Determined "this time"!!!

Hi,

Been calorie counting for 4 days as I'm determined to lose weight. After many years off and on trying different eating plans, I feel my head is in the right place ( like it was when I gave up smoking 15 year ago).

The hardest part of eating a healthy and low calorie meal is making them tasty. I can only face one salad a week but you have to buy so many " bits" to go on it and most of the time it gets wasted. Anyway, I seem to have coped up to now but will have to check out the recipes on here. I don't want to look at another " diet" book again!

Good luck everyone!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Mojomax,

Great to hear you've been focusing for the past 4 days, and hope it's going well so far. Have you seen our Recipe posts collation? Here's a link incase you want to have a look, and also look in the Topics section too - lots more there as well.

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Wishing you a great week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• Thank you I'll take a look :)

• 4 days for me too. Good luck!

• I've just had a fish called Basa from Sainsburys, done in a sort of lightly spiced breaded coating. Never had it before - it was very very tasty. Just had to heat it up. Had it with peas and would buy it again.

Ham omelette for breakfast and scrambled eggs for lunch.

• There's more to life than salads! Stews and casseroles and stir fries are great for using up vegetables and you can make the dishes low cal. I use MFP's recipe creator to work out the calorie content. I also use those airtight pots of 250 gram (you can get from a pound shop) to measure out the portions so I don't overdo portion size.

You may also like...