I'm new to the community

Hi everyone, I have tried many ways of losing weight but it all piles back on afterwards. I need to lose weight for my health and so that I can play better with my young grand daughter. I was a skinny child and got used to being able to eat anything that I liked. I guess I need to re-educate myself. Well, this is the first step in the right direction, to get better habits. Fingers crossed and will power at the ready...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome, LuckyLocky :)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread first and move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you :)

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news :)

Have a look at the 12 week plan, as many people have been successful following it. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate :)

Although the majority of our daily weigh-in's are now quite full, we still have some spaces and Sunday's is very quiet, you'd be very welcome to join us. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page, bottom on a mobile.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too :)

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Thanks for the welcome moreless. I'll go for a Sunday weigh-in if that helps, I just need to find out how :)

• Practice trying to find today's, following the instructions I've given you. Shout if you get lost :)

You'll be very welcome at the Sunday weigh-in :)

• Hi, I've been looking around and is there any chance of a newbie badge?!

• Absolutely! :)

• Wow, thank you very much :) :)

• You can do it. You deserve the time and effort it will take to have a healthier life. Go You!

• Thanks Crimson85j. I see you have a 2 stone badge, that's fabulous :)

• Want that 3st one lol

4lbs away - I want it :P

Thanks x

• Sounds to me like you are determined, what a role model :)

• Awww thanks x

• HI and welcome to the forum. :)

Good luck on your journey and I hope you learn and really enjoy having us along for the ride! ;)

Sazkia ♥

• Thanks for your support Sazkia, I'll need it to lose 4 stone too :)

• How much weight do you want to lose? I still have about two stone to go...although I'm less than half a stone away from a healthy BMI I want to lose more so that I'm in my healthy BMI by a good amount. :D

I love the journey I've taken here, people on here have helped me so much and without them I don't think I would have got quite so far! I'm loads fitter too - today I ran my first 5K!!! :D You have all this to come, you won't recognise yourself in six months time! :)

Sazkia :)

• Losing 4 stone would get me to a healthy BMI but, like you, I would like to get lower so that I am well into the good range, not hovering close to the top. :)

Well done on running your first ever 5K, that is a great achievement! :D

Six months time... I wonder what it will be like???!! :)

• Stay around and find out!!! ;)

• Good plan :D

• hi luckylocky and welcome. this is the best place I have found to get help getting healthy which is what I think losing a little weight means. better habits is the way to go, remembering it is not a diet to stick to but a way of life. I am here again to start over again so I know how hard it is to begin. once you start, if you follow your will to be healthy for your granddaughter and yourself, you will get fit and healthy again. I recommend checking this sight and posting often, as it is the best thing I found to lose weight and keep going strong. I love the support you get from all the people here and it has helped me tremendously in the past which is why I am back now. welcome, and good luck!

• Thanks katy9617. I love all the support that you get from people who have similar goals to yourself :)

You may also like...