• Thank you for those words of support. i have an underactive thyroid and I'm gluten. dairy and yeast intolerant. I think at the moment I dont eat enough counting calories will be time consuming but hopefully will help.

Sue x

You may also like...