Marathon Running and Race Support
791 members • 1,503 posts

Passing another milestone

Passing another milestone

Well actually fourteen to be exact. This morning I completed my first half marathon distance during training at a pace of six minutes 25 seconds a kilometre. All in all I completed 22.11km, something to which I’ve been building for a few weeks.

I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of the aftermath but apart from some pain in my calves it hasn’t been to bad. Really pleased to be progressing :) 🏃🏼

7 Replies
oldest • newest

Wow - really well done Gary and a really fast pace too. I am hoping to get to this milestone in the coming weeks as well.

1 like

Nice one! what was your training plan like?

1 like

Hi, to be honest it looks pretty similar to the one you posted with the addition of a couple of recovery weeks put in every fourth or fifth week. I run three times a week, cross train on a bike twice and have two rest days

Well done. 💪👍✔️

You don’t have to run the whole distance in training though. 18k should be sufficient before the big day. Assuming you’re planning a race that is 🙂

1 like

Congratulations! That's a brilliant pace too.

1 like

well done its a great distance and now when your race comes round you know you can do that distance. Now your already for your race and get a great time.

1 like

Wow - heck of a pace for that distance - very well done!

1 like

You may also like...