Looking for support buddies - let's do it together

Hi everyone .. seriously on a health & lifestyle change ..... in my life .. 39 and got High blood pressure .. big wake up call ... I need to lose 5 stone and want to get all the tips and anyone else who is on the same journey .. maybe support buddies

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

HealthUnlocked Health Blogger Awards

Which blogger has helped you lose weight or eat healthier?

Vote now

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi and welcome

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), or in the drop down on the 'Posts' page (it says 'arrange by'). Read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

Have a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as many people have had success with it. Also use the BMI (can be found in the pinned Newbie post) to find your target calories, it's important to eat enough. This was a major turning point for me, realising I could eat anything I wanted as long as the calories are accounted for 😊

Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate 😊

To the right of the HOME page (bottom on a mobile), you'll find Events. In there, you'll find links to our daily Weigh-in's (you will choose just one day per week), our Daily Diary, where we post our menu and exercise plans, for accountability, advice and support - which is great to get ideas of what other people are eating and I have to confess to nicking some of their menu's :) and our β€œWhat's happening today” thread, where we pop in for a chat.

Be aware, that the HU app doesn't give you access to all of our important features, so we advise that you use the full website page

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too 😊

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey :)

• Hi Abbstar and welcome to the weight loss forum :)

You will receive lots of friendly advice and support here. We are all on the same journey here, so you are not on your own.

Have you checked your bmi? If not you can go on the NHS calculator and you will also be able to find out how many calories you can have each day.

One of the Administrators will reply to you in due course, with lots of useful information.

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss journey :)

• cracker10 replied before myself :)

• You are up early blackbeauty99 :)

• I haven't even been asleep yet, so i think i'm going to put my head down for a bit :)

• That's not good blackbeauty99 :(

Post again on your last thread if you want some support, or start a new one. πŸ™‚

• I know, trouble is i overthink too much.

I will do a new post later on today, as i had a GP appointment and a few people wanted to know how i got on with it. Thankyou :)

• Hi Abbstar! Personally cheering you up for your goals! 39 is just a number and life can still begin at 40! Just remember to stick with what your doctor is telling you. Try not to eat the food which you know could contribute to your situation. It may take a lot of discipline to stay away from the cravings but the reward that is waiting for you is huge.

Also keep yourself moving. Do some walking even just in your neighborhood area. You can also organize the room, sweep the floor, wash the dishes and all to make you sweat.

Keep us all updated!

• Is like to be in your group, I'm struggling and need to change my lifestyle. This group is great but I have to admit I do struggle finding my way around the site and I can never find the recipe section, although I've been told plenty of times, still looking. Good luck on your journey and I hope I can follow your progress, if I don't get lost on this site 😁

• Hello and welcome

Give me a shout anytime you like.

Nice to meet you.

• Hello there,

I joined on here yesterday so also a Newbie, I also would like to lose 5 stone and would also love to have a support buddy!

I have added you as someone to follow, maybe you could do the same for me.

Hope to hear from you soon and have a great week!

:) x

• Good luck!!!

You may also like...