Hi! I am a graduate student with OCD from the US. I'm researching the cause and what developmental phase of an individual's life might be partially repsonsible for causing OCD, from a psychoanalytic point of view. I know that my OCD makes me LOVE completing surveys and questions, so if yours does too, answer these if you please! All of these are of course voluntary! Feel free to respond in the forum or by private message. Or if you don;t want to, thanks for reading this far! Thank you so much!!!
1. Do you remember, or were you told, that you had difficulty toilet training? If so, care to elaborate?
2. Do you often believe or feel like others are out to get you, bother you, or intrude in your affairs? If so, care to elaborate?
3. Do you find your emotions easy to name and/or notice? Care to elaborate?
4. Was discipline by your primary caregiver(s) meted out consistently and fairly? Elaborate?
5. Do you harshly criticize yourself? When, why?
6. Do you often feel overwhelmed by emotions, or do they feel like they blindside you?
7. Did you find, or do you now, that your caregiver(s) were cold, distant, or avoidant with you?
8. Does other people experiecning strong emotions overwhelm you or make you anxious?
9. Do you hide your symptoms form others? Care to elaborate?
None of this info will be directly quoted in any article, paper, or other source. It is just to get an idea of other people's experiences with this disorder, so my personal experience doesn't too heavily color my theory Thanks again!