Around the World in 80 Days - Please post your kms/steps/miles for FRIDAY 22 January (Part 1)

Around the World in 80 Days - Please post your kms/steps/miles for FRIDAY 22 January (Part 1)

Dear Travellers,

Once we have enjoyed the delights of snorkelling and swimming with the elephants, this afternoon we are going to be staying on Havelock Island resort (east of Great Andaman). It has a beauty spa with plenty of massages, pedicures, manicures and facials for you to sample. Or you can just relax on the sun lounger with a good book.

Tonight on the dancefloor we are having Salsa lessons and then dancing to Ricky Martin. He is a fine specimen of a man and knows how to flirt - just what we need on a Friday night. Your favourite cocktail will be served how you like it. Cocktails and hips shaking all evening :D :D

We are now on Day 28 of our voyage around the world. This week there have been some amazing results from you all - lets keep it up for the rest of the week. Great if everyone can keep posting on Saturday and Sunday.

Happy Travels everyone :) :)

165 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I'd like to be dancing WITH Ricky Martin please... :-D

• Me too! I've got a speed wobble on just thinking about it!! :D

• My turn now thanks lucca, hold my drink please :)

• Get back you lot - he's mine. We are having a long sloooowwww dance and may be some time ;-)

• Soooooooo selfish! :P

• Laughing out loud! πŸ˜„

• 3kms for today Friday 22nd.

• That's a great number qd! :)

• Wonderful picture. The huts look inviting. Is that part of India?

9km today.

• It is arbitdude :)

Fantastic number :)

• Hi Lizzy, Moreless & Everyone,

Just 2.57 km of walking today (Friday 22nd January 2016) for me. Hope to do better over the weekend.

Love the scenery and looking forward to the dancing tonight!

Lowcal :-)

• There's no 'just' Lowcal, all K's are good K's ;)

You can only do what you can do :)

So am I if Lucca will get her grubby mitts off Ricky Martin! :D

• Noooooo, is she still slow-dancing with him? That must be hours now...! :-)

• Like I said! Sooooooooo selfish! :D

• lol :-)

• Moreless Lucca and Lowcal - honestly this is too funny.I really do feel like I am sat at a table with you at the edge of the dance floor. All glammed up, chatting and scowling across at lucca and Ricky!

Stop now my sides are hurting and my cough cannot cope!! 😊

• Tra la la - tra la la - tra la la........ I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night....

• But poor Ricky's having to go to counselling now!

• It's purely platonic - honest :-)

• I'm sure they said that Ricky was catatonic! ;)

• Anyone who has seen him shake those hips KNOWS that's not true :-)

• It better be lucca - or his boyfriend wont be very impressed!!!

only 2km today- still feeling a bit pants

• No no - it seems I'm in with a chance again these days :-D

torontosun.com/2016/01/21/r...

• It seems you maybe right!

• lol :-)

• I heard tell he was very liberal minded ;)

2K is a great number when you're feeling rough :)

• Thanks moreless- only had 2 hours sleep so do I get a brownie point?!!

• Oh absolutely MR and a blueie point and a pinkie point and a greenie....................;)

• Actually sod the points I want the brownie ; )

• hahahahahahaha! :D

• I am posting for thu 21 did I miss it ? 8987 steps which included 2.6mile walk and 1 hour dancing .I also swam o.5 mile and so far this week have only lost 0.25 lb so a bit depressed

• I can't remember Lizzie, but Lizzy will know :D

Don't get depressed, my weight loss has changed too, but I'm losing inches. Have you measured yourself?

• Yes you did miss Thurs πŸ˜±πŸ˜ƒ

• 10121 steps and 0.5 mile swim this included 2.7 mile walk and an hour dancing sorry its late

• I've only just found you Lizzie! :)

• everything is lose so that's a good sign.

• That's the best sign. The weight is just a number, but the figure says it all :)

• God i need a bloody long island iced tea after the day I've had- now Lucca play nicely and take your paws off that bronzed specimen - sharing is caring ; )

• Shan't :-( :-D

• You're shameless woman!! ;)

• Right moreless- grab her by the wings - Lucca your going to the naughty step (or whatever the bat equivalent is?!)

• We have naughty trees...

Me & Ricky, sitting in a tree.... K - I - S - S - I - N - G :-P

• The vampire's kiss of death! :D

• Enough already...am rolling about the bed here!! My sides are aching.

• I have done 6 km on cross trainer and 3.7 on treadmill. Looking forward to my swim tomorrow.

• Wow Aqua, you're really going for it! :)

• Just a quickie as off to Edinburgh today did 7.5 kms, and will pledge 7.5 for sat and Sunday!!!

