I have been suffering from mental health problems for 30 years

Find it difficult to keep my head above water. I have very low esteem. Never been in a relationship with a woman .in its am constantly thinking about ending my life. I have always wanted to live a life. I have a permanent job that I have been in for 30 years I need help in all parts of my life. Or please advice. I'am a generous very polite and down to earth person. . Can anyone please give me some advice

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello & Welcome :-)

Have you ever spoken to your Doctor about how you feel or are you getting any support of any kind

If you are then I would suggest you let them know it is not working and if you have never spoken to your Doctor then now is the time you should :-)

30 years is a long time to have been suffering but by taking this first step to join a Community and share how you are feeling shows that deep down you want to change and well done taking this step :-)

Members as they come on will give you better advise but just wanted to let you know you are not alone :-)

Take Care x

• Hi Ossie...tell me about your low self esteem and why you want to end your life since you want to live it?.

• Tried everything to try and help myself but as i'am getting older really feel as if I have had enough .I live on my own . So that doesn't help. Feel really alone

• I understand, I have lived like this for the magority of my life too. In the past two years I have been on 60mg of Cymbalta everyday and oh what a difference. I suggest you talk to your doctor about it. 😀

• Ah bless you Ossie, you sound and look like such a nice and sensitive guy. I personally find the work situation very difficult so you must have a lot of positive qualities to be able to sustain work in that way over a 30 year period. Being generous, polite and down to earth are all excellent qualities and qualities that would be appreciated by any nice woman. Maybe you need to branch out a bit and ask a lady for a coffee one of the days just as a friend?

Are there any support groups or social groups you go to where you could maybe experiment with asking a lady for a coffee outside of the group one of the days? It doesn't have to be a romance. Just a nice pleasant friendship/companionship appreciated by both parties. Also by the way,

Keep going, you are doing well,

Gemma XX

• Thanks for that Gemma I an quite shy so it will take a lot of courage from me. Thanks for your reply

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained :) Take courage and give it a go but be prepared to try again if it doesn't work out first time or second time; you just need to persevere and gradually you will get confident.

You may also like...