London Lupus Information Day - 5th October 2019 - LUPUS UK

LUPUS UK
24,244 members19,612 posts

London Lupus Information Day - 5th October 2019

Hi everyone,

On Saturday 5th October we will be hosting a free Lupus Information Day at Hilton London Tower Bridge, 5 More London Place, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2BY.

Registration for the information day starts from 1pm, with the event itself starting at 1.30pm. We will have a number of expert speakers including;

Dr Arvind Kaul (Consultant Rheumatologist)

Dr Thomas McDonnell (Lupus Researcher)

More Speakers TBA

The presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.

You can order your free ticket(s) online at lupusuk.org.uk/london-info-...

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

What a shame it’s in London,I live in the north,could manage Manchester at a push,but bought of going to London makes me feel like crying!

Hi Oshgosh,

In May 2020 we will be having one of these events in Hyde, Manchester. Hopefully this will be more accessible for you? We try to move around the country to give as many people a chance to attend as possible.

Thanks for fast reply.can go bu car,which means I can avoid the dreaded public transport.hope you have a good holiday

Would there be a video airing of this event for those who cannot be there, or are like some, from far away? The information presented would be of interest to many of us here. Wish I could jone in. Thank you, peace, blessings thestorm

4 likes

That’s a great idea - to capture the day on video - or could we Skype in real time or something similar?

1 like

Although I don’t have a diagnosis of Lupus at this time I would be more than happy to attend and help out or film it for those who are too far to attend.

Xx

5 likes

Lisalou, cheers to you for thinking so kindly of others!!!! If you are in the right place at the time, could you do that for many of us??? That would be fantastic. You are such a inspiration of helping your fellow man, or women. My heart is smiling from your simple act of kindness that can be spread to all!!! Please let us know if this could truly happen. Cyber hugs to you my friend. Thank you, sending peace, blessings, thestorm💖💖

4 likes

Oh my , I’m physically crying at your reply.

I would absolutely do this for you all if I am allowed 😊. I am approximately 13 miles from London, even on my bad days I make the journey for my appointments and I would do the same for you all.

For us that have truly suffered we know all to well how hard living with these illnesses can be.

If we can help just one person on our journey then that’s a blessing .

Thank you for your kind reply

Xx

4 likes

Your truly carrying the banner for us all here! Tears of joy in helping others, you are so dear.💖As this little one once said,"think of your fellow man give them a helping hand, put a little love in your heart💖", and you did!!!! Lets see if we can get approval if you are willing, but please do not feel pressured to do this, the thought alone is a warming gesture. Also, maybe how many of us here in the hub would want to view it? Just thinking of you, and the undertaking of it all. What do you think dear Lisalou, let me know. kindness is contagious. peace, thestorm

1 like

If I can help just one person be apart of something that their illness denies them from travelling too, then I 100% will be there 😊

Of course if I’m allowed. Xx

1 like

Bless you Lisalou, and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, life just got in the way and as did my symptoms. If there is anything I can do to help you and on this journey event, please let me know. You are so loved always, sincerely I do mean that. Thank you for helping many of us over the barerors here. 😉👍😊 Great peace and blessings, and hugs, thestorm

Possibly a very silly question but I've registered but did not receive an acknowledgement email. Am I meant to have received one or have the computer gremlins been on the war path again?

Just asking beforehand as I don't want to duplicate if I re-register.

Hi I didn't receive a reply either not sure what to do xx

All our information days are on video, you can catch up on previous ones on our website. Best wishes Kevin Chair Lupus UK

1 like

You may also like...