Will catch up Sunday night πŸ˜ƒ

' livin la vida loco' lolπŸ’ƒπŸ»

πŸ˜‡

• What a star Flossie! Have a smashing time :)

• 12.5kms for Thursday. Love Ricky Martin - let's get our groove on!

• Great number Saga, but Lucca won't share Ricky! :)

• 6.85 miles

Ricky has just seen me hula hooping and wants me to teach him. He thinks I have fab hip action so it would be rude not to...

• Great number K_o_g, but get to the back of the queue! ;)

• THERE IS NO QUEUE !! B*gg%r off... :-)

• Too late, you'll have to wait. We might be a while...

• Tut tut, all these grown women (and bats) squabbling over a man. Obviously all this weight loss is making us all feel frisky (or is spring approaching?). I think it's going to have to be a boy band that plays for us tomorrow night, or we need some more men going round the world with us😎 Only to dance with, of course.

17.3 km today. Frozen solid from my walk back from work (it's MINUS 5 out there). Must have burnt a few calories it's so cold! there's certainly plenty of burning material round my tummy so my body had plenty of opportunity to use it.

I shall now luxuriate in the sun on my deckchair (have to pull my stomach in), with a cocktail in my hand, warming up and looking forward to seeing you all battle it out for Ricky Martin😈

• Woohoo! Great number JC, you are smoking!! :)

Don't worry, the squabbling will be over soon, because Ricky's after the barman :D

• 8.5 miles for me today. Big walk in lots of sun but nothing like the Andaman Islands. Salsa tonight I love it. What a great challenge this is.

• You had sun today Florence? You lucky thing! :)

It's a fab challenge, with something exciting to look forward to every day

That's a huge number! Well done you and see you on the dance floor :)

• Ha-ha, all this Ricky Martin banter is funny!

I combined a lot of cardio with my strength training today and totalled 16.86Kms. With so much walking recently, I have worn a hole in my Odour Eaters, lol!

• Don't encourage Lucca, she's getting too big for her wings ;)

A humungous number and stinky feet to boot :D

• hi Lizzy a very bad day today only did 943 steps, very poorly Alan x

• Hi Alan, Just wanted to say 'hello' - sorry to hear you're not feeling so good, but you've done really well to do those 943 steps when you're not feeling well. Really good.

Take care,

• hi lowcal how are you my friend, its lovely to hear from you and like moreless says every one counts but like i've just said it depends on how long my knees hold out and then its wheel chair take care lovely to speak to you again my friend Alan xx

• Take care Alan, and hope you have a good weekend.

• hi lowcal hope your weekend is a good one Alan xx

• Thanks Alan, I hope you have a good one too - I really like weekends. :-)

• hi lowcal do you get a laying at weekends take care your friend always Alan xx

• Hi Alan,

A little bit, but I usually get up reasonably early, as I like to make the most of the day Alan.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend and feeling a bit better today.

Take care,

• hi lowcal apart from the pain in my hips, knees and spine and from everywhere that i got pain i'm having a good weekend, i know that sounds odd but so am i take care enjoy whats left speak to you soon Alan xx

• Oh Alan, I am sorry to hear you've had a horrid day, but be proud of those steps, because every step counts :)

• hi there i know everyone counts as well as the pain, how long i would be able to walk depends when my knees give way then its wheel chair for the rest of my life. but many thanks may i say this even through my steps wasn't many you still say the same and never pull me down, i know you wouldn't but there are many in the world that would. many thanks Alan

• The way I see it Alan is, there but for the grace of God, go I.

• hi there, something on the same level and its the love of god that keeps me going, i know he's not far from each of us and he helps us when were down take care send my distance in later speak to you later Alan

• I'll look forward to hearing from you, Alan.

• hi there please can i know your first name please, and if you don't mind, today miserable distance was only 672 steps, not really having much luck at the moment, full of cold pain up to my eyes balls, ready for scrap yard take care Alan

• Hi Alan,

I hope you won't take offence, but I don't give my name on the forum, because I like the anonymity it gives me.

Please don't take this personally, it's just one of my rules :)

I want you to take heart, because every one of those steps means you're still walking and not confined to a wheelchair.

I'm sure that there are other members that can't manage as many and would give their eye teeth to be able to do 672 steps :)

Always look on the bright side of life (do you remember the Monty Python song?) :)

• hi there no that's find i fully understand and never take offence may be a gate post (that's a joke), no i do understand you, because someone once asked my for my picture and because i was getting a lot of stick from my ex-misses i don't put it on, i did send the person a pm with my photo, but that's ok with me truly. i am grateful at the moment that my legs via my knees are still working, i just think back to when i was young at playing football right up until i was 42 years old, when you suffer from depression its hard some days and ok the next, just ignore me if i moan now and again. but many thanks to you and the rest of my friends on the forum for the love you show and kindness take care Alan

p.s the monty python was it always look on the bright side of life.?

