Taking a challenge

I'm 45 n I weigh almost 85 kgs , I've been on n off diets for long I VE been this way for past 10 yrs I think it's high time I took care of my health I m a 100/ vegetarian . I plan to start my 12 week challenge from tomorrow. I need everyone's support to keep me motivated . Anyone in the same catogery too pls get in touch so we can get each other motivated and stay on track

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Teju-

It's never too late ;)

Best of luck with your weight loss :)

I'm not a vegetarian, but don't eat a lot of meat - I tend to struggle to get enough protein - risking loosing muscle rather than body fat. But I'm sure being a vegetarian you know your way around that :)

Good luck!

• Thank you

• Good luck on your journey and look forward to your posts, I think this 12 week challenge is fab

• Hi I've just started the 12 week. challenge too! Fed up with going back and forth to ww and can't afford to rely on them all my life!!

I weighed myself in boots and got a shock when it said I was nearly 13 stone and 42% fat! Good luck, we can do it!

Lisa week 1- 12.12

• Thank u so much u ppl are inspiring me

• Hey!

I wish I could complain I have 85 kilos. I used to complain about this last year, now I complaining about 100kg :( and I'm 27 years old. I don't even know when and how it happened. I try to eat healthy and I don't exercise much, but I try to walk as much possible and planning to join some sort of exercising km group. Anyway I have some resolutions for this year (first year I actually made a list). Until now the only one that I've kept is my loosing weight plan. I want to lose 30kg by the end of the year and never worry that I will put them back, so I want to change my lifestyle forever. I've started with small steps. I gave up refined sugar and my initial goal is all month of January sugar free. I try to eat less and only home cooked by myself, I've decided to have 1-2 days a week I eat only raw food. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat meat more than once a week or maybe once at every 2 weeks and most of the time is chicken breast. My snacks most of the time are fruits so I satisfy my needs of sugar and sometimes nuts or dried fruits such as prunes or raisins. I have breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner most of days, but I should probably get 2 snacks a day and eat less for lunch. A snack consist in 1 orange or 1 banana or 2 clementines. I drink oolong tea as well, it supposed to help me lose weight. I don't feel any effect from it, but I need to drink more than 2l of liquid per day anyway and I think drinking hot tea after every meal helps the digestion. I also have a tea before eating anything else in the morning. Hot tea with lemon it supposed to help purifying your body. If I could lose 4 kg per month my goal will be achieved in 7-8 months and I would be very happy. I think is the first time I'm actually being realistic, usually if I wouldn't lose nothing in one week I will get frustrated and depressed and gave up. Ohh and one more secret I only weight and take pics of myself once a month to check my progress...can't wait for 1st of February... I know they have only been 8 days since I don't eat sugar, but I don't feel like I need sugar anymore. I think the worse days have passed and from now I'm safe. I know I wrote you a novel not just an advice, but this is what helped me this time, it is different than all the other times I've started and never actually achieved my goal.

PS: In order to control both what I eat and my budget I've started to make a weekly plan. On Saturdays I go to do groceries, but not before I establish my menu for the entire week. I hope what I wrote helps you in some way...GOOD LUCK!

C

• O thank u so much for sharing I'm sure u r on ur way to good health we can do it!

You may also like...