Anyone take a high dose of sertraline for... - My OCD Community

My OCD Community

4,262 members1,923 posts

Anyone take a high dose of sertraline for OCD

Hidden profile image
Hidden

I am taking 150 mg of sertraline for real event ocd. It does seem to tame the constant thoughts a bit. Anyone else take this high of a dose? Thanks,

12 Replies

My 22-year-old daughter takes 300 mg of Sertraline (Zoloft) and she is doing very well on it.

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to trailwalker53

Thank you....glad she is doing well.

trailwalker53 profile image
trailwalker53 in reply to Hidden

Thanks. At first we thought that 300 mg was too high of a dose, but it is really making a difference for her. I wish you well also

I am taking the max of Zoloft and feel they’re only putting a small dent in my ruminating.

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to bulldog71

Are in therapy? I am trying emdr to help ‘file’ my thoughts away and stop the ruminating. Unfortunately, I also take a small amount of klonopin to dull the anxiety.

Yeah, I’ve tried EMDR and can’t multiple times with no results. My psychiatrist now thinks it’s all physiological. It seems the only thing that helps is medication. God bless.

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to bulldog71

It’s a tough way to live. Personally, I was never like this so it is not a chemical imbalance .... though I do take medication. I hope you find something that gives you relief.

bulldog71 profile image
bulldog71 in reply to Hidden

Thank you. You too.

I take 200 and Lamictal added helped even more

I was doing well on 325mg. but the side effects were awful. Constant dizziness and horrible nite mares. I fell down a couple times. So now I'm on 75mg. and doing ok on a higher dose of Lamictal.

Yes I take 150mg of sertraline and it helps a little with ruminations.

Yes I take 150mg of sertraline and it helps a little with ruminations.

You may also like...