• Take a look at this Alan, it never fails to put a smile on my face :)

• hi there i was right the song did put a smile on my face. thank you Alan

• Hey I'm sorry for late posts, I've had a broken phone and just collected from Apple doctor at an expensive cost!

Tuesday 7.4km

Wednesday 12.4km

Thursday 10.9 km

Friday 6.2 km

So sorry for letting travellers down :(

Carol xx

• Cazmaz! We've been worried about you. I've been trawling through the threads looking for you, in case I'd had a blowout of the brain! :)

You've let nobody down, we're just glad you're ok. Sorry about the phone though :(

Fantastic numbers, well worth waiting for :)

• Thanks moreless!! :) back onto daily logging!! Xx

• Thank goodness, we like to keep everyone together :)

• Friday; cycling 3.5km, dog walking 1.3km

• Well done Concerned :)

• Mini stepper - 1.5k

Dog walk - 5.2k

Slow dancing with Ricky - 20k

(One of those may not be true ;-) )

• I told you he only had eyes for the barman! :D

You've got your mini stepper! How is it? Did you manage to balance ok? :)

I'm getting a rowing machine tomorrow, courtesy of a win on a scratch card! I knew 2016 was going to be a good year :D

• I can make cocktails ;-)

Mini stepper is great (got the replacement one today). Balance is all ok - did 20 minutes watching Frasier this morning. Not quite sure how to convert the steps into km, but with some careful measuring with the ruler and waving my fingers in the air to see which way the wind blows, I've decided that 3000 steps = 1.5k :-)

Oooh - a rowing machine. How cool is that :-) I used to be a member of a rowing club on the Forth in Stirling. It was bloomin' freezing - but rowing is a really good workout !

• Oh no! I did a great long reply and it's vanished! :(

I think we ought to award you step for step Lucca, so your distance for the stepper, should be 2.25K's :)

I learn something new and exciting about you every day! :)

I'm not sure how I'll cope with getting on and off the thing yet, it's so low, never mind actually rowing, but I desperately need to do something about my bingo wings! :o

• dailyburn.com/life/fitness/...

The thing to make sure is that you get the technique right - almost straighten your legs before pulling in your arms (see #3 on the above link). Otherwise it's not good for your back :-O

• That's another reply I've lost!

Thanks a lot for the tip, because if there was a wrong way to do it, you could guarantee I'd find it! :o

• 4.55km completed today.

• Well done Gill :)

• 11k for me today. Succumbed to Chocolate peanuts so had to walk the calories off.

• Oh lol henlady! :D Bad for the weight loss, but great for the challenge! :)

• Hi everyone managed 9.66 k today despite the rain - looks like we're all getting the bug looking at the consistently high scores.

• We're all hooked on clocking up the K's Beryl and you obviously are too! :)

• 7.5km for me today, mostly work 😊

Lucca, you just dance the night away with Ricky - I've got a rendezvous at sunrise, when bats return to hang in their trees βœ΄πŸŽΆπŸ’ƒπŸ˜

• Well done Elissy, for the K's and for foiling Lucca! :D

• 😎

• D'you think he'll still have much energy though, or maybe he'll be ready for a little snuggle in a tree as well ! ;-)

• He's not as batty as you! :)

• ....... oh you're really not playing fair 😭

• 9.5km today could do with a pedicure!! X

• Oh me too Claire, do you think they've got a black and decker sander? :D

Fantastic number :)

• Lol!! X

• Oh crumbs, I've obviously had too many cocktails. I forgot to log my own K's! :)

Ricky Martin's turned Lucca's head Lizzy, I think she's definitely been shaking her hips waaaaaay too much! :D

My trusty bike and I have clocked up 16.2K's today :)

• Well done moreless, great number

• Thanks Elissy :)

• Hi Lizzy, great night planned looking forward to hearing Ricky Martin. My kms today 22nd are 2.36. Have a great weekend everyone.

• Well done Marianne, you have a great weekend too :)

• 10.3km for me today I also did 50 floors on the stepper machine but it doesn't count in in distance only floors climbed :(

• How many steps to a floor RAF_girl, we may be able to salvage something from all that hard work :)

• If I have worked it out correctly there are 12 steps to a floor and for 50 that's 600 steps which is 0.28 miles (couldn't find it in km) :)

• A rounded 9 kms for me today. Feeling pleased to have managed this whilst having visitors. Snow finally cleared so aiming for double figures in the next couple of days. Off to try the salsa dancing πŸ‘ 

• Yaay Bu-dog! :)

• 4.2k for me today.

• Well done Phil :)

• For me today it's a 7.32km .

