Confused about calorie allowance

Hi all, I'm a bit confused about how to calculate my daily calorie allowance. I'm 5' 6" with a starting weight of 11st 7lb. I'm on the 6th week of the 12-week plan and lost 10lbs in the first 4 weeks by sticking to 1400 calories a day, swimming 3 x a week and doing some weights on top of the usual daily dog walks. Over the past two weeks I haven't lost any more weight (or inches). Now that I'm just within the healthy BMI range I can't see what my calorie allowance should be on the NHS website. I'd still like to lose a bit more (for my wedding in May next year) so was wondering whether I should reduce my daily calories now that I've lost some weight? Any advice welcome!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Once you get to healthy BMI, the NHS BMI calculator stops advising weight loss, jle36. You might like to find another calculator, such as this one?

tdeecalculator.net/

Well done for your success so far and good luck for the future :)

• That's a really good website 😊

• Thank you for the link. Have checked mine and I need to increase my calories a bit. Will try for this week by adding a small amount of protein and vegetables. My weight has been "stuck" for some time now.

• I wouldn't cut calories any lower jle36

Dont forget there are other measures apart from the scales 😊 You have 10 months so a combination of exercise and eating properly should do the trick 😊

• Thanks both - that's reassuring and the website is very helpful :)

• Good job so far!!!! I found out my maintenance calories but what is it if I want to lose. I'm 5'5 and weigh 177.

You may also like...