Hi all - I have very recently been diagnosed with Lupus following a journey last year of 2 miscarriages and a very late stage ectopic pregnancy which very nearly resulted in me losing my life. I was referred to a recurrent miscarriage specialist who put me forward for tests to see whether there was anything underlying - lupus was found.
He has since referred me to a rheumatologist who wrote back saying I should see a haematologist instead (*rolling eyes*) - I just want some answers.
We are desperate to start trying for a baby again but I obviously don't want to do this until I have seen a specialist to talk about treatment.
Google isn't providing me with many answers so I wanted to chat with people who have experience with the condition (No friends/family suffer with it).
Some questions I have:
- What specialist have you been referred to?
- What treatments have you been offered?
- How has this affected pregnancies / have you needed to do anything different?
- How does this affect you in your day to day life?
- Anyone else experience extreme insomnia? I am literally getting about 2/3 hours sleep per night and I just can not take it anymore!
Any help greatly appreciated