Up and down

So I have been doing this 4 weeks (not as strict as I should) but this is what has happened. Week one lost 2 lbs, weeks two lost nothing, week three lost 2 lbs, week four gained one pound which I have since managed to loose. So I've lost 4lbs in 4 weeks!

I realise that when I stick to around 1400 cals I do loose weight but it is at the weekend when I don't calorie count that I often gain them back. While really looking forward to Christmas with my family in Ireland I am quite concerned that all my (sort of) good work over the last weeks will be nullified. I suppose I will just have to continue calorie counting. Any other tips?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well at least you aren't putting it so far on during the festive season! I am hoping to be good on the days when I can over Christmas, and hopefully that will balance out with the days when it's too hard to be good! I have been doing the 5:2 for nearly four weeks. Lost 5lb in first three weeks but after some partying, I found I've put nearly two back on! But I'm trying not to be too disheartened by thinking how much worse it would be if I weren't doing the 5:2! I am back on track today keeping to my 500 cal. Hang on in there and good luck. X

• Thanks Fabfrankie! We can do this!!!!

• Why use the weekends to mess up, you need to plan more! 5.2 works for some, although I stick to 1500 a day , it works, find takeaway style swaps and learn not to go mad at weekends

You may also like...