Most of us have yo-yoed on our journey to lose weight. So we know the good feelings when things are working, as well as the depression when they're not. Here are a few little and light-hearted things that make the struggle worth while
- When your wedding ring fits again (and you don't have to inch it painfully over that knuckle with the help of soap!)
- When you're out walking in summer and realise when you look down that your huge belly no longer sticks out further than your boobs!
- When you can drink wine or eat a huge meal without fear of indigestion/heartburn
- When you no longer snore (I claim I never snored)
- When you come back elated from a run, on a high because you were fast and a guy delivering pizza to your neighbours is really happy for you. After a short conversation he says "great body" (not true, but made me laugh!)
- When you can run for the bus without getting out of breath
- When you can - almost - keep up with your marathon-running friends when you all go hiking in the Alps
And the classics
- When people comment on your weight loss, or ask how you did it
- When favourite clothes fit again
- When all the medical problems have vanished at your next check-up
Everyone will have their own list. There's a thousand other things which are better when you're lighter. Those are a few of mine. But I still have a way to go......