Stepped on scales, had a nasty shock!

After suffering a chesty virus for nearly three weeks, which left me feeling de-energised, wheezy (reaching for the Ventolin and I'm not normally asthmatic), and with an annoying cough, I stepped on the scales on Friday and found I had gained three pounds.....

I know that this is not an amazing amount in the grand scheme of things, but in the context of how long it took me to lose them (months, as I was stuck on a plateau for ages), it felt pretty tragic! And isn't it amazing how quickly our fitness dissipates when we take a break from our usual routine?

The good news is that this morning I find that I have knocked two of them off again already, by stopping the comfort eating (chocolate - all gone now!) and restarting the daily exercising. The next step is getting back to the Daily Diary. Just wanted to say how grateful I am that the forum is still here!

Have a good week everyone - I'll be back weighing in tomorrow with the Tuesday Trimmers. :)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well I think you deserve a massive well done for getting straight back on the wagon again! And you've already lost 2 of the 3 - fantastic! - with your positive approach that last extra pound will be history in no time. And who knows, maybe it'll be the shake up you need to get over your plateau. See you tomorrow!

• Thanks JC, I hope you are right. See you tomorrow!

You may also like...