πŸ˜‡πŸ˜†πŸ˜‡πŸ˜†πŸ˜‡πŸ˜†

• Woohoo DW :)

• 3.36 km today

• Well done Britdiane :)

• 7.14 for today

15.42 for yesterday (revised total)

Hope you're all well, hopefully I'll get chance to catch up soonπŸ˜€

• Wow jal! Fab numbers :)

• 6.29km today, ok with that as very busy day and very poor weather.

• I'm more than ok with that Determined :)

• Evening all 6.43 km for me today and I'm very happy today as managed to get to boots to weigh myself and my total loss for jan so far is 9lb so far so good πŸ’ƒπŸ‘

• Woohoo for the K's and the 9lbs Es! :)

• ...so, lessons in flirting will be very welcome! I just found a new way to lose weight! My crown fell out! Tooth that is, the tiara is still in place, obvs πŸ˜€

So total walking today 7.9km; total running up and down in the swimming pool- 40 X 25m lengths which is one more km and please add 6 X 25m of swimming- totally amazing to be able to with frozen shoulder it must must must be getting better!!!

Totally love where we are staying at the mo by the way πŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ½πŸŽ‰πŸŒŸπŸ πŸ³πŸ˜πŸ‘™πŸŒΊβ˜€οΈπŸπŸ‰πŸ„πŸŽ§πŸŽ€πŸ¦πŸπŸŽŠ.....

• Everything's hunky dory except the tooth then rainshine! :)

Hope you were able to get an emergency appointment with your dentist, to get it stuck back in :)

• Hi all,

Ricky Martin, yeh! 8.3km for today.

Love salsa so looking forward to that

• Great total Ruth :)

• Yeah 3.6 km today. This feeling ill is messing with my exercising. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :-D

• You can only do what you can do 20voices, it takes time to get back to fighting fitness, but I'm sure when you are, you'll put us all to shame :)

• Thanks, every little step helps. :-D

• 16km for today

• Woohoo prettylady, that's a fab number :)

• Hi there all 😊

Friday =2.3 km.

I wish you all a lovely weekend πŸ˜ƒ

• Thank you veganista and right back at ya :)

You're still doing well :)

• I'm gonna have a quiet weekend and I must get packing some boxes for moving house. I've done one this morning and that's me pooped for today so I'm going to have a nice sleep this afternoon πŸ˜ƒ

• Just 5220 steps yesterday, hopefully more today β˜€οΈ

• All steps count Fran :)

• 5.32 kms for me.

• The temptation to write well done Don is overwhelming ;)

Yippee Don! :D

• 13239 steps = 9.93k as per FitBit

Also covered 20km in a spin class

Total: 29.93k

Really enjoying the journey, it helps me to keep moving during the day and it helps me beat my work colleagues on the FitBit challenge too!! :)

• The promise of good things to come is a great carrot Lexi and a little bit of competition is healthy :)

• Wow Lizzy, another amazing picture, and description of our journey, ah well we're allowed to dream 😊9.93km for Friday

• If we didn't have our dreams keep-on, life would be very mundane :)

Fab number! :)

• Hi didn't get out Friday so just 3.3km pottering about the house.

• That's a lot of pottering Mimsta! :)

• 3km for Friday. Hope for more today.

• I'll bet you'll smash those K's out today Frankie, but yesterday's were great too :)

• Morning,

4.82km walk and 8km cycling so total for Friday is 12.82km πŸ˜€

• Yaaaay kars! That's terrific! :)

• Morning. my fitbit say I did 3.6 km yesterday (friday) sadly I didn't wear it all day as the battery needed charging. battery only last a day or two at the most. really annoying as it claimed that it should last 7 days😠

• Oh phooey Carpo, these gadgets are great when they're working, but a pain when they're not :X

• 7.25km for me! Considering that I didn't mean to walk it is a really good result!

• Yeehah diadhuit, what a very happy accident :D

• Trust me to be confined to quarters when Ricky is on board! Sobbing audibly.

I am so poorly.😒 upper and lower respiratory infections.

Not sleeping and in bed all day yesterday. After a worse night last night, I feel I will be in bed all day again today.

I only got out to the doctor's yesterday and with a few trips up and down stairs I covered 2.6km.

I promise I will make up for it as soon as I am back to normal.

The plus side is I am still off the alcohol and it is giving me time to read 'the sweet poison plan'. Every cloud. 😊

• Hi Asics,

Hope you get better soon, look after yourself and keep warm and hydrated.

Take care,

• Oh asics, poor you. How grim it is to feel so awful :'(

Give yourself plenty of TLC and come back to us fit and healthy, because we miss your bubbly persona :)

• Hi all

5 km on the exercise bike for me on 22nd.

Best wishes

Steve

• Well done Steve :)

• 6.7 km for me on Friday πŸ˜„

• Brill lynalla! :)

You may also like...