Forever? Forever......ever?

Hi, I'm Sarah a complete newbie....joined today.

Just a quickie to introduce myself. My weight loss journey began last February when I moved house and joined a new doctors surgery. I was told that I needed a routine medical check in order to be moved from my previous doctors.

In no uncertain terms the nurse who did my medical (who was lovely....but honest) told me that I was well into the obese category and that I should consider losing weight. I was beside myself...I had always been big since childhood and never really saw a massive issue in it. But the word 'obese' was a wake up call for me.

Since that date I have lost two stone so far, and am continuing on my journey. I came across this site this morning whilst looking for inspiration.....im so glad I found it. Everyone seems so friendly and welcoming.

If I lose another 10lbs I will be within a healthy B.M.I...for me this is a huge milestone and I will do whatever it takes to get there......and stay there....forever!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi SarahL83

Welcome to the weight loss forum. Take a look at the "Welcome Newbies" post in the pinned post section on the right hand side or a the bottom if your on a mobile. The post has links to the nhs 12 week plan and a BMI checker to work out your daily calories.

Feel free to join in with any challenges also in the pinned post section.

Our weigh-ins run from Monday to Saturday. Monday's in full at the moment but please feel free to join in with any from Tuesday to Saturday.

Have a good first week.

Rose

• Thanks.

I have put my name down to be weighed next Saturday......fingers crossed.....I've reached a bit of a plateau recently.

Thanks again, Sarah

• You look great and hope you achieve your goal!

• Thank you....me too!

• Very well done on losing two stone! That is an amazing achievement 😊

There are a few posts about plateaus, but for me it was a question of going right back to basics and being 100% strict 😊

I'm in a similar place to you, and it's getting tough losing those last few pounds 😊 But there are a few of us on here and we all support each other 😊

Best wishes

Anna

You may also like...