Update eyelea 4th inj done

Hi guys, just had my 4th eyelea inj. Dr hit a blood vessel so eye has bled . Because I forgot and took my aspirin this morning it has bled quite a bit, showing on the tissue a bit an hour later - my fault!

I'm so relieved it's done. Can go on hols now and relax and hopefully will be able to read by the pool (sight got bad over the last week).

Fingers crossed for everyone x

Not sure when next review will be but I'll report in when I know more.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • sounds good- well done and enjoy your holiday!!

• Hope you have a wonderful holiday, eyesright, and lots of glorious sunshine. Don't forget your sun glasses. x

• Inj working already yippee!

• Eyesright/ I have a question please? Why do you take Asprin? I have read so many times that people with AMD should always avoid Ibuprofen and Asprin as these drugs encourage bleeds. And are definitely not a good idea for AMD because of the blood vessel growth in the eyes. I was wondering if you have been told differently.

• Hi Caroline, I don't have amd.

I had brvo , basically a stroke in the eye, with macular oedema which has persisted.

The aspirin along with other drugs is prescribed for a separate condition which could cause a worse event so I'm between a rock and a hard place!

So I compromise and don't take the aspirin every day.

Hope this makes sense now x

• Thank you for explaining. What a struggle for you. I am pleased the injections help

You may also like...