Still going, almost strong!

Now into week 2, and feeling pleased that I coped with 5days at a music festival without going too far off track ☺ I allowed myself more calories than 1400 and carried on writing down every single thing I are even tho I couldn't weigh things out. The most I ate was 1800 (i think) Cal's on one day which doesn't feel too bad. That's an area I've noticed before, when I think I have 'blown' my good intentions I tend to give up and this time I managed to keep it in proportion. I am also delighted that I haven't sunk into misery with my second twisted ankle in just over 2 weeks, yes both ankles! At least the first one is healing well, ho hum. It just makes it hard to be active but I can ride my bike at least, that's not so painful. So, just pressing on. Oh and I watched someone eat a Danish pastry beside me and afterwards I realised it hadn't made me think "I want one"! Yeay, success ☺

10 Replies

• Hi Sv123,

Sounds like you've had a good week, coping with the 5 days at the Music Festival without going too far off track, that's really good! Sorry to hear you've twisted both your ankles, that is awful. At least one is healing, and hopefully the other one will catch up. At least you can ride your bike ok. :-)

Well done for passing on the Danish pastry as well - it can be tough when you see someone nearby eating something you fancy.

Wishing you another great week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal, yes seeing food can really trigger the desire to eat it - I did the What's the Right Diet for You test following the TV prog at Xmas and found out I am predominantly a 'constant craver' and it was helpful to find that out. Just knowing it means I can try to 'head it off at the pass' before I respond automatically if that makes sense ☺

• Hi Sv123,

I saw that TV programme at Christmas too - it was interesting. I can't remember what category I fell into!

Heading it off at the pass sounds a good strategy! It does make sense.

Hope you have a great week.

Lowcal :-)

• That brilliant, it's very hard to change habits of a lifetime so well done for all your hard work this week. Be careful you don't push your ankles too hard and slow recovery.

Have a great week keep the faith.

• Thanks for your support ☺ and you're right, I'll take care of my ankles

• Have a fab careful week !!

• I went to Glastonbury part way through my 12 weeks and it didn't seem to harm me too. I think dancing must burn a lot of cals. Speedy recovery and good luck for the week ahead :)

• Thanks!

• Firstly, thats is SUCH a bigger about your ankles - how frustrating.

Nice one on not wanting the pastry - sounds like your head is in the game and i hope your ankle(s) just get over themselves and behave! :)

• Thanks Dave1961, yes injury is a pain! Literally! You're right about the head needing to be in the right place, I think it's key to success. I suppose the trick is keeping imotivated and that is definitely helped by this network, it's great to feel so supported. Thanks ☺

You may also like...